Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1600 on: April 26, 2016, 12:08:59 PM »
Don't know if I said this earlier, but I found the diet/nutrition plan to be downright confusing.  I was told there would be no math.  I didn't even try and tackle it.  I've got tried and true diet plans written down from past adventures so I'm sticking with that.  I was far more interested in getting into an innovative weight lifting plan.  Real pleased with that and I've got all the workouts written down so I don't ever have to listen to Meathead Sagi again.  The alkeyhawl is definitely my one vice that's holding me back.

Yeah, I took the worksheets with me to the gym so I could remember all the exercises. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1601 on: April 26, 2016, 12:14:16 PM »
Must say that all of this fitness talk is lighting a fire and I'm stoked!

I'm doing extra jumping jacks. Starting tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1602 on: April 26, 2016, 12:27:56 PM »
I wanted to get in shape so I tried lifting weights.  But, they were so heavy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #1603 on: April 26, 2016, 01:02:40 PM »
Did the first 9 weeks of the "Lean Beast" plan and it whipped the hell out of me.  I started it struggling to bench 225 and curl 95.  By the time I stopped, I was pushing 275 for 10 reps and curling 135.  The problem I had was that I did the fork and 12oz curls waaaay to much as well.
I've added 16oz curls to my routine and the results have been remarkable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1604 on: April 26, 2016, 01:23:35 PM »

16oz?  ppppppppppppfffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Step up with the Pros. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1605 on: April 26, 2016, 01:47:49 PM »
I wanted to get in shape so I tried lifting weights.  But, they were so heavy.

This guy gets it!^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1606 on: April 26, 2016, 01:48:35 PM »

Brotator cuff knows
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1607 on: April 26, 2016, 02:48:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1608 on: April 26, 2016, 03:50:17 PM »
Did the first 9 weeks of the "Lean Beast" plan and it whipped the hell out of me.  I started it struggling to bench 225 and curl 95.  By the time I stopped, I was pushing 275 for 10 reps and curling 135.  The problem I had was that I did the fork and 12oz curls waaaay to much as well.
The last thing I want to do is talk down to another man but, srsly, this borders on pussy territory. Dude, I would've surpassed 275 without even working out.

But fortunately , my scales only go to 250.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1609 on: May 08, 2016, 10:15:10 PM »
Have lost 2 inches around waist since middle of February.  Have only lost 11 total pounds though. Have also been able to sustain 5 mile run without needing to walk. Not a super fast pace (9:15) but I could barely do 1.5 without having to walk 3 months ago.  3 months into it, this is normally where I start getting comfortable with weight and slow the workouts.  I'm feeling much more motivated than I ever have before, so hopefully I can keep it going.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1610 on: May 08, 2016, 11:08:25 PM »
Have lost 2 inches around waist since middle of February.  Have only lost 11 total pounds though. Have also been able to sustain 5 mile run without needing to walk. Not a super fast pace (9:15) but I could barely do 1.5 without having to walk 3 months ago.  3 months into it, this is normally where I start getting comfortable with weight and slow the workouts.  I'm feeling much more motivated than I ever have before, so hopefully I can keep it going.

Kudos.  Anytime you can do 5 miles without stopping, no matter what the pace, you're in pretty damn good shape.  Congrats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #1611 on: May 08, 2016, 11:09:44 PM »
Kudos.  Anytime you can do 5 miles without stopping, no matter what the pace, you're in pretty damn good shape.  Congrats.

Here here... :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #1612 on: May 21, 2016, 10:44:57 PM »
Did Panther Run in Springville today. A lot of mud, hills, rocks and ropes over 3.5 miles.  Overall had a great time. Finished 3rd in my wave (non competition) at 1:09:32.  There were 32 obstacles to complete or do push-ups, I couldn't get 3 of them.  I apparently need to either drop another 15 pounds or work on muddy/wet grip. The three I couldn't complete were 90% finished grip failures. 

I would recommend to anyone considering 3-5 mile trail runs with obstacles.  It's a great beginner course. I would recommend an earlier start time though. Less than a mile in I was held up for 15 minutes on a group from the previous wave who was only there to walk and be in everyone's way.

Next up, barbarian challenge in 4 weeks. More hills, ropes and less mud.  Fortunately, I'm in the competitive heat so I won't have to do a lot of standing around and waiting at obstacles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1613 on: May 22, 2016, 12:44:18 AM »
Did Panther Run in Springville today. A lot of mud, hills, rocks and ropes over 3.5 miles.  Overall had a great time. Finished 3rd in my wave (non competition) at 1:09:32.  There were 32 obstacles to complete or do push-ups, I couldn't get 3 of them.  I apparently need to either drop another 15 pounds or work on muddy/wet grip. The three I couldn't complete were 90% finished grip failures. 

I would recommend to anyone considering 3-5 mile trail runs with obstacles.  It's a great beginner course. I would recommend an earlier start time though. Less than a mile in I was held up for 15 minutes on a group from the previous wave who was only there to walk and be in everyone's way.

Next up, barbarian challenge in 4 weeks. More hills, ropes and less mud.  Fortunately, I'm in the competitive heat so I won't have to do a lot of standing around and waiting at obstacles.

Envy...thy name is Snags.  Was supposed to do a Warrior Run a month ago with 15 other peeps.  5K with 12 "obstacles".  Climbing over shit and crawling through stuff.  No real obstacles, just fun.  Numerous personal and injury problems among the folks cancelled it out.  Soooo...want to do something like that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1614 on: June 04, 2016, 08:51:11 PM »
Drove to Gardendale and hit up the Mud Duck Run today. Wow. Those people believe in mud. Not a lot of running. Basically, it was about 3.5 miles of climbing down mountains, slopping through swamp mud and climbing back up the damn mountain.  It was brutal. The mud was knee deep in most places and suctioned hard enough to nearly take my shoes off a few different times. And when you weren't knee deep in swamp mud, they were kind enough to bring 20-30 yard stretches of mud where you were having to go under ribbon cord.  Hands and knees. Nastiest, stinkingist mud I've ever been around. A lot of times I felt like I was entering an abandoned water treatment pond. I just can't describe how tough it was on legs.

I admittedly wasn't prepared for the asskicking I took from that 5k, but I managed to finish 5th overall in 5k. I spent 40 minutes during and 2 hours afterward thanking God that I didn't sign up for the 10k event.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:53:45 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1615 on: June 04, 2016, 09:50:34 PM »
Saturday is Shabbos and I don't even ride in a car, much less run in mud.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1616 on: June 17, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »
It's taken me to the day before, but when I started running earlier in the year my goal by the barbarian challenge was 195.  That was exactly 20 pounds since first of February. I woke up this morning and weighed 195.7.  Barbarian challenge is tomorrow. So I'm satisfied with my accomplishment, but new goal is 175. I imagine it will get a lot harder from here. I plan to keep strength training 3 days a week and distance running 3 days a week with rest being on Saturdays.  I'd like to do half marathon in the next 6 months and full marathon sometime next year.

For now, I'll simply be satisfied with completing race tomorrow without injury.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1617 on: June 17, 2016, 02:52:10 PM »
It's taken me to the day before, but when I started running earlier in the year my goal by the barbarian challenge was 195.  That was exactly 20 pounds since first of February. I woke up this morning and weighed 195.7.  Barbarian challenge is tomorrow. So I'm satisfied with my accomplishment, but new goal is 175. I imagine it will get a lot harder from here. I plan to keep strength training 3 days a week and distance running 3 days a week with rest being on Saturdays.  I'd like to do half marathon in the next 6 months and full marathon sometime next year.

For now, I'll simply be satisfied with completing race tomorrow without injury.

Congrats man.  But don't get too small.  If you do, those Gadsden gangstas will punk a bitch.

Sounds like you're doing well on your own, but if you need any pointers on prepping for a half or full marathon, get with GH2001. Dude is a distance beast.  He's working towards another Iron Man in September. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1618 on: June 17, 2016, 03:14:21 PM »
Congrats man.  But don't get too small.  If you do, those Gadsden gangstas will punk a bitch.

Sounds like you're doing well on your own, but if you need any pointers on prepping for a half or full marathon, get with GH2001. Dude is a distance beast.  He's working towards another Iron Man in September.

I'm admin now, I don't even know how to arrest anyone anymore. So I'll just run away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #1619 on: June 17, 2016, 03:31:12 PM »

Crunched for time at the moment but yeah I'll post some good tidbits for him first chance I get. There is a lot to consider as opposed to a local 5k
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE