Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Will Josh Bynes please report to the locker room?!?!?

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Will Josh Bynes please report to the locker room?!?!?
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 10:05:31 AM »
I'm more confident in our current QBs in this offense than I would be in Coach Malzahn's, not knocking Malzahn.
Hold on.....Kiehl Frazier has played in Malzahn's offense since high school. His high school coach was also one of Malzahn's QBs at one time. But this new offense all of a sudden is going to give him a decided advantage over Malzahn's system?

Coach Leoffler's offense focuses on the Ground and Pound running game, with playaction off of that
I thought this was also the focus of Malzahn's offense? He even says it is a run-oriented offense. Or, was Mike Dyer recruited simply as a blocking back?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 10:09:22 AM »
Why did a change have to be made, when the only option sux'd worse?
I think most people start off with the reasonable assumption that their 1st string guy can't be THAT bad. But he was. When you have somebody that shitty, you can't help but to want to see the guy behind him. If nothing else, simply on a hope and a prayer that it lights a fire under his ass to not be as shitty as the guy ahead of him. Notice I didn't use the term "better". I think the best you guys could have hoped for was "less shitty" in that scenario. With a program like Auburn, you just don't expect to see QB play like either of those guys put out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 10:17:38 AM »
...and I still think he was better than CJ coming out of HS. I don't have a crystal ball that shows me how a certain player will be THREE YEARS, a few injuries (including an ankle sprained) and apparently a bad LBer Coach later.
Sprained ankle? Seriously? CJ Mosley had his hip dislocated in the NCG. I guess he better hang up his cleats this season. It's a miracle that he was able to play again after his elbow dislocation. How that sprained ankle hasn't ended Holland's career, we will never know. I sprained my ankle twice playing baseball in the 3rd grade. The doctors weren't sure that I was going to make it. It was touch and go for days. When I broke my wrist playing football in 4th grade? They almost pulled the plug.

After all the things you come on here and spout, you're going to throw out the ol' "I don't have a crystal ball" line? Not surprising, really.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:19:10 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 11:29:37 AM »
And then he was. 

So Chizik was stupid?  This is what you're saying?

Pfffft
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »
I will reserve judgment until the season starts and see what BVG/Thig have done to coach him up.  Going on past performances (and not just on gif of getting juked by a WAC TF QB), but I just don't see Holland as anywhere close to Josh Bynes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
You mean, other than not being named the starter?

One reason why people had confidence in Moseley was because Chizik and the coaches said he and Trotter were dead even in preseason practice and spring practice.  They gave the nod to Trotter because of experience. 

Trotter wasn't the suckage he was until halftime of the Clemson game.  Then he regressed.  So everyone naturally thought that if they were even preseason and Trotter was getting worse, why not try Moseley to see if we can pick up with the offense?

Then Moseley sucked.  Sucked hard.  Sucked harder than any SEC QB I can remember. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »
but I just don't see Holland as anywhere close to Josh Bynes.
Well for one thing Bynes is black, Holland is white. So those are definitely two different colors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2012, 11:44:36 AM »
Well for one thing Bynes is black, Holland is white. So those are definitely two different colors.

He's not the best color guy in the business for nothing, folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »
Sprained ankle? Seriously? CJ Mosley had his hip dislocated in the NCG. I guess he better hang up his cleats this season. It's a miracle that he was able to play again after his elbow dislocation. How that sprained ankle hasn't ended Holland's career, we will never know. I sprained my ankle twice playing baseball in the 3rd grade. The doctors weren't sure that I was going to make it. It was touch and go for days. When I broke my wrist playing football in 4th grade? They almost pulled the plug.

After all the things you come on here and spout, you're going to throw out the ol' "I don't have a crystal ball" line? Not surprising, really.
So, when he doesn't perform that good this year, we'll just say he sucks and he's a fuckin retard that should stay home and eat crayons all day. Also, CJ's injuries haven't limited his mobility until he dislocated his hip (his mobility will be affected with that injury).

Btw, no one cares what you did in parkball.

And yes, Jake Holland was better than CJ Moseley coming out of HS, which is what I base my rankings off of...what they do in HS, not like the other recruiting websites that try and predict how players will do in College when they rank them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »
So, when he doesn't perform that good this year, we'll just say he sucks and he's a fuckin retard that should stay home and eat crayons all day. Also, CJ's injuries haven't limited his mobility until he dislocated his hip (his mobility will be affected with that injury).

Jake like candy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 02:57:30 PM »

Jake like candy.

Jake just pawn in game of life.   :classic:

BTDub....Hey Jake, love ya' babe...but Josh Bynes could rock "The stare".  You?  Not so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 03:04:32 PM »
Jake just pawn in game of life.   :classic:

BTDub....Hey Jake, love ya' babe...but Josh Bynes could rock "The stare".  You?  Not so much.
Me Jake

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 03:13:12 PM »
Me Jake

hard to believe that was Webster's dad in the 80's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 03:35:42 PM »
Number one: This thread, despite being the mostly about the inept dry hump that is Jake Holland...manages to still be full of  #winning.

Number two: If Jake is already splitting time with Cassanova..... He's screwed. And I don't care. Bring on the young Lovahboy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2012, 04:32:33 PM »
One reason why people had confidence in Moseley was because Chizik and the coaches said he and Trotter were dead even in preseason practice and spring practice.  They gave the nod to Trotter because of experience. 

Trotter wasn't the suckage he was until halftime of the Clemson game.  Then he regressed.  So everyone naturally thought that if they were even preseason and Trotter was getting worse, why not try Moseley to see if we can pick up with the offense?

Then Moseley sucked.  Sucked hard.  Sucked harder than any SEC QB I can remember.

Uh, Trotter did suck from game 1.  It just didn't show up that badly until we faced a decent team.  He refused to pull the trigger on time in the Utah State game.  MSU sucked, and they also had no idea how badly we sucked offensively, and would have played us differently like other defenses did late in the season had they known. 

Did Chiz/Malzahn make the right decision to bench Trotter?  I think so, but it wasn't done because they thought Moseley was suddenly better, it was done in hopes the light might come on for him, because it hadn't for Trotter.  They still knew he sucked and basically just were saying "what the fuck, it can't get worse".  On that, they were wrong.  But, just like Trotter won the job and regressed, Moseley probably looked much better on the practice field when he KNEW he wasn't going to be hit, and that's not unusual.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »
Snaggle goes into the fetal position when he has the trots. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 07:03:49 PM »
Uh, Trotter did suck from game 1.  It just didn't show up that badly until we faced a decent team.  He refused to pull the trigger on time in the Utah State game.  MSU sucked, and they also had no idea how badly we sucked offensively, and would have played us differently like other defenses did late in the season had they known. 

Did Chiz/Malzahn make the right decision to bench Trotter?  I think so, but it wasn't done because they thought Moseley was suddenly better, it was done in hopes the light might come on for him, because it hadn't for Trotter.  They still knew he sucked and basically just were saying "what the fuck, it can't get worse".  On that, they were wrong.  But, just like Trotter won the job and regressed, Moseley probably looked much better on the practice field when he KNEW he wasn't going to be hit, and that's not unusual.

Game-winning drive(s) against USU.

Solid performance against MSU. (16-23 for 146 and 2 TDs)

Bad second half -- one bad play actually that screwed his head up -- against Clemson.

Acceptable effort against Fla. Atlantic (178 yards and 2TDs)

Game-winning drive against So. Carolina.

Complete fucktard against Arkansas

Sucked against Florida for a half and disappeared until the bowl.

Won the bowl by himself. 

Total 1184 yards and 11 TDs.

And then Moseley:

Florida 4-7 for 90 yards

Complete fucktard against LSU

Good game vs. Ole Miss

Complete fucktard vs. Georgia

Complete fucktard vs. Samford

Complete fucktard vs. Alabama

Complete fucktard for one quarter in Bowl.

Finished with 800 yards and 5 TD passes.  FOUR of those TDs came against Ole Miss.  Only had one the entire year otherwise. 

Moseley = Complete fucktard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »
Game-winning drive(s) against USU.

Solid performance against MSU. (16-23 for 146 and 2 TDs)

Bad second half -- one bad play actually that screwed his head up -- against Clemson.

Acceptable effort against Fla. Atlantic (178 yards and 2TDs)

Game-winning drive against So. Carolina.

Complete fucktard against Arkansas

Sucked against Florida for a half and disappeared until the bowl.

Won the bowl by himself. 

Total 1184 yards and 11 TDs.

And then Moseley:

Florida 4-7 for 90 yards

Complete fucktard against LSU

Good game vs. Ole Miss

Complete fucktard vs. Georgia

Complete fucktard vs. Samford

Complete fucktard vs. Alabama

Complete fucktard for one quarter in Bowl.

Finished with 800 yards and 5 TD passes.  FOUR of those TDs came against Ole Miss.  Only had one the entire year otherwise. 

Moseley = Complete fucktard.
[/quote]Yet the coaches elected to alternate Moseley with Frazier, who wasn't allowed to pass. Moseley has been ailing since the Spring and still there is a QB competition. This doesn't give me comfort in the coaches confidence in Frazier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2012, 08:33:11 PM »
Yet the coaches elected to alternate Moseley with Frazier, who wasn't allowed to pass. Moseley has been ailing since the Spring and still there is a QB competition. This doesn't give me comfort in the coaches confidence in Frazier.

Speaking specifically from a management standpoint this doesn't really concern me.  When I am trying people in a new position, it is a competition.  Even if I already think I know which way it will go in the end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."