Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hatfields & McCoys

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Hatfields & McCoys
« on: May 28, 2012, 11:35:24 AM »
The three part mini-series will be on History channel starting tonight. Wondering if any of you will be checking it out? Its sparked my interest just a bit and since its only three nights I figured what the hell.

http://www.history.com/shows/hatfields-and-mccoys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Hatfields & McCoys
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 10:03:56 AM »
I watched the first part last night. Pretty decent IMHO. I will be watching the next two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 10:09:29 AM »
I have it on DVR, I didn't have time to watch it last night.  I will start it tonight and then catch up.  Looking forward to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »
I liked it. Didn't love it, just liked it. It did get my interest enough to watch the other two episodes. I'll tell you what though, these two families did.not.like.each.other. Too bad that lots of folks had to die over a fued that started from some bullshit butt hurt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 10:29:32 AM »
I liked it. Didn't love it, just liked it. It did get my interest enough to watch the other two episodes. I'll tell you what though, these two families did.not.like.each.other. Too bad that lots of folks had to die over a fued that started from some bullshit butt hurt.

Well an old drunk killing someone didn't help. And dont you darrr take no other man's SWINE!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »
Well an old drunk killing someone didn't help. And dont you darrr take no other man's SWINE!!!

That pig started a lot of shit. Oh, and lets not forget, you never call a man out for fucking his own dog.
Reading some into the future of the show, the shit is about to get real. Lots of blood is about to flow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 10:44:11 AM »
Me:  "I think I want to watch that... looks interesting."

Him:  Kevin Costner is in it..."

Me:  "Oh look, there's a Cake Boss marathon on..."

Cannot stand Costner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 10:58:03 AM »

Cannot stand Costner.
Whatever, Water World was the bomb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »

Cannot stand Costner.

Of all the bad actors and cliche performances out there today, and you hate Costner? Dude's a decent actor, but has picked some questionable roles over the years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 11:11:43 AM »
I agree somewhat on Costner. He is by no means my favorite actor, nor is he on the hate list. I just think that this particular type role fits him the best. So far he has done a pretty good job I think. The head of the McCoy family is one that I'm not really fond of though. Every time I see Bill Paxton in a movie, I think of Twister and "We're goin innnn". So far in the Hatfields & McCoys series he has done pretty well imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 11:18:03 AM »
I agree somewhat on Costner. He is by no means my favorite actor, nor is he on the hate list. I just think that this particular type role fits him the best. So far he has done a pretty good job I think. The head of the McCoy family is one that I'm not really fond of though. Every time I see Bill Paxton in a movie, I think of Twister and "We're goin innnn". So far in the Hatfields & McCoys series he has done pretty well imo.
Agree on both of them. Neither are my fav actors.

Ive been kind of surprised by the performances so far. Give it a try TW. It has to be better than a bunch of Yankee Italians making cakes and screaming at each other.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 11:21:57 AM »
Costner + Bull Durham + Open Range + Waytt Earp + JFK + Thirteen Days = decent

Costner + Water World + Bodyguard + Postman +  Tin Cup + 3000 Miles to Graceland = shitty
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 11:29:38 AM »

Costner + Water World + Bodyguard + Postman +  Tin Cup + 3000 Miles to Graceland = shitty

Thats pretty much spot on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »

I thought he was awesome in The Big Chill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 11:50:27 AM »
It took a while for me to get into it, but by the end of the first episode I was hooked.  Will definitely be watching the next two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 12:59:38 PM »
Costner uses the same tone of voice, the same inflection in his words, the same vapid stare, in every role.  He was the only one in Robin Hood who was not in English character - probably because he could never have pulled it off.  That indicates a lack of range.  He is just like Tom Cruise - he bought the rights to these good movies and then fucked them up by casting himself.

I like Paxton.  But when I see him I think of him as Hudson in Alien:  "That's it man, game over man, game over!"  Trivia fact:  Bill Paxton is the only actor to have been killed by Alien, Predator and Terminator.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »
I like Paxton.  But when I see him I think of him as Hudson in Alien:  "That's it man, game over man, game over!"  Trivia fact:  Bill Paxton is the only actor to have been killed by Alien, Predator and Terminator.

Best part of that whole movie is when the Marines are coming in and everyone is all stressed out except for the character played by Michael Biehn.  In true grunt fashion he is sleeping and someone says "Somebody wake Hick's up."

You ought to check out Bill Paxton in this movie.  Funny shit!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113613/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:32 PM »
Costner uses the same tone of voice, the same inflection in his words, the same vapid stare, in every role.  He was the only one in Robin Hood who was not in English character - probably because he could never have pulled it off.  That indicates a lack of range.  He is just like Tom Cruise - he bought the rights to these good movies and then fucked them up by casting himself.

He's awful. Just plain out awful. The only thing I thought he wasn't completely shitty in was 3000 Miles to Graceland...where he had a supporting character role.

Other than that he sucks the root.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 02:01:22 PM »
He's awful. Just plain out awful. The only thing I thought he wasn't completely shitty in was 3000 Miles to Graceland...where he had a supporting character role.

Other than that he sucks the root.

hey hey....

He successfully prevented any bad people from getting to Whitney Houston. No one else can claim to have done that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 02:15:24 PM »
Costner is okay in a lot of stuff but like TW said, he sounds the same no matter what role he's playing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."