Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Damn we sucked....

Yoda

Damn we sucked....
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:09:18 PM »
Last year.  Watching the Utah State game on the U.  They are doing the top 25 games of 2011, of course the only game of ours good enough to make it is the one where we score 2td's in the last 2 minutes to win.

Great reminder of how shitty our defense and offensive line were.

Man I hope a lot changed in a year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Damn we sucked....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:05 PM »
Last year.  Watching the Utah State game on the U.  They are doing the top 25 games of 2011, of course the only game of ours good enough to make it is the one where we score 2td's in the last 2 minutes to win.

Incorrect.

The MSU Game was on the list too. 

Watching that game terrified me.  Trotter was sporadic (way the fuck better than anything we saw from Moseley subsequently) but sporadic.  Still we scored 41 points but had to hold them off at the end. 

We've gotten used to scoring points in bundles.  Even with Chris Todd, even with B Trotter. 

When we DON'T score points in bundles?  We get our ass handed to us on a shiny silver platter. 

Since the Chiz/Malz train arrived, our point totals in losses are as follows:

2009: 23, 14, 10, 24, 21 (five lowest totals of the year).  In those games we got out hammered by a total of 61 points.  Even so, most of those games were competitive.  The only rapings were at LSU and Arkansas.

2010:  Blessed perfection.

2011: 24, 14, 10, 7, 14 (again the five lowest totals of the year).  Point difference? 139.  Raped by LSU, Bama, Georgia, Arkansas. 

We only gave up 216 TOTAL points in 2008 and still went 5-7.  Gave up 376 last year. 

New OC isn't going to put 450-500 points on the board.  Be lucky to rack up 350. 

Going to need the defense to limit the opposition to 300 or less to be anywhere close to where we hope we can be.  That's a big burden.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Yoda

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 10:35:09 PM »
When was the miss st game on, I wouldn't have minded watching that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Aubie16

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:36:55 PM »
When was the miss st game on, I wouldn't have minded watching that one.

Sunday afternoon/evening I think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 04:51:55 AM »
Incorrect.

The MSU Game was on the list too. 

Watching that game terrified me.  Trotter was sporadic (way the fuck better than anything we saw from Moseley subsequently) but sporadic.  Still we scored 41 points but had to hold them off at the end. 

We've gotten used to scoring points in bundles.  Even with Chris Todd, even with B Trotter. 

When we DON'T score points in bundles?  We get our ass handed to us on a shiny silver platter. 

Since the Chiz/Malz train arrived, our point totals in losses are as follows:

2009: 23, 14, 10, 24, 21 (five lowest totals of the year).  In those games we got out hammered by a total of 61 points.  Even so, most of those games were competitive.  The only rapings were at LSU and Arkansas.

2010:  Blessed perfection.

2011: 24, 14, 10, 7, 14 (again the five lowest totals of the year).  Point difference? 139.  Raped by LSU, Bama, Georgia, Arkansas. 

We only gave up 216 TOTAL points in 2008 and still went 5-7 The Offense Sucked.  Gave up 376 last year and still went 8-5 with a Horrible Defense, a Bad OL and Bad QB play

New OC isn't going to put 450-500 points on the board.  Be lucky to rack up 350. 

Going to need the defense to limit the opposition to 300 or less to be anywhere close to where we hope we can be.  That's a big burden.
I can feel the positive outlook oozing out of your post and we still have almost 2 months until the season starts for Auburn...and you're already writing off the season with your ”That's a big burden” statement. Maybe you should have a little faith in Coach Chizik, Coach Leoffler and Coach Van Gorder for a change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 08:51:37 AM »
I can feel the positive outlook oozing out of your post and we still have almost 2 months until the season starts for Auburn...and you're already writing off the season with your ”That's a big burden” statement. Maybe you should have a little faith in Coach Chizik, Coach Leoffler and Coach Van Gorder for a change.

And I can see the blind militant optimism oozing from your pores.

That said, I think there's upside to this year's Auburn team if two things improve drastically: defensive front 7 play and offensive line play. 8 maybe even 9 wins (not counting bowl game) is not out of the question but this team needs some breaks for sure. If those elements don't improve and/or the breaks don't come, this could be a 5 win team just as easy. September is going to be a gauntlet for sure.

I'm sure you'll disagree though as you are a War Damner through and through.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:54:41 AM by J. Newcastle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 08:58:05 AM »
We have lost nothing this year as of yet so I concede nothing!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02:23 AM »
We have lost nothing this year as of yet so I concede nothing!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 09:21:57 AM »

I caught this last night too.

Correct. Our front 7 were getting their shit pushed in almost the entire second half. Normally isn't an issue as long as Malzahn's O was humming - except it didn't decide to do anything until the last 5 mins. Utah State was a decent team though, but they should not have made it that close especially with a Freshmen wildcat QB on the road in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 09:27:58 AM »
We only gave up 216 TOTAL points in 2008 and still went 5-7.  Gave up 376 last year. 

I would rather have one side of the ball blow donkey testes during a rebuilding year and go 8-5 than the same situation and go 5-7. Just saying.....you've already proven you are going to crunch numbers anyway you can to paint this staff in a bad light and use rainbow rhetoric to spin in a good light what the last staff did.

i.e. Tubs may have went 5-7 but at least his D was stout!
      Chiz may have went 8-5 last year but our D sucked and we gave up so many points.   

Hate to say this but, the SEC West of today is not the SEC West of Tubs' Auburn teams. Every team aside from Ole Miss is a challenge now. 8 wins in the SEC West after losing 17 of 22 starters?? I'll take it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 09:54:45 AM »
At least both of the games we made the list for are W's.

Also, I understand K's need for "cautious negativity", but I don't really understand the point you're trying to make. You do realize we have a new defensive coordinator too, right? One that, from all accounts so far, is an improvement over Roof by leaps and bounds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »
Roof was the problem, plain and simple.  Yes, they were incredibly young on D last year....well, everywhere....but we weren't young in 2010 and MNC or not, that D sucked for much of the year.  No excuse for it because that was a senior dominated defense with a lot of talent...except for Neiko.  I don't know enough about defensive schemes and philosophies to be able to explain why, but since Ted Roof got there, it all changed drastically for the worse.  Every year, points given up in bunches and getting pushed around the field. 

Now, fast forward to the Virginia game with Chizik at the helm and that D looked like a totally different unit.  Eltoro Freeman said everything was different during practice and it showed big time in the Bowl game.  I took one thing away from the Spring game.  This defense tackles. It was apparent all through the game that guys were trying to break down and wrap up and do whatever it takes to get ball carriers to the ground.  No leaving their feet to try and shoulder block tackle the runner, as was the case for 3 years under Roof.  I have no idea how much better we'll be and we may not win more games than last year.  But, there will be no more 42-14 bitch slappings and I really think we're going to see this D play with some serious swaggah, like the AU defenses we're used to seeing.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »

That's how many we are winning this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 10:23:05 AM »

That's how many we are winning this year.

This is the football forum and basketball doesn't start for months.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
History question - Has there ever been a defensive coordinator worse than Ted Roof?

Think about it.  Even in 2008, our worst year since the 98 season, our defense was stout.  Auburn has had a tough, shut down defense since Tuberville arrived.  The moment Ted Roof walks on campus, we start giving up huge chunks of yards and points. 

Can you think of a defensive coordinator that has done that?  That has walked into a well-established, consistent defensive machine and immediately sent it into the shitter?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 10:33:40 AM »

My $100 at 50-1 says so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »
History question - Has there ever been a defensive coordinator worse than Ted Roof?

Think about it.  Even in 2008, our worst year since the 98 season, our defense was stout.  Auburn has had a tough, shut down defense since Tuberville arrived.  The moment Ted Roof walks on campus, we start giving up huge chunks of yards and points. 

Can you think of a defensive coordinator that has done that?  That has walked into a well-established, consistent defensive machine and immediately sent it into the shitter?

The closest thing I have seen was the John Lovett defenses.  Even they weren't nearly as bad as the Roof D's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 10:47:40 AM »
The closest thing I have seen was the John Lovett defenses.  Even they weren't nearly as bad as the Roof D's.
Yeah, that's the ticket!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 10:49:56 AM »

Neither does baseball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE