Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Token

Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1580 on: April 15, 2016, 08:35:17 PM »
So I've been fighting through plantar fasciitis since middle of January. First time I've ever had it, WORST pain ever. I've done everything, frozen water bottles, frozen golf balls, stretches before getting out of bed and stretching before bed.  I haven't let it stop my running too much, but it has caused me to run a slower pace and shorter distances than I'd like.

Bought some super feet green soles last week for $54 and bought some brooks ghost 8 shoes this week.  Just ran an elevated 4 mile trail run in just under 40 minutes, feel great.  Finally after 3 months of ice, rest and stretches, I've found something to make it go away. If any of you have ever had, or are suffering through it now, I'd suggest checking into super feet inserts. They are the real deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1581 on: April 15, 2016, 10:02:40 PM »
So I've been fighting through plantar fasciitis since middle of January. First time I've ever had it, WORST pain ever. I've done everything, frozen water bottles, frozen golf balls, stretches before getting out of bed and stretching before bed.  I haven't let it stop my running too much, but it has caused me to run a slower pace and shorter distances than I'd like.

Bought some super feet green soles last week for $54 and bought some brooks ghost 8 shoes this week.  Just ran an elevated 4 mile trail run in just under 40 minutes, feel great.  Finally after 3 months of ice, rest and stretches, I've found something to make it go away. If any of you have ever had, or are suffering through it now, I'd suggest checking into super feet inserts. They are the real deal.
Had it several times. And you have already done what I would recommend. Especially the Brooks. I know there are several other lines that are great but I've prob been through 10-15 pair. I use to run a lot more. Not GH type. I am not that gay. But I logged 30-50 every week for a few years.

Then I got a heel spur. Not quite as painful as plantar but close when it's sticking into my Achilles. So, I'm plump now. But still really sexy.

The spur was prob due to my experiment with those gay looking shoes that cover your toes like a glove and have no cushion. That was one of the dumbest ass things I've ever done.  Bought them after reading that book about that runner. Can't recall the name but I recommend the book. He ran with a Central American tribe and moved there.

Anywho, keep it up.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:11:52 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #1582 on: April 15, 2016, 10:13:25 PM »
Bought them after reading that book about that runner. Can't recall the name but I recommend the book.
Be thankful that it wasn't Jim Fix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1583 on: April 15, 2016, 10:28:20 PM »
This dude ran himself to death too.

Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. Or, some variation of that name. A great read, even if one only runs from the law.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:31:29 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1584 on: April 17, 2016, 03:56:43 PM »
Distance runners....compression socks or no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1585 on: April 17, 2016, 08:30:31 PM »
Distance runners....compression socks or no?
For me, could tell no positive effect 10k to 13.1 with compression socks. In longer than 13 to 26.2, definitely helped me. Much faster recovery. Would wear them the day after too after an ice bath post run.

Interested to hear what GH does since he's a Tri man, which means he's more than bi.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1586 on: April 17, 2016, 10:36:01 PM »
For me, could tell no positive effect 10k to 13.1 with compression socks. In longer than 13 to 26.2, definitely helped me. Much faster recovery. Would wear them the day after too after an ice bath post run.

Interested to hear what GH does since he's a Tri man, which means he's more than bi.

Tri = 3 way. I do what I can.

Plantar fasciitis happens. I get it some. It's a royal pain. I've seen beginners get it all the way up to pros. It's a universal non discriminating pain in the ass.

Best thing honestly is ice and rest. Maybe an orthopedic insert. They make special ones just for pf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1587 on: April 17, 2016, 10:37:48 PM »

Jimmie fix had awful genetics and couldn't quit eating bacon cheese burgers every meal.

When every male in your lineage had died of a heart attack between the ages of 35-44, you might wanna eat better than he did. He also smoked for many years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #1588 on: April 23, 2016, 09:40:35 AM »
Been a while since I've posted in this thread.

I've been trying to beast it in the weight room. My numbers are pretty good for my size:

Bench - 265
Squat - 275 (weak sauce)
Deadlift - 375

I decided to go for a run the other day because the weather was nice. I was surprised to see that I could run two miles without having run for at least 6 months. I think weightlifting has helped with that.

I'd still like to drop some weight. I'm 164 now but would like to get down to 155, maybe even 150.

In two weeks I'll finish my P/P/L cycle and I might start running again. I've come to realize that I will never cut out desserts, so I have to increase my cardio to get the body I want.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

« Reply #1589 on: April 23, 2016, 01:22:59 PM »
I've come to realize that I will never cut out desserts, so I have to increase my cardio to get the body I want.

This is how my cardio is adjusted every day.  "How much you running this afternoon?"  Depends on how lunch goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #1590 on: April 25, 2016, 11:27:46 AM »
Do any of you older fellows use a test booster?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1591 on: April 25, 2016, 11:51:53 AM »

Just started one last week for the first time.  Nugenix.  Can't say I can tell the difference as of yet because I've only been on em' a few days. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1592 on: April 25, 2016, 11:58:01 AM »
Not an older fellow but I use a penis vacuum. Not sure if it is similar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1593 on: April 25, 2016, 01:38:08 PM »

Define "older fellow"

I had been taking a Yohimbe 451 tab every day for the last 5-6 years.  It is more of an energy boost for me, but it is supposed to boost test levels as well.  Started talking with one of the trainers at the gym a few weeks back and he swore by just doing squats every day and supplementing with BCAA and Beta-Alinine only.  Started a fully new plan today as a matter of fact based on his advice. 
Whatever the workout for the day is, I am going to finish it with a few sets of squats...except on leg day. 
Going to track the results closely for the next few weeks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #1594 on: April 25, 2016, 01:44:48 PM »
Define "older fellow"

I had been taking a Yohimbe 451 tab every day for the last 5-6 years.  It is more of an energy boost for me, but it is supposed to boost test levels as well.  Started talking with one of the trainers at the gym a few weeks back and he swore by just doing squats every day and supplementing with BCAA and Beta-Alinine only.  Started a fully new plan today as a matter of fact based on his advice. 
Whatever the workout for the day is, I am going to finish it with a few sets of squats...except on leg day. 
Going to track the results closely for the next few weeks.

Older, as in I'm pushing 40.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1595 on: April 25, 2016, 02:00:14 PM »

Good lord, I have been pulling 40 for sometime now.    :facepalm: :getoff:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1596 on: April 25, 2016, 02:23:22 PM »

Damn kid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1597 on: April 26, 2016, 11:06:43 AM »
Buzzer

How did you do on the BB workout.  I'm early into it, just in my 3rd week.  I have to admit, these workouts are naturally whippin' my ass.  When you leave the gym shaking after just an arm workout, you know it's the shizznit.  I don't know if I can make any real gains at my age but I'm going to find out.  I'm just finding it to be a nice change to get back to the basics in weight lifting after years and years.  It's always been a part of my routine, whatever I'm doing.  But focusing 90% or 548/615ths of your efforts on lifting is keen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1598 on: April 26, 2016, 11:50:59 AM »
Did the first 9 weeks of the "Lean Beast" plan and it whipped the hell out of me.  I started it struggling to bench 225 and curl 95.  By the time I stopped, I was pushing 275 for 10 reps and curling 135.  The problem I had was that I did the fork and 12oz curls waaaay to much as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1599 on: April 26, 2016, 12:07:05 PM »
Did the first 9 weeks of the "Lean Beast" plan and it whipped the hell out of me.  I started it struggling to bench 225 and curl 95.  By the time I stopped, I was pushing 275 for 10 reps and curling 135.  The problem I had was that I did the fork and 12oz curls waaaay to much as well.

Don't know if I said this earlier, but I found the diet/nutrition plan to be downright confusing.  I was told there would be no math.  I didn't even try and tackle it.  I've got tried and true diet plans written down from past adventures so I'm sticking with that.  I was far more interested in getting into an innovative weight lifting plan.  Real pleased with that and I've got all the workouts written down so I don't ever have to listen to Meathead Sagi again.  The alkeyhawl is definitely my one vice that's holding me back. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions