Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

JR4AU

Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1360 on: February 11, 2015, 11:28:07 AM »
No offense, but you won't get much sympathy on here calling yourself fat at 170.  I would love to one day see 170...

What he said!  Fucker!   :fu:  I've not seen 170 since I left Army Basic and Infantry training in 1984.

My plateau has been at 220. I'm 5'8".  It takes considerable effort (and I mean dieting and exercising hard, and daily) to lose from that weight any lower, and it's the kind of effort I don't think I (or most people) could maintain as a daily way of life for any length of time, and I'm not sure I could do what it took to maintain a lower weight either, though I concede maintenance is far easier.   Every time I start trying to lose another 20...I'd like to hit "onederland"...I do well for 2 or 3 days, then bad for 2 or 3.   I can't simply "watch what I eat" and walk a little to get this weight off.  I have to keep calories under 1750 and do strenuous cardio work.  It ain't no damn fun!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1361 on: February 11, 2015, 01:22:08 PM »
What he said!  Fucker!   :fu:  I've not seen 170 since I left Army Basic and Infantry training in 1984.

My plateau has been at 220. I'm 5'8".  It takes considerable effort (and I mean dieting and exercising hard, and daily) to lose from that weight any lower, and it's the kind of effort I don't think I (or most people) could maintain as a daily way of life for any length of time, and I'm not sure I could do what it took to maintain a lower weight either, though I concede maintenance is far easier.   Every time I start trying to lose another 20...I'd like to hit "onederland"...I do well for 2 or 3 days, then bad for 2 or 3.   I can't simply "watch what I eat" and walk a little to get this weight off.  I have to keep calories under 1750 and do strenuous cardio work.  It ain't no damn fun!

Ft. Benning, ga.  I was cadre in one of the training units.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1362 on: February 11, 2015, 02:30:47 PM »
What he said!  fudgeer!   :fu:  I've not seen 170 since I left Army Basic and Infantry training in 1984.

This^^  Right up here^^  All of it
Especially the last line.

I am on the verge of breaking through the 220 barrier now though!  I made it as low as 208 previously, but plateaued around 212-215 and maintained that for quite a while.  Then tailgate season set in.  Then Thanksgiving showed up.  Then Christmas showed it's fat ugly head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1363 on: February 11, 2015, 03:09:09 PM »
Guys, I know that it gets frustrating sometimes. Especially if you take a gander at WT's muscle ripped physique and ask yourself, "how?". But let me tell you, it's not all without work for me and God-given. 99% of it is, yes. But I do occasionally have to hold back to 2 or 3 burgers, not go over 4 glasses of wine and opt to bypass the second milkshake. It's not always easy. You can do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1364 on: February 18, 2015, 03:13:17 PM »
Okay...found myself a new plan over the weekend.  I downloaded it from the site that gives out free downloads and started on it Monday.  It's called Body Beast and the guy is an Ahnold wannabee, but the workouts are very good so far.  If you can keep from picturing Sagi saying "It's not a toomah" while you're working out, this looks to be a very good plan.

It's produced by the same folks that brought you Insanity and P90X, but it is geared more towards the peoples serious about getting pumped up, like WT. 

I give it  :thumsup: :thumsup: so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1365 on: February 18, 2015, 04:28:46 PM »
Does anyone know what P90X stands for?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #1366 on: February 18, 2015, 07:55:56 PM »
Does anyone know what P90X stands for?

I know what crossfit stands for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1367 on: February 21, 2015, 07:39:43 PM »
202.8. Dammit. Hit a rut, too much sodium and fat in diet. Had a bad sinus infection for the last week and havent been running.  Not gaining, but not losing. Hopefully I can shake the crud and start pounding road again soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #1368 on: February 21, 2015, 08:06:21 PM »
202.8. Dammit. Hit a rut, too much sodium and fat in diet. Had a bad sinus infection for the last week and havent been running.  Not gaining, but not losing. Hopefully I can shake the crud and start pounding road again soon.

Roads? Where we're going we won't need any roads
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Token

« Reply #1369 on: February 21, 2015, 08:56:52 PM »
Roads? Where we're going we won't need any roads

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here with those movie quotes. This isn't the place, Biff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #1370 on: February 21, 2015, 09:28:30 PM »
Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here with those movie quotes. This isn't the place, Biff.

If I'm Biff then that would make you Marty, and smooth Doc Brown?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:29:52 AM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1371 on: February 24, 2015, 08:37:10 AM »
So, it seems that culture and religion are likely to blame for you people being fat asses. At least the ones of you that live in Alabama. http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/eating_disorders_take_a_heavy.html#incart_most-commented_news_article
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1372 on: February 24, 2015, 11:01:33 AM »

Didn't know that was such a thing.  Don't fear the fat.  Eat fatty foods with lots of protein, green veggies and frozen berries.  The berries will give you all the carbs you need.  Leave the potatoes and bread alone. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #1373 on: February 26, 2015, 07:27:11 PM »
198.8 this morning. With a little help from a life threatening super stomach virus. Haven't been able to run in a week.  Hopefully I'll be a true 199 soon. Then I'm going for 190.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:29:20 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1374 on: February 26, 2015, 09:59:04 PM »
198.8 this morning. With a little help from a life threatening super stomach virus. Haven't been able to run in a week.  Hopefully I'll be a true 199 soon. Then I'm going for 190.
I think you should just give up and start buying bigger shirts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1375 on: March 12, 2015, 08:47:02 AM »
Next goal down.  Hit 219 this am.  Gots to get around the 210 mark by the end of the month, so I can show off the hammer brothers in style at the waterparks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1376 on: March 12, 2015, 10:24:53 AM »
Next goal down.  Hit 219 this am.  Gots to get around the 210 mark by the end of the month, so I can show off the hammer brothers in style at the waterparks.
That's an odd name for your balls. But, congrats on hitting a goal. I'm shy of my next goal but making progress. Will PM you some more nudes when I reach it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1377 on: March 12, 2015, 11:05:57 AM »
That's an odd name for your balls. But, congrats on hitting a goal. I'm shy of my next goal but making progress. Will PM you some more nudes when I reach it.

Back when I had balls, I used to.....wait, ignore all that.  As I've said, scales are the spawn of Satan, the most evil of which are purposely placed in doctor's offices.  I refuse to step on them for any reason.  Like many, I started with the New Year's resolution of losing a specific amount of weight and after a month of dieting and mostly doing right, I believe I lost a grand total of +1 1/2 pounds.  That's when the revelation about scales came to me in a dream.  Since then, I haven't gone near any.  I've continued the diet, increased the cardio, dropped down on the amount of weight I'm lifting and increased the reps to 12-20 on everything.  Yesterday, the wife bought mini some new clothes.  He's 2 pant sizes below me.  I tried a pair of his shorts on and they fit. 

I also saw an ab last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1378 on: March 12, 2015, 11:16:15 AM »
I also saw an ab last night.

The latest issue of Men's Health doesn't count.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1379 on: March 12, 2015, 11:18:14 AM »
Gotta heavy workouts golf today , tomorrow and Sat. I hope they don't sell beer at the courses, it is one of my many weaknesses.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'