Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Arguments Against the Weird?

Re: Arguments Against the Weird?
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
So what you're saying is that it's actually grossly intolerant to try to force you to tolerate (accept, endorse, embrace) something you're not tolerant of for your own religious, ethical or moral reasons?

Pretty much. 

I think it's easy to be "tolerant" (in the left's definition of the word) when it's on a small scale.  "People like chopping off their dicks to become women?  Well, they aren't bothering anybody, right?  There's only 500 of them?  Who cares what they do?"

But doesn't the conversation change if the number was higher?  What if the majority of Americans acted that way?  Are you still "tolerant" as the minority?  Wouldn't you rather live some place that featured more people like you? 

If so, why is it wrong to speak out against it or simply just not for it when it is still a minuscule number of people?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »
Pretty much. 

I think it's easy to be "tolerant" (in the left's definition of the word) when it's on a small scale.  "People like chopping off their dicks to become women?  Well, they aren't bothering anybody, right?  There's only 500 of them?  Who cares what they do?"

But doesn't the conversation change if the number was higher?  What if the majority of Americans acted that way?  Are you still "tolerant" as the minority?  Wouldn't you rather live some place that featured more people like you?  If so, why is it wrong to speak out against it or simply just not for it when it is still a minuscule number of people?

This ain't the 50's anymore-And what are you going to speak out about? Someone living a life that you disagree with?

How has his decision affected you?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »
Pretty much. 

But doesn't the conversation change if the number was higher?  What if the majority of Americans acted that way?  Are you still "tolerant" as the minority?  Wouldn't you rather live some place that featured more people like you? 

If so, why is it wrong to speak out against it or simply just not for it when it is still a minuscule number of people?

The conversation changes for me when my views aren't given representation. 

If my daughter's teacher used to be a man and is now "Betty" and I don't object I've given defacto acceptance to something I disagree with.  It's an aberrant lifestyle and it not one I want represented to my children as "just another choice." 

Same with gays, goat fuckers, bigamists, Muslims or whatever. 

If you want to lay the pipe to an orangutan in your home and you aren't violating any laws, I don't care. 

If you want to stand up and demand that all orangutan fuckers should be given special treatment (often defined as "equal") then you've stepped into my space and I should have the right to tell you to keep it down home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 03:10:37 PM »
Oh dear God, please for all that's holy, let that guy be a PI Marine.

Can't help you there he was a Hollywood Jarhead but if it helps any he was originally from Texas so that speaks to a lot of the crazy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 03:14:16 PM »
This ain't the 50's anymore-And what are you going to speak out about? Someone living a life that you disagree with?

How has his decision affected you?

I wasn't alive during the 1950s.  I wouldn't know. 

Yes.  "I don't want to live this lifestyle or be friends with people like that because of ______." 

You cannot say anything remotely close to that as evidenced by responses like yours. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 03:36:06 PM »
I wasn't alive during the 1950s.  I wouldn't know. 

Yes.  "I don't want to live this lifestyle or be friends with people like that because of ______." 

You cannot say anything remotely close to that as evidenced by responses like yours.

Neither was I- I just think you’re letting what someone else wants to do affect you, when it doesn’t. Now I agree that if their lifestyle is infringing on your rights (or if there forcing it) then you have every right to do whatever is needed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 08:00:09 PM »
... I wouldn't ever harm my own love weasel ...
:bs:
When whoolio signed with the turds, you beat that little shit like it owed you money

I tat'd my pecker with a "lost" sign for my missing balls
fixt

I served with a marine there in the Philippines that had his cock candy stripe tattooed.
True story.
AWK works with a lawyer who wanted to have his ass rifle-bored, but it ended up more like a snub-nose, because he's dwarfish

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 08:32:59 PM »
AWK works with a lawyer who wanted to have his ass rifle-bored, but it ended up more like a snub-nose, because he's dwarfish

Either way, my turds shoot out at a high velocity now.  It helps to keep the sex chute clean.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
Either way, my turds shoot out at a high velocity now.  It helps to keep the sex chute clean.
VV with his butt plug in position....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
The conversation changes for me when my views aren't given representation. 

If my daughter's teacher used to be a man and is now "Betty" and I don't object I've given defacto acceptance to something I disagree with.  It's an aberrant lifestyle and it not one I want represented to my children as "just another choice." 

Same with gays, goat fuckers, bigamists, Muslims or whatever. 

If you want to lay the pipe to an orangutan in your home and you aren't violating any laws, I don't care. 

If you want to stand up and demand that all orangutan fuckers should be given special treatment (often defined as "equal") then you've stepped into my space and I should have the right to tell you to keep it down home.

Perfectly put.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE