Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

update On RB Jovon Robinson

update On RB Jovon Robinson
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:40:24 PM »

Aug 13th, 2012 at 12:55 am by Cody SpoonAuburn Football
Home » Auburn Football » Update on RB Jovon Robinson
As you have heard by now, Freshman RB Jovon Robinson is not practicing with the team as of last Thursday night, August 9. He was at the Auburn Football Fan Day at Auburn Arena today, signing autographs but there is nothing stating he cannot do such an activity. There is a lot of smoke and back channel talk which leads to a lot of opinion forming in matters like these. Here are some things I can tell you with certainty:
Robinson’s transcript from Wooddale High School in Memphis, TN is under review by the NCAA. The guidance counselor which allegedly changed and falsified his transcript resigned her position as of Friday morning, August 10. The compliance office has been ahead of this situation, however they have been awaiting the phone call they received on Thursday evening from the NCAA that requires Robinson to sit out. Beforehand, there was no word from the NCAA therefore he was allowed to practice and participate. There are many forms of punishment in this situation that could or could not take place. If the NCAA links Auburn or a booster associated with Auburn, to directly forcing the falsified transcript, then we can be hit with sanctions. According to the same sources, the Auburn staff nor the administration feels we have anything to fear here. Secondly, if the NCAA has to find out and PROVE whether Jovon knew his transcript was in fact falsified. If he knew then he will not be allowed to play for Auburn and will be forced to transfer, however if he did not he will be red shirted and sit this season out in order to get his grades up to date with the NCAA. Robinson is believe to be on the road to being red shirted despite any of these troubles, the reason being we are fine at the running back position.

According to sources a man named Roy Adams, a “rogue” University of Tennessee booster, is the source that led the NCAA to reevaluate the transcript of Robinson. If you remember, Adams had a hand in turning Alabama into the NCAA back in 2000. Adams went onto a message board Wednesday under the name “tennstud” and began bragging about an NCAA investigation of Auburn and the recruitment of Jovon. From what I understand, he knew of the transcript being falsified and felt bitter over Jovon committing and signing with Auburn since Jovon is from Tennessee. He then turned Jovon in to the NCAA and there were rumors of this throughout the summer which led the compliance office at Auburn to know something might be wrong. Keep in mind the NCAA Clearinghouse, the SEC, and Auburn University all reviewed the transcript as usual for any student athlete and they found no abnormalities to the transcript. Then again, why would they because false grades were recorded and these institutions had nothing to look at but the official transcript sent to them by Wooddale High School.

There will definitely be a lot of mudslinging and opinions thrown around as we know all too well from the past experiences. Do not believe every single thing you read and here, ESPECIALLY if it comes from “anti-Auburn” avenues such as The Paul Slimebaum Show, The New York Times, Thayer Evans, etc. The usual hack jobs that allow their titles to make them believe that their word is law and their opinion means more than fact. Just sit back and allow this situation to pan  out. KEEP IN MIND, why would the coaching staff or even a rogue booster risk all for a four star running back? It is not as though Robinson will change the entire culture of Auburn Football. Will he be a good RB for Auburn in the future, yes I believe so, but why would this be the one guy that Auburn used “illegal” means in order to get him to Auburn. That just does not add up. Add in the fact that Alabama is having their own issues with Ralph Cindrich as well as the transfer of DT Darius Paige from Pensacola to Foley, AL. Auburn is set to have a big year in recruiting for the 2013 year which has been Chizik’s plan since he arrived four years ago. Let this all play out and Auburn will come out on top. Until next time, I believe in Auburn and love it……
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Re: update On RB Jovon Robinson
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 11:43:49 PM »
Fuck you, that is all!

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 01:02:57 AM »
Jojobu is a fucking dumbass. 

Worst written piece of self-promoting shit I've seen or heard since Jake Davis tried to rap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 04:02:09 AM »
Yes, it is a poorly written article/blog/whatever...but atleast it's a positive write up and it should open people's eyes, let them know that yes the NCAA was looking into Jovon's eligibility, but they were also looking into other things not related to Jovon.

Like it's been stated before, if the NCAA EVER digs into the Memphis area for Violations, they'll need to bring two pens and an extra notebook. IMO, the corruption there is worse than Mobile and Gadsden combined, in regards to NCAA Violations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:39:08 AM »
Yacob?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 08:56:42 AM »
So, has this guy been here before?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:12:57 AM »
So, has this guy been here before?

Let's just say he's familiar with the point end of a sharpie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 09:13:50 AM »
Adams had a hand in turning Alabama into the NCAA back in 2000.

That was all Fulmer dumbass. Adams was just the booster and message board e penis for him. Fulmer hated Bama as much as anyone.

Fulmer piqued Kramer's interest enough to kick the SEC office into an investigative mode, and later lined up potential witnesses to chat up lead NCAA investigator Rich Johanningmeier. All of this is clear from an exhaustive paper trail of documents uncovered in a lawsuit that offers a rare glimpse into the underbelly of an NCAA probe.

In faxes (at least six, between April 13 and Sept. 16, 1998) to the SEC commissioner, Fulmer lays out how Alabama allegedly is busting the rulebook. The documents, typed on Tennessee football letterhead, are variously labeled "Confidential" and "For Your Eyes Only!!!" Each cover sheet is addressed to "Coach Kramer."

Kramer forwarded the information to ex-FBI agent Bill Sievers, then under contract to the conference, who in turn hired a private eye to work the case in Memphis. It is apparent Fulmer was frustrated and consumed by Young. In a memo to Kramer, Fulmer rehashed Young's ties to the late Bear Bryant, offering up phone numbers, addresses and points of contact in a who's who of players Young allegedly bought -- "usually defensive linemen that are black and poor."

Adams went onto a message board Wednesday under the name “tennstud” and began bragging about an NCAA investigation of Auburn and the recruitment of Jovon.

That's about all this guy has ever been, a message board booster. Not sure what his beef with us is other than Memphis is getting taken by outsiders and his program sucks donkey testes right now.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 09:14:38 AM »
if the NCAA EVER digs into the Memphis area for Violations, they'll need to bring two pens and an extra notebook. IMO, the corruption there is worse than Mobile and Gadsden combined, in regards to NCAA Violations.

THIS ^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 09:17:17 AM »
Let's just say he's familiar with the point end of a sharpie.

He has obviously forgotten the X format.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions