Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn-Clemson

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Auburn-Clemson
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 05:15:31 PM »
I feel your pain, but I feel like we are set up for a good two-three year run after this season.

We'll return 17 starters and hopefully plug in a lot of young guys into roles that are lacking right now. 

Word is that Frost and Cassanova are both physically much better than Holland and Bates, but they're so green, they'd never be near the ball carrier.  We have possibly the best defensive class in the history of recruiting coming in next year.  Frazier will get better.  We have a stable of young running backs plus possibly adding a 5 star stud in Derrick Green.  The offensive line is very, very young, and we have more young talent to plug in once Sullen graduates. 

We're only going to get better.  Last year really wasn't a rebuilding year.  That just sucked.  I do think this is a rebuilding year.  I just hope Chizik can keep morale up when we get beat a few more times.
See now this is the THS I know and love.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2012, 05:24:56 PM »

I said before this season started that I thought we'd go 8-5, just like last year, but without the blowouts.

I feel like last night portrayed that kind of team.

I've said we could be a better team without a better record too.  I disagree with the last sentence.  We were blown out last night, they just didn't score the points when they had the chance.   

I can't believe we can't find a defense.  Un fucking believable!  With a defense, that team could be as you say, and building to next year.  We don't have it that I can tell. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2012, 05:34:22 PM »
Didn't see anything that much resembled Auburn football. 

Definitely don't know who we are or who we can rely on offensively.  Ram the ball down the field and then throw three passes into the fifth row of the stands.  Why?

The linebackers were absolutely awful in my opinion.  Unfortunately the defensive scheme we're attempting to run counts on linebackers holding their own. 

Not throwing in the towel, but was really disappointed with that lukewarm pile of oatmeal I saw last night. 

Make all the ten-win predictions you want, but Clemson is a mediocre team with a defense that's going to get gashed a bunch this season.  And AU didn't play with the energy or enthusiasm it takes to win against a punk ass team having a sort of decent night.  They should not have been able to out-talent us. 

Not going to keep hammering at it, but that was a piss poor showing in every aspect. 

Frazier is better than Moseley.  So is a baby iguana. 
The defense didn't give up 40 points. It would have if Clemson receivers could catch.
Mason isn't bad but he's small.  Need somebody else to step in.   
Blake can catch the ball.  Is he by himself? 

The coaching staff does a good job getting the talent there.  They've got to do a better job getting that talent in the right places doing the right things than they did last night.  That was miserable. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2012, 05:38:05 PM »
Didn't see anything that much resembled Auburn football. 

Definitely don't know who we are or who we can rely on offensively.  Ram the ball down the field and then throw three passes into the fifth row of the stands.  Why?

The linebackers were absolutely awful in my opinion.  Unfortunately the defensive scheme we're attempting to run counts on linebackers holding their own. 

Not throwing in the towel, but was really disappointed with that lukewarm pile of oatmeal I saw last night. 

Make all the ten-win predictions you want, but Clemson is a mediocre team with a defense that's going to get gashed a bunch this season.  And AU didn't play with the energy or enthusiasm it takes to win against a punk ass team having a sort of decent night.  They should not have been able to out-talent us. 

Not going to keep hammering at it, but that was a piss poor showing in every aspect. 

Frazier is better than Moseley.  So is a baby iguana. 
The defense didn't give up 40 points. It would have if Clemson receivers could catch.
Mason isn't bad but he's small.  Need somebody else to step in.   
Blake can catch the ball.  Is he by himself? 

The coaching staff does a good job getting the talent there.  They've got to do a better job getting that talent in the right places doing the right things than they did last night.  That was miserable.

Other than your assessment of Clemson, which I think is rooted in hate for Dabo, I agree with all the rest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »
Also, more on Mason.  He can carry between the tackles, just not 30 times a game, but we have 3 similar backs in Mason, Blakely, and Grant, and they can do that and more between them.  Let OMac be a 3rd down/change of pace back running the speed sweep option, and throw play action to Lutz over the middle, and deep shots to Blake.

That said...no defensive improvement, and I mean a lot, then we are no better than 7-6.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2012, 06:02:03 PM »

Frazier had plenty of chances to complete what should be routine passes and failed.  Our running game looked good and when we got to mid field we decide to rely on passing which looked like shit.  Yes it was game one but Loeffler should have known what Frazier could and could not do and been more creative in scoring position.
I really don't know what you expected out of Frazier. He is a sophomore starting in his first game having attempted a whole 10 passes last year. And what did you want Loeffler to know, he had yet to see him in a live game situation. Big difference from practice.   As I said teams usually show the most improvement between the first and second games.  Some of y'all have some serious expectations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2012, 06:04:21 PM »
So many of you are in the wrong line of work.

You should all be coaching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2012, 06:19:39 PM »
I really don't know what you expected out of Frazier. He is a sophomore starting in his first game having attempted a whole 10 passes last year. And what did you want Loeffler to know, he had yet to see him in a live game situation. Big difference from practice.   As I said teams usually show the most improvement between the first and second games.  Some of y'all have some serious expectations.
McCarron won a NC as a sophomore in his first year as a starter. He only threw like 30 more passes than Frazier his frosh year, and it was only in mop up duty against 2nd and 3rd team scrubs. Frazier was higher ranked coming out of HS than McCarron was. And it's not like he's a 1st round NFL pick in waiting or anything. Not saying that winning a NC and only losing 1 game should be where the bar is set for Frazier, but it's not like it's set in stone that he has to be horrible just because he's a sophomore. McCarron is average to maybe slightly above average (maybe), and has some good pieces of the puzzle around him. AU has recruited very well over the past few years, so what gives? I think that is sort of where some people are coming from.

Why Frazier didn't get more reps last season, I don't know. It was mind boggling at the least, given the play of Mosley and Trotter. That's on the coaches. I think everybody expects a QB that is at least serviceable. And while it appears Frazier has improved over last year, I'm not sure he's at the point of being serviceable yet. He looked pretty good in the first quarter, but I don't know what happened the rest of the game. Now, we're back to a point that was made last year. If QB A was "dead even" with QB B in pre-season, if the bad play continues, do you put QB B in at some point to give him a shot?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2012, 06:50:21 PM »
McCarron won a NC as a sophomore in his first year as a starter. He only threw like 30 more passes than Frazier his frosh year, and it was only in mop up duty against 2nd and 3rd team scrubs. Frazier was higher ranked coming out of HS than McCarron was. And it's not like he's a 1st round NFL pick in waiting or anything. Not saying that winning a NC and only losing 1 game should be where the bar is set for Frazier, but it's not like it's set in stone that he has to be horrible just because he's a sophomore. McCarron is average to maybe slightly above average (maybe), and has some good pieces of the puzzle around him. AU has recruited very well over the past few years, so what gives? I think that is sort of where some people are coming from.

Why Frazier didn't get more reps last season, I don't know. It was mind boggling at the least, given the play of Mosley and Trotter. That's on the coaches. I think everybody expects a QB that is at least serviceable. And while it appears Frazier has improved over last year, I'm not sure he's at the point of being serviceable yet. He looked pretty good in the first quarter, but I don't know what happened the rest of the game. Now, we're back to a point that was made last year. If QB A was "dead even" with QB B in pre-season, if the bad play continues, do you put QB B in at some point to give him a shot?
And if you think McCarron is the reason you won the MNC last year you are an idiot.

You guys had an all world defense last year. We do not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Yoda

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2012, 07:05:23 PM »

I expected him to be able to complete a ten yard pass.  I expected him to be able to scramble.  I expected him to be able to realize that the pocket collapsed and he had held onto the ball for 3 seconds too long, throw it away instead of taking a 7 yard loss.  I did not expect him to light up the field, nor would I expect the O co-ordinater to think that he could.  Hence if running the ball is working why in the hell start throwing it when your QB couldn't hit shit.  Or maybe set up some creative swing passes, screens or quick slants.

If that is not realistic then I don't know what the hell is for a highly recruited athlete.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Yoda

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2012, 07:07:43 PM »
And if you think McCarron is the reason you won the MNC last year you are an idiot.

That is very true but at least McCarron could complete a throw for a first down when needed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

RWS

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »

I don't think he is the reason. Like I said, he has some good pieces of the puzzle around him. He doesn't have to carry the entire team on his shoulders. He's not a worldbeater on his own, and he didn't have to be as a sophomore, or a junior for that matter. I don't think anybody expects Frazier to be a worldbeater either. With the exceptional recruiting AU has had over the past few years, the pieces of the puzzle should be in place. You guys have the talent. You guys should have a defense at least comparable to Alabama's. There are some studs on that side of the ball. From the outside looking in, I just don't get it. Why isn't the puzzle being put together?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2012, 07:50:59 PM »
This is eerily similar to last year's "Tongans are fucking strong" argument you had after Utah State pushed us to the last second.
I stated that Utah State was a pretty good football team, which they were. First bowl game for them in 14 YEARS (7-6 record with the 6 losses being an average of 30-26). This Clemson team is very good and they'll be even better when Watkins comes back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »
I stated that Utah State was a pretty good football team, which they were. First bowl game for them in 14 YEARS (7-6 record with the 6 losses being an average of 30-26). This Clemson team is very good and they'll be even better when Watkins comes back.
Their losses, other than to Auburn, were to Colorado State, BYU, Fresno State, La Tech, and Ohio (not Ohio State.....Just Ohio.)

They beat Weber State, Wyoming, Hawaii, San Jose State, Idaho, Nevada, and New Mexico State. If that's all that it takes to be "pretty good", then you guys owe Gus Malzahn and Ted Roof an apology.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2012, 08:44:37 PM »
This team will get better, the DL (particularly the DTs) will get better. The OL will get better (IMO, they did pretty good), Frazier will get better. Auburn had the chances last night. My question is, would everyone be gnashing their teeth had Auburn won? Would people be questioning Coach Chizik, stating that he's not a good coach, he's on the hot seat, lose one more game and he should be fired, yada, yada, yada...Seriously? Auburn has some of the biggest pussies calling themselves fans of Auburn and no I'm not talking about people here, although there is one maybe two people here that're calling themselves Auburn fans, but in reality they're inbred bammers. Like I said before the season started, (8-4/9-3). It could be more toward 8-4, though I'll have a better read on the team after the 3rd game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2012, 08:57:24 PM »
Will MSU be a pushover this week?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2012, 09:07:06 PM »
Will MSU be a pushover this week?

No, but Auburn will beat them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »
Their losses, other than to Auburn, were to Colorado State, BYU, Fresno State, La Tech, and Ohio (not Ohio State.....Just Ohio.)

They beat Weber State, Wyoming, Hawaii, San Jose State, Idaho, Nevada, and New Mexico State. If that's all that it takes to be "pretty good", then you guys owe Gus Malzahn and Ted Roof an apology.
You mean the Ohio Bobcats that beat Penn State yesterday? Like I stated before, their average in their 6 losses was four points. So yeah, they were a pretty good football team...regardless of what you or anyone thinks or say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2012, 09:19:50 PM »
You mean the Ohio Bobcats that beat Penn State yesterday?
I hope you understand why that was one of the dumbest measuring sticks that you could have possibly used. But something tells me that you don't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2012, 09:40:24 PM »
I hope you understand why that was one of the dumbest measuring sticks that you could have possibly used. But something tells me that you don't.
Something tells me that you don't understand what pretty good means.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions