Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Token

Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1640 on: July 17, 2016, 09:26:21 AM »
Stuck at 195. Fighting with tennis elbow right now, it sucks.  Hopefully another week of rest will cure it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1641 on: July 17, 2016, 09:37:44 AM »
Stop looking at that pern on the Googled Chromes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1642 on: August 10, 2016, 02:00:36 PM »
How did I celebrate turning 46?  A mile treadmill run followed by pushing my bench max up to 315! :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1643 on: August 10, 2016, 02:25:24 PM »
How did I celebrate turning 46?  A mile treadmill run followed by pushing my bench max up to 315! :gig:

Styroids will make your penis go into hiding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #1644 on: August 10, 2016, 04:32:15 PM »

Yep....I mean, that's what I've heard too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1645 on: August 10, 2016, 04:42:57 PM »
Mine won't have to go too far to hide at least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1646 on: October 01, 2016, 02:07:39 PM »
Ran my first 15k today. All of my running has been on hilly trail terrain so I wasn't sure how I'd do on pavement.  My goal was 1:30:00. Basically a 10:00 mile for 9.4 miles. I felt like that was attainable.  I finished race at 1:18:14 which I was very pleased with. Held an 8:20 mile pace and never walked. For the most part it was level terrain but there were a few challenging hills. Placed 3rd in my age and this is first real step to the Mercedes half marathon in February.

I'm feeling accomplished today. Still can't get below 195 pounds, but I'll worry about that next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1647 on: October 01, 2016, 02:20:02 PM »
Ran my first 15k today. All of my running has been on hilly trail terrain so I wasn't sure how I'd do on pavement.  My goal was 1:30:00. Basically a 10:00 mile for 9.4 miles. I felt like that was attainable.  I finished race at 1:18:14 which I was very pleased with. Held an 8:20 mile pace and never walked. For the most part it was level terrain but there were a few challenging hills. Placed 3rd in my age and this is first real step to the Mercedes half marathon in February.

I'm feeling accomplished today. Still can't get below 195 pounds, but I'll worry about that next week.

Congrats, man.  Great accomplishment.

I ran to the store a bit ago to get more sausage and beer.  Made it there and back in 27:35
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #1648 on: October 01, 2016, 02:25:39 PM »
I love you guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1649 on: October 03, 2016, 11:18:06 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1650 on: October 03, 2016, 02:45:08 PM »

Your race director needs to work on their measuring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #1651 on: October 03, 2016, 03:42:34 PM »
Your race director needs to work on their measuring.

Yeah it was a .10 longer than it should have been. They actually said it was 9.3 but everyone I talked to had 9.4 on their watch, so it could have just been GPS issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1652 on: October 03, 2016, 04:03:59 PM »
Yeah it was a .10 longer than it should have been. They actually said it was 9.3 but everyone I talked to had 9.4 on their watch, so it could have just been GPS issue.

So it was all bammers in the race?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #1653 on: October 03, 2016, 04:33:25 PM »
So it was all bammers in the race?

No, they would have all been at home watching on TV.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1654 on: October 03, 2016, 04:53:19 PM »
No, they would have all been at home watching on TV.

At least we know RWS was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #1655 on: October 03, 2016, 06:10:57 PM »

i've found that to be the case.  usually, i trust the race milage more than my watch especially in the woods.  i definelty use it for refrencece but not spelling.   

the half trail marathon i did in September, my watch was .10 of a mile less than advertised.  side note: funny as you are running especially early on...and often as a single file group everyone's watches going off at the mile marks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1656 on: October 03, 2016, 09:48:49 PM »

Very nice! You are really improving the pace.

I understand Mercedes is as hilly as you'd expect, so go heavy on hill training.

I lost about 25 pounds in 20 days. I don't recommend the method but it works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #1657 on: October 04, 2016, 09:39:31 AM »
i've found that to be the case.  usually, i trust the race milage more than my watch especially in the woods.  i definelty use it for refrencece but not spelling.   

the half trail marathon i did in September, my watch was .10 of a mile less than advertised.  side note: funny as you are running especially early on...and often as a single file group everyone's watches going off at the mile marks.

True.

I always hear them go off behind me in the distant.

Btdubs- race directors usually use a wheel to measure and they do it at the tightest possible tangent which are sometimes unrealistic to run in the actual race for various reasons. But it's usually required to get the course USATF certified. Sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #1658 on: October 04, 2016, 09:42:14 AM »
Very nice! You are really improving the pace.

I understand Mercedes is as hilly as you'd expect, so go heavy on hill training.

I lost about 25 pounds in 20 days. I don't recommend the method but it works.

Yes. Mercedes is a notorious choppy course. Not all equal either. Some take you up gradual ascents. And level out. And some go right back down where you naturally apply the breaks some using energy. Those are harder. Add in a lot of 90 degree turns and it can be a real blasty blast. I did the rock n roll marathon in DC in March. Around mile 6 a big hill came. It was rough. Got up it caught break and right back down another. Then up another. They just kept coming over and over. By far the roughest half or full course I've ever seen. And yes. If you don't train on them you will be in for a rough day. They are hard even when you do. Key is getting heart rate back down. And take in calories.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #1659 on: October 04, 2016, 10:17:45 AM »
Yes. Mercedes is a notorious choppy course. Not all equal either. Some take you up gradual ascents. And level out. And some go right back down where you naturally apply the breaks some using energy. Those are harder. Add in a lot of 90 degree turns and it can be a real blasty blast. I did the rock n roll marathon in DC in March. Around mile 6 a big hill came. It was rough. Got up it caught break and right back down another. Then up another. They just kept coming over and over. By far the roughest half or full course I've ever seen. And yes. If you don't train on them you will be in for a rough day. They are hard even when you do. Key is getting heart rate back down. And take in calories.

On the heart rate, explain how to get it back down and what a dangerous level is if that's possible. My heart rate gradually climbed the entire race peaking at 186 as I was attempting to sprint the finish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions