Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Token

Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1560 on: April 13, 2016, 10:55:41 PM »
Just wasn't sure if you were substituting the almond as an alternative to dairy. Because whey is pretty much based in dairy product. Didn't know if you knew. Or what the goal was there.

I really only take the whey as a breakfast substitute.  I try to stay under 1500 calories a day, so that is a quick easy breakfast that is loaded with protein. As soon as I finish it, I'm probably not buying anymore.  I really like the pre workout and post workout, which is probably close to what you take.  I don't want to bulk, I just want to cut. I have a goal of 190, but it's a hell of a lot harder to get there lifting. At least it is for me. Body has changed considerably, but losing is much slower than it has been in the past.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1561 on: April 13, 2016, 11:06:03 PM »
I really only take the whey as a breakfast substitute.  I try to stay under 1500 calories a day, so that is a quick easy breakfast that is loaded with protein. As soon as I finish it, I'm probably not buying anymore.  I really like the pre workout and post workout, which is probably close to what you take.  I don't want to bulk, I just want to cut. I have a goal of 190, but it's a hell of a lot harder to get there lifting. At least it is for me. Body has changed considerably, but losing is much slower than it has been in the past.

I've heard of the pre workouts from some of the cross fit guys. Never bought one thought. Mine is "some form of caffiene" + banana or similar form of carbs (powerbar, bonk breaker).

I actually did some rock wall climbing tonight which anyone that half knows me knows that is a bit out of my realm. Let's just say I could tell I haven't worked those muscles in ages. Buzz probably would have been Tarzan on that bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #1562 on: April 13, 2016, 11:13:17 PM »
I've heard of the pre workouts from some of the cross fit guys. Never bought one thought. Mine is "some form of caffiene" + banana or similar form of carbs (powerbar, bonk breaker).

I actually did some rock wall climbing tonight which anyone that half knows me knows that is a bit out of my realm. Let's just say I could tell I haven't worked those muscles in ages. Buzz probably would have been Tarzan on that bitch.

I've never been into crossfit style workouts, but there are two giant hills (power line cuts) that's I've been running for last month. I've never felt a fullbody workout like I do when I run those trails. It's very satisfying when finished barely being able to move when I get home.  I'm considering trying a crossfit, I just worry about injuries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1563 on: April 13, 2016, 11:18:01 PM »
I've never been into crossfit style workouts, but there are two giant hills (power line cuts) that's I've been running for last month. I've never felt a fullbody workout like I do when I run those trails. It's very satisfying when finished barely being able to move when I get home.  I'm considering trying a crossfit, I just worry about injuries.
I would just do what you're doing. Mostly lifting with some cross training/running mixed in. Crossfit is dangerous and has some very unsound and unnatural movements in it that don't exactly align with our natural physiology. And their form? Hurts to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1564 on: April 13, 2016, 11:20:53 PM »
Finished up my first full round of Body Beast workouts, at least as far as covering all the body parts.  Has forced me to train about 20-30 minutes longer than normal each workout with strict focus on weights.  I'm 50+.  I'm sore and tired as hell. 

I know now that I'll need to get on a supplement program far more in-depth than just a Brotein shake after my workout.  So, I'm paying attention to what you guys are saying.  Need something geared towards recovery. Suggestions?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1565 on: April 13, 2016, 11:31:00 PM »
Sagi is a damn beast, isn't he?
I have tried several different pre/post workout mixes and none of them seem to work as well as just whey protein and 1000mg of L-Glutamine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1566 on: April 13, 2016, 11:33:59 PM »
Sagi is a damn beast, isn't he?
I have tried several different pre/post workout mixes and none of them seem to work as well as just whey protein and 1000mg of L-Glutamine.

Good to know.  Sagi is probably the worst trainer anyone could have picked for a video series.  I've never seen a more meat-headed, pea-brain than this guy.  He's embarrassing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1567 on: April 13, 2016, 11:36:50 PM »
Good to know.  Sagi is probably the worst trainer anyone could have picked for a video series.  I've never seen a more meat-headed, pea-brain than this guy.  He's embarrassing.
He's a poor man's Ahnold.  I ran through his program last summer and loved the workouts, just hated having to listen to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1568 on: April 14, 2016, 09:42:49 AM »
He's a poor man's Ahnold.  I ran through his program last summer and loved the workouts, just hated having to listen to him.

Exactly.  That's why I watch the video once, write down the routine and take it to the gym.  Obviously more options in the gym to substitute for some of the "home" exercises.  The program is damn good, though. 

I was going through the back/bi's video the other day and one of the guys takes his shirt off.  Sagi says, (Best Ahnold impression) "Oh, he thinks he's buff, but I got the stuff". 

Damn, you freakin' MEATHEAD!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1569 on: April 14, 2016, 10:00:10 AM »
All this whey protein and video workout talk makes me believe that there is likely some oiling up with the baby oil and sliding the salami going on between a few of you. I mean, more than has typically gone on in the past. I just hope it doesn't break up any marriages.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1570 on: April 14, 2016, 10:17:18 AM »
All this whey protein and video workout talk makes me believe that there is likely some oiling up with the baby oil and sliding the salami going on between a few of you. I mean, more than has typically gone on in the past. I just hope it doesn't break up any marriages.

Mmmmm....salami.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1571 on: April 14, 2016, 11:22:02 AM »

Jealousy is a stinky cologne.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1572 on: April 14, 2016, 11:32:48 AM »

I don't know why the rest of these guys are doing it, but I'm not trying to work a 25 year high stress job and die 1 year after retirement with heart problems.  I mean, it could happen anyway, but IF I die that soon, it will not be because I was a fat lazy piece of shit.  So, you're welcome to join the bratwurst party!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1573 on: April 14, 2016, 01:41:31 PM »
I don't know why the rest of these guys are doing it, but I'm not trying to work a 25 year high stress job and die 1 year after retirement with heart problems.  I mean, it could happen anyway, but IF I die that soon, it will not be because I was a fat lazy piece of shoot.  So, you're welcome to join the bratwurst party!

My whole plan was to workout for years and get yuge so that I could beat his ass at an X-Gate one day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1574 on: April 14, 2016, 02:15:11 PM »
I don't know why the rest of these guys are doing it, but I'm not trying to work a 25 year high stress job and die 1 year after retirement with heart problems.  I mean, it could happen anyway, but IF I die that soon, it will not be because I was a fat lazy piece of shit.  So, you're welcome to join the bratwurst party!
Dude, srsly? Here you are worrying about having a heart attack one year after retirement. Why all the negativity regarding your health and weight all of the time.

You need to just quit interacting with these gays and come have one of my milkshakes, at Baskin Robbins. Relax.

I suspect that you will be shot long before retirement. Cheer up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1575 on: April 15, 2016, 10:01:39 AM »
I was very happy to see that Meat Head Sagi is allowing me a day of rest today.  I think the lower 1/3rd of my left ass cheek is the only part of my body that doesn't hurt like hell right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1576 on: April 15, 2016, 12:06:21 PM »
Metashred, bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1577 on: April 15, 2016, 02:18:08 PM »
Metashred, bitches.

I'm doing Meathead Shred, bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1578 on: April 15, 2016, 02:40:10 PM »
I'm doing Meathead Shred, bitches.

BJ Gadour could beat Sagi in a spelling bee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1579 on: April 15, 2016, 02:42:38 PM »
BJ Gadour could beat Sagi in a spelling bee.

Apparently, you couldn't. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions