Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Will Josh Bynes please report to the locker room?!?!?

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Will Josh Bynes please report to the locker room?!?!?
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
Why do you think they got Cam?  Took chances on guys like Rollison and Pike and Wallace?  WTF makes you think they didn't see it coming?
While I agree that they would have been morons for not taking Cam, you should have a plan after that. Ask Urban Meyer. I'm not sure how Rollison was exactly a "risk" coming in. Personally, I thought he was promising. Pike definitely was a risk, though. I think everybody saw that coming from a mile away. I just don't see how you're doing yourself any favors by attempting to fix risky experiments with more risky experiments. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2012, 05:03:45 PM »
Cam came out early.  I think they paid...err, signed him thinking he would most likely be their QB for the next 2 years while they developed guys like Rollison, Trotter etc.

You can't develop something from nothing, and I'm speaking of Moseley. 

I do think Malzahn probably though Trotter could be as good as Todd.  He had the physical tools, but just didn't have the mental make up for the real game.  That's something that can be hard to spot in practice.  It's never completely full speed.  You made a good point earlier about the OL too...he might have been ok behind a line like 2010, but we'll never know.

Yeah they probably hoped Cam would be there 2 years.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2012, 05:09:18 PM »
I told everyone the day he was signed that if he ever took a meaningful snap at Auburn it mean a world of shit had gone wrong.  Was I wrong?

Stop stealing my pulpit.  I said that early and often even as he was getting chains and cups. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2012, 05:10:22 PM »
Of course, no one in their right mind thought Cam would do half of what he did.  My take on Cam was if he could be reasonably close to as accurate as Todd was, his running ability should make the offense even better than 2009.  And I was really pumped about what he could be in 2011.  I'll take being proven wrong like that 100 times out of a 100.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »
While I agree that they would have been morons for not taking Cam, you should have a plan after that. Ask Urban Meyer. I'm not sure how Rollison was exactly a "risk" coming in. Personally, I thought he was promising. Pike definitely was a risk, though. I think everybody saw that coming from a mile away. I just don't see how you're doing yourself any favors by attempting to fix risky experiments with more risky experiments.

It's called knowing you need a QB, and taking the best you can find at the time. 

Almost forgot about the flirtations with the kid that left NC State for Wisc.  They knew, and they had a plan...recruit a QB or 2. 

I assure you their "plan," if it went that way, would be to have a 5 star QB like Cam playing, have one just like him in the wings "developing," and one just like them in the upcoming signing class, with each getting a year or 2 to "develop" and 2 to 3 years to play. 

If IFs and Buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.  If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions