Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hurricane Isaac

Hurricane Isaac
« on: August 23, 2012, 10:10:35 PM »

It looks like it'll be in and out before kickoff Saturday.  However, I hope it doesn't cause any practices to be cancelled, but that would have to take a serious turn for the east in order for Auburn to tell football players not to walk to the indoor facility. 

The South Carolina @ Vanderbilt game may be affected. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Hurricane Isaac
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:19:07 PM »
Meh.  It's a one or a two.  No need to panic.  just a little wind and rain. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 10:43:43 PM »
Last storm track I saw...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 10:50:52 PM »
Substitute the Van Gorder stache and we could have an ass ripper of a hurricane.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »
That blows.  I have a week long class in Gulfport next week that will likely get canceled. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 12:59:42 AM »
In 1997 I was living in Pcola when Cat 1 Hurricane Danny made a direct landfall.  It was my birthday.  We went to the movies and out to dinner.  Had to turn the windshield wipers on and that was about it.  Car didn't even shake in the wind as we were driving across the Bay Bridge.

So Cat 1/2 or Tropical Storm?

:move:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:11:59 AM »
Last storm track I saw...

Gold Jerry!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 08:24:56 AM »
In 1997 I was living in Pcola when Cat 1 Hurricane Danny made a direct landfall.  It was my birthday.  We went to the movies and out to dinner.  Had to turn the windshield wipers on and that was about it.  Car didn't even shake in the wind as we were driving across the Bay Bridge.

The problem we'll face down here will be flooding. And, wasn't Danny the TS that stayed in Mobile Bay for like three days and flooded the Eastern Shore? Furthermore, it drained like 2 o r 3 feet from the bay water level.

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/at19975.asp

We're already way above the average here for rainfall.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:31:13 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 09:16:45 AM »
The problem we'll face down here will be flooding. And, wasn't Danny the TS that stayed in Mobile Bay for like three days and flooded the Eastern Shore? Furthermore, it drained like 2 o r 3 feet from the bay water level.

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/at19975.asp

We're already way above the average here for rainfall.

Define "down here"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 10:23:56 AM »

Danny wasn't much of anything, really. He was barely a hurricane and sat in Mobile Bay for like 2 days. I've lived about 10 minutes from the Gulf all of my life, and Ivan scared the shit out of me. First hurricane that I was ever scared of. I was leading the crew manning our town's fire station, and we hauled ass to the old PD when our garage doors blew in. And that was hours before it even made landfall. When we were in the eye, we couldn't even get a block down the road in any direction to get a peek at damage. It was insane.

They're projecting this one as around 80-90 mph when it hits. Relatively speaking, fairly tame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »
I just want my flight to Miami Monday morning to be canceled, so I can work from home all week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 05:28:57 AM »
Danny wasn't much of anything, really. He was barely a hurricane and sat in Mobile Bay for like 2 days. I've lived about 10 minutes from the Gulf all of my life, and Ivan scared the shit out of me. First hurricane that I was ever scared of. I was leading the crew manning our town's fire station, and we hauled ass to the old PD when our garage doors blew in. And that was hours before it even made landfall. When we were in the eye, we couldn't even get a block down the road in any direction to get a peek at damage. It was insane.

They're projecting this one as around 80-90 mph when it hits. Relatively speaking, fairly tame.
Hurricane Ivan was my favorite one of all. Hit Mobile, started to fizzle out in Virginia, got into the Atlantic and regained it's strength and combined with another Hurricane (iirc), circled back around and hit Florida, then finished up in Georgia. I was rooting for it to get back into the Atlantic and swing around again, lol.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:36:51 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 08:27:02 AM »
Define "down here"

Lower Alabama (Mobile)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 08:34:21 AM »

Danny was just shy of emptying the bay (just kidding) and flooded the eastern shore. Fredrick scared the shit out of me. Ivan was rough on the eastern shore and Gulf Shores,  but had only 50+ mph winds in Mobile causing some damage to power lines and trees (tornadoes spawning from minimal hurricanes are a threat). but for the most part, didn't do too much damage. A Cat 1 hitting GS, or farther east, will cause minimal damage here while creating a bit of short term work for the area.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 11:57:43 AM »
Lower Alabama (Mobile)

As long as you stay on your side of the Bay (over there with Sheridan) we'll be okay. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 09:52:27 AM »
Well this is neat! My first evacuation!

Work's gonna be closed tomorrow & Wednesday. Maybe longer, but they're thinking not likely since the storm appears to be weakening.

So I've got to drive 5 hours to Montgomery tomorrow, 5 hours back on Wednesday, then 7 hours to ATL Friday, 7 hours back Monday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 09:54:26 AM »
Too young to remember Frederick, but the folks said that was the worst in our neck of the woods (Thomasville, 90 miles north of Mobile).  At the time we lived in about an 800 sq ft clapboard sided house.  After Frederick there were pine needles sticking out of the side of it.  They said one side of the house looked like a porcupine.

Worst I remember was Opel, kept spinning off tornadoes.  Took my Dad and I about 2 hours to get the mile down the road to the highway from all the trees down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

chinook

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 10:01:22 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 10:46:56 AM »
Well this is neat! My first evacuation!

Work's gonna be closed tomorrow & Wednesday. Maybe longer, but they're thinking not likely since the storm appears to be weakening.

So I've got to drive 5 hours to Montgomery tomorrow, 5 hours back on Wednesday, then 7 hours to ATL Friday, 7 hours back Monday.

It's been a while since I lived there, but do you really have to leave?

I remember being a kid and trying to play basketball when Hurrican Andrew came through.  Good memory.  Much better than driving to Montgomery. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 10:53:15 AM »
It's been a while since I lived there, but do you really have to leave?

I remember being a kid and trying to play basketball when Hurrican Andrew came through.  Good memory.  Much better than driving to Montgomery.
Still tryin to figure that out now.

I know work's gonna be closed for at least two days.

It's looking like the evacuation may not be mandatory now.

Still have no clue what the fuck I'm doing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions