Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1420 on: March 19, 2015, 04:05:42 PM »
I'd join you, but I ain't gots no passport.

If you get one let me know, I'll loan you Mrs. Dallas, she can talk that shit they talk down there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1421 on: March 24, 2015, 10:07:58 AM »

I toldja', bettah slow yo roll.

Go fast or go home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1422 on: March 24, 2015, 01:47:55 PM »
Go fast or go home.
^^what I always say. And when it's time for sexy time, I challenge the ladies to cowgirl up and ride me for 8 seconds. I can't be ridden. My buzzer goes off quick. Pisses them off every time. But I'm still the champ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1423 on: April 08, 2015, 12:23:37 PM »
Just throwing some numbers out here from December 30th and today.....

December:
Weight- 224
A1c- 9.9
LDL- 164
HDL- 40
Triglycerides - 2400
Total Cholesterol- 435

Today:
Weight- 195
A1c- 6.3
LDL- 103
HDL- 77
Triglycerides- 100
Total Cholesterol- 115

When I say minimal exercise, I mean running after the kids and playing fetch with the dog.  Mostly nothing.  All I have done is tweaked the diet.  When I was young I thought it was 80% exercise and 20% nutrition.  I could eat anything I wanted and it would help, or so I thought.  Then again I was running about 15 miles a week and getting at least an hour in the gym 5 days a week.  Now I am convinced it's 70% nutrition and 30% exercise. 

I went to a high fat, high protein and low carb diet.  I haven't had bread and potatoes in a long while now.  I was worried that my cholesterol would go through the roof, but I needed to do something to make my A1c's go down so I could have a better quality of life and not always feel fatigued and exhausted.  The opposite happened.  I also had a protein particle size profile done.  Apparently I have the fat, fluffy particles instead of the tiny grains of sand.   That is a good thing and what you actually want.  Now, if I can get this 30% exercise going I might surprise myself in 3 months.  Needless to say, I am pretty stoked today. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #1424 on: April 08, 2015, 12:29:41 PM »
I don't know what any of those fancy words and big numbers are but it sounds like you're doing yourself some good. Congrats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1425 on: April 08, 2015, 12:36:06 PM »
I don't know what any of those fancy words and big numbers are but it sounds like you're doing yourself some good. Congrats.

That would be correct.  Thanks.

I meant to say "I had a cholesterol particle size profile" done and not protein.  I wish I would have known more about nutrition and exercise when I was in my late teens and early twenties.  Back then it was "I'm hungry, let me eat 3 PB&J sandwiches and then I will go lift heavy stuff for an hour.  After that, I will go eat a medium pizza from Dominos, have a glass of milk and go to bed.  Tomorrow morning I will go run three miles.  Rinse and repeat with other ridiculous foods."  Why do boys/men go full retard from 15 until about 30?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1426 on: April 08, 2015, 12:43:45 PM »
That would be correct.  Thanks.

I meant to say "I had a cholesterol particle size profile" done and not protein.  I wish I would have known more about nutrition and exercise when I was in my late teens and early twenties.  Back then it was "I'm hungry, let me eat 3 PB&J sandwiches and then I will go lift heavy stuff for an hour.  After that, I will go eat a medium pizza from Dominos, have a glass of milk and go to bed.  Tomorrow morning I will go run three miles.  Rinse and repeat with other ridiculous foods."  Why do boys/men go full retard from 15 until about 30?

You stopped at 30?  Congrats.

Congrats on the numbers though!  I hope I can see 199 soon myself.  Still about 15 pounds to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1427 on: April 08, 2015, 12:53:05 PM »
You stopped at 30?  Congrats.

Congrats on the numbers though!  I hope I can see 199 soon myself.  Still about 15 pounds to go.

I stopped going full retard and went into Dustin Hoffman, Rain Man.  I didn't want to go home empty handed like Sean Penn.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #1428 on: April 08, 2015, 04:09:18 PM »
I stopped going full retard and went into Dustin Hoffman, Rain Man.  I didn't want to go home empty handed like Sean Penn.

You never go full retard
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

bgreene

« Reply #1429 on: June 05, 2015, 07:57:43 AM »
So I know everyone was on a kick the first of the year with their weight loss goals.  Since nobody has put anything on here in a while, I figure I would check in and see how everyone is doing.  I have dropped some weight and I fluctuate between 200-205.  The sad part is, I had a wellness screaning at work the other day, the nurse told me that at my height (6'2") I am considered obese, according to the chart set forth by our government.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:59:34 AM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1430 on: June 05, 2015, 09:07:06 AM »
So I know everyone was on a kick the first of the year with their weight loss goals.  Since nobody has put anything on here in a while, I figure I would check in and see how everyone is doing.  I have dropped some weight and I fluctuate between 200-205.  The sad part is, I had a wellness screaning at work the other day, the nurse told me that at my height (6'2") I am considered obese, according to the chart set forth by our government.

Those charts lie.

I am still bouncing between 215 and 220 myself.  I know I am gaining lean muscle and losing a little fat here and there, so its all good from my POV.  My plan was set back by a horribly bruised patella and a partially torn patellar tendon, so I have not been able to run since the end of April. 
I am trying to hit a quick fix diet this week and next in preparation for a beach trip.  I want to get below 215 so I can rock the dad bod in the sand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #1431 on: June 05, 2015, 09:42:59 AM »
Just throwing some numbers out here from December 30th and today.....

December:
Weight- 224
A1c- 9.9
LDL- 164
HDL- 40
Triglycerides - 2400
Total Cholesterol- 435

Today:
Weight- 195
A1c- 6.3
LDL- 103
HDL- 77
Triglycerides- 100
Total Cholesterol- 115

When I say minimal exercise, I mean running after the kids and playing fetch with the dog.  Mostly nothing.  All I have done is tweaked the diet.  When I was young I thought it was 80% exercise and 20% nutrition.  I could eat anything I wanted and it would help, or so I thought.  Then again I was running about 15 miles a week and getting at least an hour in the gym 5 days a week.  Now I am convinced it's 70% nutrition and 30% exercise. 

I went to a high fat, high protein and low carb diet.  I haven't had bread and potatoes in a long while now.  I was worried that my cholesterol would go through the roof, but I needed to do something to make my A1c's go down so I could have a better quality of life and not always feel fatigued and exhausted.  The opposite happened.  I also had a protein particle size profile done.  Apparently I have the fat, fluffy particles instead of the tiny grains of sand.   That is a good thing and what you actually want.  Now, if I can get this 30% exercise going I might surprise myself in 3 months.  Needless to say, I am pretty stoked today.

From the numbers you posted, your total cholesterol should be higher than 115. Its usually HDL + LDL + 10% of Triglycerides although some Drs don't use that last element. That puts you around 190-195 which is perfectly normal. Actually, 190 is better than 115....115 is freakishly low and would put you into hypo cholesterol levels - which isn't good since you need a minimum amount in your blood for vital cell functions. That said, GREAT JOB MAN! Proud of you holmes. I know youve been trying hard.  :bar:

And just from my own personal experience, for me its about 50/50. Really takes both.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:44:57 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1432 on: June 05, 2015, 09:51:48 AM »
As much as I've shit and vomicked the last two days with a stomach virus, I should be down to my playing weight. I had a physical and my heart doc visit Monday (HBP).  I'm 6'3" and was 237 that day.  Way down from that right now.  Sat down with the doc and went over my eating and exercise and the guy said don't change a thing.  Your weight is perfect with the way you diet and train.  First time I've ever been told I wasn't morbidly obese in a doctor's office.  Who the hell came up with those charts?  bgreene is 6'2" 205.  That's the same as MMA World Champion Johnny "Bones" Jones. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #1433 on: June 05, 2015, 10:03:20 AM »
As much as I've shit and vomicked the last two days with a stomach virus, I should be down to my playing weight. I had a physical and my heart doc visit Monday (HBP).  I'm 6'3" and was 237 that day.  Way down from that right now.  Sat down with the doc and went over my eating and exercise and the guy said don't change a thing.  Your weight is perfect with the way you diet and train.  First time I've ever been told I wasn't morbidly obese in a doctor's office.  Who the hell came up with those charts?  bgreene is 6'2" 205.  That's the same as MMA World Champion Johnny "Bones" Jones.

In other words, you are a very studly specimen. Women wanna lay with him, men wanna be him. He's....snags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1434 on: June 05, 2015, 10:12:59 AM »
In other words, you are a very studly specimen. Women wanna lay with him, men wanna be him. He's....snags.

He speaks for all of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1435 on: June 05, 2015, 10:42:06 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1436 on: June 05, 2015, 04:44:24 PM »
I'm still fluffy. But I still have the big johnson thing going for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1437 on: June 08, 2015, 11:49:21 AM »
Going to get back on the treadmill today for the first time in a month and a half.  I should be down 10-15 pounds by the afternoon, I suspect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #1438 on: June 08, 2015, 01:22:24 PM »
I'm still fluffy. But I still have the big johnson thing going for me.

Like, more than 150 hp? Johnson is decent but I always preferred Mercury or Evinrude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #1439 on: June 09, 2015, 08:54:39 AM »
I learned something about running, that is probably easy to know, and I probably should have already known.  If you want to increase your stamina for long distance running, always train by running hills. 

I've been running 2 miles on a steady incline for the last 2 weeks.  Yesterday, I ran my normal route with is basically flat, and smoked my run.  Never felt that good while running.  Never had breathing problems, didn't even break a sweat until the last leg.  Felt great.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions