Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn-Clemson

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Auburn-Clemson
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »
Here's something that I'm really tired of seeing...REALLY, REALLY TIRED OF SEEING!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »
Here's something that I'm really tired of seeing...REALLY, REALLY TIRED OF SEEING!!!

Ready for some maroon and cowbells are you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2012, 10:03:56 PM »

10 yard cushion is better than the 14 they were giving
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »
fudge you. This sucked. Stop the better team bullshoot and go suck a richard.
Thanks for your insightful football analysis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

JR4AU

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2012, 10:23:13 PM »
10 yard cushion is better than the 14 they were giving

Actually, the CB is at 8 yards from the ball, which is standard in Cover 3.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:01:43 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »
Some retrospect. 

First loss in a season opener by Chizik since he came to Auburn. 

When Auburn loses the season opener:

2005 Lost to Ga. Tech, finished 9-3
2003 Lost to USC finished 8-5
2002 Lost to USC finished 9-4
1998 Lost to Virginia finished 3-8
1992 Lost to Ole Miss finished 5-5-1
1984 Lost to Miami finished 9-4

That's it until you get back to Barfield and Jordan. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2012, 11:57:14 AM »
Some retrospect. 

So, other than the two disaster years (which each had their own fucked up circumstances), if history plays out we're an 8/9 win team.  Sounds like what all the people without guns to their temples this week are saying here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »
Some retrospect. 

Out of all of the teams on the list, this team reminds me more of the '02 team than any. Young across they board but very talented. New offensive and defensive coordinators. Sophomore QB...... That team also lost to a pathetic Ron Zook Florida team and had their hearts ripped out at the very end by Georgia. However, they did curb stomp the defending SEC Champ LSU at Jordan Hare and they also junk punched an overhyped Harvey U team in their own fucking house. Let me rephrase that. Out of all the teams on the list, I hope in the end this team reminds me more of the '02 team than any.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »
After reading this thread I now see why he is called the Godfather..

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2012, 01:16:51 PM »
So, other than the two disaster years (which each had their own fudgeed up circumstances), if history plays out we're an 8/9 win team.  Sounds like what all the people without guns to their temples this week are saying here.
I would drink to that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

JR4AU

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2012, 04:07:58 PM »
Some retrospect. 

None of those are THIS team.  Going back to Dye, even in the bad years, we had a defense.   We don't have a defense.  A good defense covers a lot of deficiencies.  A bad one exposes or amplifies them.  The offense we saw from Auburn the other night will get better, and wasn't horrible.  But, by design, it's no supposed to be prolific in scoring points.  It's supposed to compliment a good or great defense and special teams.  Cannot for the life of me figure out why there seems to be NO IMPROVEMENT on defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »
None of those are THIS team.  Going back to Dye, even in the bad years, we had a defense.   We don't have a defense.  A good defense covers a lot of deficiencies.  A bad one exposes or amplifies them.  The offense we saw from Auburn the other night will get better, and wasn't horrible.  But, by design, it's no supposed to be prolific in scoring points.  It's supposed to compliment a good or great defense and special teams.  Cannot for the life of me figure out why there seems to be NO IMPROVEMENT on defense.

Watch the game again.

There may not have been as much of a revolutionary improvement as most of us were expecting/hoping for, but to pretend like that was exactly as bad as Roof's product, is probably due to those high expectations you set.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »

Only the sixth season opener lost since 1977 though. 

i just didn't see anything that moved me other than some decent runs.   Everything else was numbingly average. 

And say whatever you wish, Frazier is a nice kid but he's not an SEC caliber quarterback.  He might be fine in the ACC or the Big East, but he's not SEC. 

Biggest problem on defense is linebacker.  Just don't have anybody doing the job there.  it's like an enormous black hole.  They can't cover receivers out of the backfield, their angles were consistently terrible, they hit with all the pop of a soggy spitball. 

We don't have a QB and we don't have linebackers.  That's the worst possible combo for the SEC. Not sure what can be done to fix it.  Coaching isn't going to solve those issues.  How can we have NO quarterback worth a shit?  How can Jake fucking Holland be the best option we have at LB? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2012, 04:49:43 PM »
Watch the game again.

