Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Auburn-Clemson
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 01:53:17 AM »
Just got back home.  Several things I learned tonight:

1.  Clemson fans have become just like their douchebag coach
2.  The DL is not as good as I originally thought they'd be
3.  Tre Mason will be a workhorse back.
4.  Scot Loeffler needs to understand McProne can't run off tackle from the Ace Formation
5.  The secondary still looks like swiss cheese
6.  Kahlile Frasshier needs to set his feet better...all of his throws went high tonight
7.  The orange sundress is still teh awesome
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 01:54:39 AM »
LSU has a complete team. Clemson has offensive skill players. Both have goofy head coaches.
Clemson has two good offensive skill players. One of which didn't play tonight. They don't have shit on defense. Also horse shit on the Ellington for Heisman comment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 02:33:31 AM »
Like I said before, Clemson is and will be one of Auburn's hardest games and Clemson is better than LSU. Also, Andre Ellington will be in the running for the Heisman, regardless of what anyone here thinks. The team that Auburn faced is a 10 win team...add Watkins, then it's a 13-14 win team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 03:37:19 AM »
Just got back home.  Several things I learned tonight:

1.  Clemson fans have become just like their douchebag coach
2.  The DL is not as good as I originally thought they'd be
3.  Tre Mason will be a workhorse back.
4.  Scot Loeffler needs to understand McProne can't run off tackle from the Ace Formation
5.  The secondary still looks like swiss cheese
6.  Kahlile Frasshier needs to set his feet better...all of his throws went high tonight
7.  The orange sundress is still teh awesome
Clemson fans were douchebag's especially with the liquor and beer sales during the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 08:03:49 AM »
Like I said before, Clemson is and will be one of Auburn's hardest games and Clemson is better than LSU. Also, Andre Ellington will be in the running for the Heisman, regardless of what anyone here thinks. The team that Auburn faced is a 10 win team...add Watkins, then it's a 13-14 win team.

This is eerily similar to last year's "Tongans are fucking strong" argument you had after Utah State pushed us to the last second. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »
This thread is meh, Frazier will get better this team will improve.

Y'all need some cheese with the fuckin whine?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 11:56:52 AM »
If you're telling me that Clemson is a better team than LSU, you're full of shoot.

Full. Of. shoot.
They may or may not be better but Auburn plays LSU at home this year. And considering LSU has only 3 fucking wins at Jordan Hare in the last 40 fucking years I sure as hell ain't conceiding shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 11:58:29 AM »
Yeah.  And they didn't have Watkins.  The team AU played tonight is a 6-win level team. 

And we didn't ride Mason.  Instead we put the game in the hands of Teddy Fruxpin, the Cocoa Panda. 

Not an SEC-caliber quarterback. 

Got hosed on a couple of calls that helped put points on the board for them, but still. 

That was not a good football team at all.  Little discipline, a makeshift line that we should have manhandled.   Should have scored 30 or 40 on that shitacular defense.  We didn't. 

Clemson plays in the ACC -- which is weak -- but they're still going to get their shit pushed in by some half-ass teams.

If they're a 6-6 team, we won't win 6.

Mason is not a back we can ride for 25 carries a game.  Not big enough.  Where were the rest of the backs?

Frazier was hot and cold last night, and at least shows some heart and smarts.  Doesn't panic.  Not great, but shows promise.

Disagree that wasn't a good team, but yeah, our DL should have manhandled their patchwork OL, and didn't.

Repeat, if they're a 6-6 ACC team, we are, as predicted by many, 10th in the SEC, and won't go bowling.  I just don't see us being THAT bad.  The defense has got to find a way to get off the field!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 01:37:39 PM »
This is eerily similar to last year's "Tongans are fucking strong" argument you had after Utah State pushed us to the last second.
No no no. Samoans are strong. Tongans are mainly proud but some are plenty strong.

This was a tough opener. We won't have to defend against another kitchen sink offense like this. Malzahn's probably thinking the same about Oregon. Clemson is very similar to us. But they have an experinced QB in Boyd along with Ellington, WATKINS, Hopkins... :sad: and a lake. They have no defense and an offensive line comparable to ours. But unlike us, they really only have to get by Va Tech and FSU.

Auburn has an improved defensive line which is what we expected.
Our most glaring weakness is at LB, because we might even see some decent coverage (not so loose) from our secondary against more conventional offenses. But Morris eventually ran us down and we steadilly turned to shit.

Our offensive line will get better playing against SEC defenses if they don't get the boot or choose to give up football in order to concentrate on their studies.
The "singlemost" improvment is Prosch. Mason can hit a crease because of Prosch. OMac is a burner to the boundaries and there is no telling what he could be if we could get him the ball in the air on the run out of the slot. 

Frazier has enough talent to be a winning QB but it will be a long season waiting for the offensive line to gel while trying to get the ball to Blake and Lutz in the real contests ahead. Again, I didn't see any play action to help him, only a floating pocket against a weak defense where he is prone to make off-balanced throws.
He's no Aaron Murray but he can be a good game manager if we can run the ball in the games ahead. And no, I'm not talking about the four or five we should win, I'm talking about State,Vandy and TAMU, not Arky or UGA and certainly not LSU or Alabama.

I like our longterm plan with Loeffler and Van Gorder.  I'm admittedly "incoherent" in many of my past posts and I'm a longtime Auburn homer but I'm not delusional. We have to crawl before we walk. If we can fix some mistakes and find another receiver from the pool of potential (munchkins included) and get some games under our belt up front I think we can become better than respectable on offense.
Defensively I just don't have a read because we are so thin on talent at LB and the problem isn't so much our one on one individual coverage from our CBs per se as it is the acreage that opposing QBs and receivers are given. Mind boggling!

Also:
Welcome newbies!
Drink hearty and post often. It's gonna be a long one but you can only raise me up based on some of your recent intro posts. As Token warned, I suggest you stay far away from common social issues, movie reviews and anything that basically matters unless you are poised to argue the pulp from a sappling rather than the forest.     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 02:08:38 PM »
Jake Holland is the best LB EVAR, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Yoda

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 02:30:21 PM »
This thread is meh, Frazier will get better this team will improve.

Y'all need some cheese with the fuckin whine?

Don't really see it that way, year 4 of Chizik we should not lose to a team like Clemson.  We have been through every excuse Tubb's recruiting, we're young, new coaches I don't care about that shit anymore.  We have recruited well for the last 3 years we should not lose like we did last night. 

Yes team will get better and yes our defense improved.  We had chances to win the game last night we also had chances to get blown out as well.  The stupid mistakes being made and the shitty play calling last night is what I personally am not willing to accept.

Frazier had plenty of chances to complete what should be routine passes and failed.  Our running game looked good and when we got to mid field we decide to rely on passing which looked like shit.  Yes it was game one but Loeffler should have known what Frazier could and could not do and been more creative in scoring position. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 02:35:48 PM »
Don't really see it that way, year 4 of Chizik we should not lose to a team like Clemson.  We have been through every excuse Tubb's recruiting, we're young, new coaches I don't care about that shit anymore.  We have recruited well for the last 3 years we should not lose like we did last night. 

Yes team will get better and yes our defense improved.  We had chances to win the game last night we also had chances to get blown out as well.  The stupid mistakes being made and the shitty play calling last night is what I personally am not willing to accept.

Frazier had plenty of chances to complete what should be routine passes and failed.  Our running game looked good and when we got to mid field we decide to rely on passing which looked like shit.  Yes it was game one but Loeffler should have known what Frazier could and could not do and been more creative in scoring position.

I feel your pain, but I feel like we are set up for a good two-three year run after this season.

We'll return 17 starters and hopefully plug in a lot of young guys into roles that are lacking right now. 

Word is that Frost and Cassanova are both physically much better than Holland and Bates, but they're so green, they'd never be near the ball carrier.  We have possibly the best defensive class in the history of recruiting coming in next year.  Frazier will get better.  We have a stable of young running backs plus possibly adding a 5 star stud in Derrick Green.  The offensive line is very, very young, and we have more young talent to plug in once Sullen graduates. 

We're only going to get better.  Last year really wasn't a rebuilding year.  That just sucked.  I do think this is a rebuilding year.  I just hope Chizik can keep morale up when we get beat a few more times. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »

Auburn has an improved defensive line which is what we expected.

Curious as to what game you watched.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 02:42:46 PM »
I feel your pain, but I feel like we are set up for a good two-three year run after this season.

We'll return 17 starters and hopefully plug in a lot of young guys into roles that are lacking right now. 

Word is that Frost and Cassanova are both physically much better than Holland and Bates, but they're so green, they'd never be near the ball carrier.  We have possibly the best defensive class in the history of recruiting coming in next year.  Frazier will get better.  We have a stable of young running backs plus possibly adding a 5 star stud in Derrick Green.  The offensive line is very, very young, and we have more young talent to plug in once Sullen graduates. 

We're only going to get better.  Last year really wasn't a rebuilding year.  That just sucked.  I do think this is a rebuilding year.  I just hope Chizik can keep morale up when we get beat a few more times.

All of your points are good and valid, but I can also see shit hitting the fan if we don't win ball games.  Our schedule this year does not go well with how we played last night. 

Also not convinced that Frazier will develop into a good QB, not even sure that he can be a game manager.  Hope I'm wrong because if not we are 2-3 years from competing for anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

JR4AU

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »
All of your points are good and valid, but I can also see shit hitting the fan if we don't win ball games.  Our schedule this year does not go well with how we played last night. 

Also not convinced that Frazier will develop into a good QB, not even sure that he can be a game manager.  Hope I'm wrong because if not we are 2-3 years from competing for anything.

If your last sentence is correct, it will be with a new head coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 02:55:09 PM »
If your last sentence is correct, it will be with a new head coach.

Definitely will be.  This weekend is a must win game.

Wife is a State fan so we are going to the game.  Not excited about Starkvegas but am about seeing us play in person.  Can read the play much better when you can see the whole field developing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »
Definitely will be.  This weekend is a must win game.

Wife is a State fan so we are going to the game.  Not excited about Starkvegas but am about seeing us play in person.  Can read the play much better when you can see the whole field developing.

We lose to State I don't think we even make a bowl game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 04:27:02 PM »
We lose to State I don't think we even make a bowl game.

We don't make a bowl game, then Chiz really is the coach the bammers claim he is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »
State does not have a QB or a RB even close to what we saw last night.  If Kiehl can calm down for his first road game and get his throws down, this game won't even be close.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »
We don't make a bowl game, then Chiz really is the coach the bammers claim he is.

Yep.

But I think that's taking it too far.

I said before this season started that I thought we'd go 8-5, just like last year, but without the blowouts.

I feel like last night portrayed that kind of team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions