Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Arguments Against the Weird?

Arguments Against the Weird?
« on: July 04, 2012, 05:10:55 PM »
I know most of you are out enjoying a nap right now after consuming copious amounts of slow cooked meats doused with vinegary red sauces, washed down with smooth flowing beverages of amber color. 

However, I've had a thought plaguing me for a few days now, and I wanted to get this out. 

Why am I not allowed to see a lifestyle as weird and unwanted? 

The other day, I was having a conversation with a friend who is a staunch, open, bleeding heart liberal from New York.  We were having a normal talk about this and that, shooting the bull and enjoying the free time that we had.  But the conversation took a serious tone when the word "transgender" came up. 

It really was in passing.  I don't even remember the context, but when my friend said the word, he made sure to clarify that he "fully supports the transgender lifestyle." 

I stopped him there.  I'm all for tolerance and even acceptance in some cases, but I had to question why and how he supports such an unconventional lifestyle.  He responded by explaining how our country is still inflicted with bigots and racists that want to oppress people because they are different; he further explained how he does anything he can - arguing, donating, befriending, etc - to help people who are "different" so that they can enjoy the life they want to live. 

After all, he explained, they aren't harming anyone with their lifestyle choice. 

And this is where I have a problem, but I couldn't really argue it because as I started to do so, he took the same ole tired "you must be inflicted with a bit of bigotry" route that no one can intelligently argue against. 

But I'm not a bigot.  I just don't think the transgender lifestyle is something I want to support.  Nor, in all honesty, is it something I want to accept.  And ultimately, I don't even think I want to tolerate it. 

I'll admit that it's purely because it gives me the creeps and makes me queasy to see people attempt to go through such changes.  Perhaps in that realm, I am a bit prejudiced against those people. 

However, at what point do I get to pursue a culture that I identify with?  One that consists of people who are similar to me in lifestyle choices? 

It seems that the more tolerant and acceptive and supportive I am, the more I allow the possibility of my own lifestyle being compromised. 

I feel the need to stop and warn against myopia.  Obviously if a transgendered person moved next door and kept to themselves, it wouldn't bother me one bit.  That I can tolerate. 

But I do ask, "What if 1 million transgendered people moved to the Birmingham area ?" 

Would Birmingham be a place I would want to live?  Would I want to be associated with the transgendered community?  Would they just keep to themselves, or would I begin to say changes in the way things are done around town?  Would commercials change?  Would TV shows change?  Would the news coverage change?  How much different could life get because I nor anyone else spoke out against a lifestyle choice they didn't agree with? 

And why can't I have that discussion when someone is pledging full support of such a lifestyle? 

Perhaps I do have some bigotry in me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Arguments Against the Weird?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 05:45:47 PM »
I'm a bigot. I hate fags. So sue me. I thought there was an island for all of those weird people... I think we named it Australia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »
I'm a bigot. I hate fags. So sue me. I thought there was an island for all of those weird people... I think we named it Australia.

:facepalm:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 11:14:44 AM »
Similar to what I was saying in another thread, if that's what someone wants to do, (transgenderization - inator) ....whatever.  It's your life.  But as you said, as long as you don't push it on me or try and force me to recognize or support it.  I think your friend's position of actively supporting those who live that lifestyle because they're somehow outcasts, is a over the top.  "Arguing, donating, befriending"?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 11:24:59 AM »
I could give two fucks about what other people want to do with their lives and how they want to live them. When you start pushing your agenda on me and how I want to live because I don’t want to support (insert whatever) then I have a problem.  And too many folks want you to support them instead of just leaving me the fuck alone. If this makes me a (Bigot-Racist or whatever) then so be it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »
I'm a bigist
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 11:52:20 AM »
Similar to what I was saying in another thread, if that's what someone wants to do, (transgenderization - inator) ....whatever.  It's your life.  But as you said, as long as you don't push it on me or try and force me to recognize or support it.  I think your friend's position of actively supporting those who live that lifestyle because they're somehow outcasts, is a over the top.  "Arguing, donating, befriending"?

Should we not research the psychological implications of having a sex change because we should allow people to live their lives however they feel? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »
Should we not research the psychological implications of having a sex change because we should allow people to live their lives however they feel?

And what would that research show?  That some people are fucked up. Some boys want to be girls and some girls want to be boys.  I remember reading about some chick who married the Eiffel Tower. Did she marry it as a gay person? Did she think it was a guy tower?

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST FUCKED UP.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »
There are plenty of people in this country who are fucking crazy who aren't transgender. I don't necessarily support or agree with the lifestyle, but really, it isn't my business. I don't think that somebody who doesn't support it is a bigot; that should refer to those who use physical violence, etc. It just means you have the opposite opinion.

My wife has a friend who is openly gay and cross dresses. He lives in Washington, DC so I suppose it is more accepted there. When I first met him it was a little weird, to say the least. He doesn't cross dress on a daily basis or anything, though. You can look at him and tell that he is gay, but he isn't overly flamboyant and is really good about not pushing the fact that he is gay on people. I can deal with that. But like others have said, don't push your agenda on me. I don't agree with it, but then again, I have no right to tell him he can't like teh cocks anymore than he has a right to tell me I can't like a woman with red hair.

The same logic holds true for somebody that is transgender, I suppose. If somebody wants to have their dick chopped off, well, that's their deal. I wouldn't ever harm my own love weasel, but to each his own. If I can have a small cyst removed from my neck because I didn't like the way it looked, I suppose somebody should be able to remove their dick and replace it with a vagina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 12:40:51 PM »
There are plenty of people in this country who are fucking crazy who aren't transgender. I don't necessarily support or agree with the lifestyle, but really, it isn't my business. I don't think that somebody who doesn't support it is a bigot; that should refer to those who use physical violence, etc. It just means you have the opposite opinion.

My wife has a friend who is openly gay and cross dresses. He lives in Washington, DC so I suppose it is more accepted there. When I first met him it was a little weird, to say the least. He doesn't cross dress on a daily basis or anything, though. You can look at him and tell that he is gay, but he isn't overly flamboyant and is really good about not pushing the fact that he is gay on people. I can deal with that. But like others have said, don't push your agenda on me. I don't agree with it, but then again, I have no right to tell him he can't like teh cocks anymore than he has a right to tell me I can't like a woman with red hair.

The same logic holds true for somebody that is transgender, I suppose. If somebody wants to have their dick chopped off, well, that's their deal. I wouldn't ever harm my own love weasel, but to each his own. If I can have a small cyst removed from my neck because I didn't like the way it looked, I suppose somebody should be able to remove their dick and replace it with a vagina.

Liking a red headed woman and genital mutilation are completely different and have no business being compared. 

Would you say that someone who wants to mutilate their own genitals suffers from a psychological issue?  Is it possible that men who dress as women have a psychological problem?  Do you think that psychological problems should be fixed?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 01:47:15 PM »
Liking a red headed woman and genital mutilation are completely different and have no business being compared. 

Would you say that someone who wants to mutilate their own genitals suffers from a psychological issue?  Is it possible that men who dress as women have a psychological problem?  Do you think that psychological problems should be fixed?
Maybe to me, sure, I think there is a screw loose. But to them, it may be completely normal and logical. To them, maybe having the procedure IS fixing the "problem". I sure as fuck wouldn't do it, but I don't see where I have any business telling somebody else that they can't. We let people put those weird disc things in their ears. We allow tongue piercings. We allow weird piercings in noses, ears, etc. People have those weird piercings in their backs and tie ribbons between them. Should we force them to be evaluated? Is it possible that people that are obese have a psychological problem? Is it possible that people that like rough sex have a psychological problem? Is it possible that people with alot of tattoos have a psychological problem? What should we do with them? Where does it end?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 01:50:16 PM »
I tat'd my pecker
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »
I tat'd my pecker

I served with a marine there in the Philippines that had his cock candy stripe tattooed.
True story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 02:00:41 PM »

I served with a marine there in the Philippines that had his cock candy stripe tattooed.
True story.

I'm not gay most of the time, but I'd have to see that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 02:07:28 PM »

True story.

Oh dear God, please for all that's holy, let that guy be a PI Marine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 02:13:45 PM »
I tat'd my pecker

Welcome to Jamaica, have a nice day
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 02:22:07 PM »
Speaking of colored dicks, this is one of the funniest scenes I have ever watched on teh tubes.  I highly recommend taking a few minutes.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »
Maybe to me, sure, I think there is a screw loose. But to them, it may be completely normal and logical. To them, maybe having the procedure IS fixing the "problem". I sure as fuck wouldn't do it, but I don't see where I have any business telling somebody else that they can't. We let people put those weird disc things in their ears. We allow tongue piercings. We allow weird piercings in noses, ears, etc. People have those weird piercings in their backs and tie ribbons between them. Should we force them to be evaluated? Is it possible that people that are obese have a psychological problem? Is it possible that people that like rough sex have a psychological problem? Is it possible that people with alot of tattoos have a psychological problem? What should we do with them? Where does it end?

No idea.  Maybe they do?  I don't really know.

But my original point isn't so much about allowing them to be that way.  I think I'm more concerned about my community and culture.  My own cultural identity.  Am I allowed to say that I want my community to be free of a certain type of lifestyle? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 02:34:01 PM »
I tat'd my pecker

I tat'd my rank on my dick while I was in the Army-So I can pull rank. :rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 02:43:07 PM »
So what you're saying is that it's actually grossly intolerant to try to force you to tolerate (accept, endorse, embrace) something you're not tolerant of for your own religious, ethical or moral reasons? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.