There may not have been as much of a revolutionary improvement as most of us were expecting/hoping for, but to pretend like that was exactly as bad as Roof's product, is probably due to those high expectations you set.

We didn't tackle well at all.  Check.
We couldn't get off the field on third down.  Check.
We gave up long drives to an average offense. Check.
We didn't contain the quarterback. Check.
Linebackers were invisible most of the night. Check. (after Bynes, that is)
Defensive line got its shit pushed in by a makeshift offensive line. Check.
We made an average running back look like the second coming of Barry Sanders. Check.

Wasn't a matter of expectations.  Clemson had 28 first downs and 528 yards of total offense.  They dropped enough passes to put 40+ on the board.  They had 320 yards rushing. 

That's abysmal in any book.  Clemson isn't that fucking good.  And they were without their best player.  There's not much positive you can take away from that.   It wasn't a whole lot better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2012, 05:09:20 PM »
There was also a record set with ellington's rush yards.  Most EVER by a single running back against An AU defense.  At least according to the twitters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2012, 05:20:36 PM »
Only the sixth season opener lost since 1977 though. 

i just didn't see anything that moved me other than some decent runs.   Everything else was numbingly average. 

And say whatever you wish, Frazier is a nice kid but he's not an SEC caliber quarterback.  He might be fine in the ACC or the Big East, but he's not SEC. 

Biggest problem on defense is linebacker.  Just don't have anybody doing the job there.  it's like an enormous black hole.  They can't cover receivers out of the backfield, their angles were consistently terrible, they hit with all the pop of a soggy spitball. 

We don't have a QB and we don't have linebackers.  That's the worst possible combo for the SEC. Not sure what can be done to fix it.  Coaching isn't going to solve those issues.  How can we have NO quarterback worth a shit?  How can Jake fucking Holland be the best option we have at LB?

Other than me personally reserving judgement on Frazier, I agree. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »

This is what I don't understand.  Chizik has had 3 full recruiting years.  We should have players in these areas.  Chizik being a defensive coach I can't get past not having any quality experienced LB's, it's unacceptable.  Even if Frazier develops this year we should be two deep at QB right now.  I understand Cam left earlier than expected but he will still be gone this year and all we have at QB is a sophomore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2012, 06:56:19 PM »
No, but Auburn will beat them.
Unless we don't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2012, 09:16:05 PM »
Simps take:

Although I saw some mistakes by the coordinators and also by our key players, I also saw much improvement in many areas. The defense is much more aggressive and an offense that can play smash
mouth football. I'm one of those that has found many things to be hopefull for in this years Auburn Tigers, and many to follow. I certainly think this loss to Clemson sucks ass but it is to a team that is Senior heavy which did happen to win their own conference last year and looks to be on the same track this year.

Cons - We lost

Pros - I saw more promise than what I expected in Fraziers arm. We have a very talented group of RB's. Auburns defense is much more aggresive. Auburns special teams is this shit. Both the DL and OL have
a ton of depth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »
If mediocrity is a Pro then I guess we can say there is hope for next weeks game against Mississippi State. Yes, this was the first game but as always (Cam not included) we find ourselves with yet another QB that was great in highschool but just can't seem to turn the page. Hell, it took Trotter...God Fing Bless him for his bowl performance but wtf. It took the hand of god for him to even give an above average showing and we had to wait for his final game to see that. Frazier look scared, confused and he could not for the life of himself check down to a crossing route or even a simple dump pass....he did however dump passes all over the field but not in a arms reach of our receivers. Our defense looks mean, yes. However, did any of you bother to look at the number of yards they put on us (528)....I'd rather have fing creme puffs on the field as long as they can tackle. We are War Damn Eagles and we should never be OK with mediocrity. The play calling was so sporadic that we were all so confused with it it took us another day to figure out what happend. Mason, first down, McCalebb, First down...run YAY, run YAY...Pass WTF WTF WTF, run Yay. OH well...off my soap box. I hope Gene figures it out quick that we have some awesome weapons within 15 yards of scrimage and to fing punish defenses with it and then let Long arm Frazier stretch it out to Blake to keep em honest. (If Called I forsee a 40 plus yard run with a screen to Mason with that Tank of a FB leading the way) I don't think we called one screen that entire game...WTF!

War Turkey Out!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions