Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1540 on: April 13, 2016, 11:43:13 AM »
I really don't need to work out. I can whip any man's ass that I've ever met and I carry a knife, just in case.

And, I look spectacular naked.

I don't even think about it like that. I just know my rather large frame would be a handle to dispose of unless you have Dr. Manhattan powers. So that's probably kept me from being a target for evildoers. I ran a 5K last weekend. Had an EKG recently and all looks good. I take pride in keeping myself healthy but still big enough to ward off vultures.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:46:54 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1541 on: April 13, 2016, 11:59:00 AM »
Started back in January. 2 scoops of wheybolic extreme 60 for breakfast with 1 cup of almond milk.  Normal healthier lunch and light dinner.  3 workouts per week with C4 preworkout and amino acid post workout.  Also focusing on at least 14 miles of cardio per week with a 3 mile trail run.  I've only lost from 217 down to 208, but I'm wearing clothes I could barely wear when I was 195.

Ran a 5k in February in 28:48 on a relatively flat surface, and ran a trail run 5k at Noccalula Falls last Saturday in 29:40.  Registered for panther run 5k in Springville next month and the Barbarian challenge at Noccalula Falls in June. Both are trail runs with obstacles, but the barbarian is supposed to be a about 5 miles and difficult.

Look at the Warrior Dash.  It's a 5K with 12 "obstacles".  The obstacles are in name only because they're just things like climbing up and over a cargo rope wall, crawling through a tunnel, jumping over a fire and slogging through a mud pit.  You get beer and a fuzzy hat with horns at the end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1542 on: April 13, 2016, 12:52:47 PM »
Started back in January. 2 scoops of wheybolic extreme 60 for breakfast with 1 cup of almond milk.  Normal healthier lunch and light dinner.  3 workouts per week with C4 preworkout and amino acid post workout.  Also focusing on at least 14 miles of cardio per week with a 3 mile trail run.  I've only lost from 217 down to 208, but I'm wearing clothes I could barely wear when I was 195.

Ran a 5k in February in 28:48 on a relatively flat surface, and ran a trail run 5k at Noccalula Falls last Saturday in 29:40.  Registered for panther run 5k in Springville next month and the Barbarian challenge at Noccalula Falls in June. Both are trail runs with obstacles, but the barbarian is supposed to be a about 5 miles and difficult.

Curious here man. And not in a ghey way. Why the mixing of almond milk but also whey ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1543 on: April 13, 2016, 01:15:26 PM »
Stepped on my scale at the beginning of last week and it said "one at a time please" which prompted me to start back on a diet.  I have been working out pretty hard now for 5 years and never stopped that...just started eating hamburgers, pizza, lasagna and fried foods a lot more over the last year or so.  Started drinking a Casein shake for breakfast, a 2 scoop Syntha-6 Whey Isolate shake for lunch after my workout, salads and lots of green vegetables with grilled chicken and the like for dinner and another Casein shake before going to bed.  As of this morning, I am down 7 pounds and feeling much better.  Just 110 more to go now!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #1544 on: April 13, 2016, 01:28:33 PM »
Stepped on my scale at the beginning of last week and it said "one at a time please" which prompted me to start back on a diet.  I have been working out pretty hard now for 5 years and never stopped that...just started eating hamburgers, pizza, lasagna and fried foods a lot more over the last year or so.  Started drinking a Casein shake for breakfast, a 2 scoop Syntha-6 Whey Isolate shake for lunch after my workout, salads and lots of green vegetables with grilled chicken and the like for dinner and another Casein shake before going to bed.  As of this morning, I am down 7 pounds and feeling much better.  Just 110 more to go now!

Your muscles are so big bro.

Mine are not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1545 on: April 13, 2016, 02:48:25 PM »
You need to throw in some dandelion leaves with that smoothie. You can thank me later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #1546 on: April 13, 2016, 02:51:04 PM »
I started going back to the gym three weeks ago.  Now that the initial soreness is out of the way, I feel pretty good. 

What's the difference between whey and casein protein?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1547 on: April 13, 2016, 03:46:27 PM »
I started going back to the gym three weeks ago.  Now that the initial soreness is out of the way, I feel pretty good. 

What's the difference between whey and casein protein?

Whey is a rapid digest and casein is much slower. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1548 on: April 13, 2016, 03:47:48 PM »
Curious here man. And not in a ghey way. Why the mixing of almond milk but also whey ?

Because it's easier for me to drink first thing in the morning. I'm not a breakfast person, never have been. I can get chocolate milk down, I don't care much for a Yoo-hoo. And it's still under 300 calories
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:49:53 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1549 on: April 13, 2016, 04:08:09 PM »
I'm all about more, Brotein Shake.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1550 on: April 13, 2016, 04:10:30 PM »
^^What he said^^

I do the Casein at bedtime just so it works while I sleep.  It also mixes much thicker, so a morning shake keeps me feeling full for a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #1551 on: April 13, 2016, 04:10:38 PM »
Look at the Warrior Dash.  It's a 5K with 12 "obstacles".  The obstacles are in name only because they're just things like climbing up and over a cargo rope wall, crawling through a tunnel, jumping over a fire and slogging through a mud pit.  You get beer and a fuzzy hat with horns at the end.

Bring your ass on up here. I have a 20 pound sand bag to drag around through a 6 mile course up and down a mountain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1552 on: April 13, 2016, 04:13:50 PM »
Bring your ass on up here. I have a 20 pound sand bag to drag around through a 6 mile course up and down a mountain.

I'm not looking for an actual workout.  I just want free beer and a funny hat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1553 on: April 13, 2016, 04:16:25 PM »

Touché.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1554 on: April 13, 2016, 04:18:13 PM »

Or as they call it at Planet Fitness, Thursday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1555 on: April 13, 2016, 09:56:43 PM »
Or as they call it at Planet Fitness, Thursday.

HEY!  Planet can get the job done. And I don't have to hear a bunch of jackasses dropping weight that they had no business trying to work out with in the first place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #1556 on: April 13, 2016, 10:09:37 PM »
Because it's easier for me to drink first thing in the morning.
Same here, but I'm struggling to find a medical research study that supports a whiskey diet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1557 on: April 13, 2016, 10:33:04 PM »
HEY!  Planet can get the job done. And I don't have to hear a bunch of jackasses dropping weight that they had no business trying to work out with in the first place.

Still my favorite PF commercial...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #1558 on: April 13, 2016, 10:40:45 PM »
Because it's easier for me to drink first thing in the morning. I'm not a breakfast person, never have been. I can get chocolate milk down, I don't care much for a Yoo-hoo. And it's still under 300 calories

Just wasn't sure if you were substituting the almond as an alternative to dairy. Because whey is pretty much based in dairy product. Didn't know if you knew. Or what the goal was there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #1559 on: April 13, 2016, 10:50:03 PM »

In addition: Whey also is mostly from cheese curd and lesser from straight milk. Whereas casein is pretty much concentrated powdered milk more or less.

Coming from a different angle than you guys with endurance sports, I have a special blend of aminos that are in a transport formula that hit the blood really quick for immediate repair. I don't get as much benefit as you guys do from whey or casein. As long as I take that amino mix and chase it with any kind of lean protein (pea protein, nuts, salmon, eggs) I'm good to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE