« Reply #1320 on: January 29, 2015, 03:35:53 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1321 on: February 05, 2015, 09:04:17 PM »
Has anyone tried a magnesium supplement?  Started 500mg a day 15 days ago. Never felt better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1322 on: February 05, 2015, 09:15:14 PM »
Has anyone tried a magnesium supplement?  Started 500mg a day 15 days ago. Never felt better.

Actually started around the same time frame taking a 400mg pill a day.  I had been getting quite a few calf cramps when I ran and a friend recommended it.  I haven't really noticed much difference other than not as many cramps though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1323 on: February 06, 2015, 10:42:45 AM »
I've roller-coastered a bit but stepped on this am and 197.0 popped up. Yep, I've lost 11 pounds and that's before I took a dump this a.m.

I would post pics but I don't want to get TW and Shug all hot and bothered.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1324 on: February 06, 2015, 04:25:14 PM »
Thanks to some software conversion stress I have hit my first goal, which was to get back to where I was a couple of years ago. 

My next goal is to get ripped like Snaggs. :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1325 on: February 06, 2015, 04:31:07 PM »
Thanks to some software conversion stress I have hit my first goal, which was to get back to where I was a couple of years ago. 

My next goal is to get ripped like Snaggs. :gig:

The words ripped and Snaggs only go together when I've been hittin' the jungle juice too hard.  Otherwise, "fluffy" would be a more appropriate description.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #1326 on: February 07, 2015, 02:04:48 PM »
When I started, I told myself no beer until 205. That was my first goal. Woke up yesterday to 205.6. Celebrated with 3 pitchers of beer last night over wings and a half order of fried pickles. Damn it was delicious.

Didnt weigh this morning to see damage, but did hit a 2.25 mile shortly after eggs and bacon this morning. Next up, 199.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #1327 on: February 09, 2015, 07:16:50 AM »
Damn that's good stuff Token.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1328 on: February 09, 2015, 02:38:41 PM »
I don't know what I weigh.  I haven't weighed in since my last doctors visit.  I can tell you that since my last visit my clothes are fitting looser, my belts are on the last hole and they are even loose.  They are serving me no purpose right now.  I haven't seen my BIL and his wife in about 3 weeks and they were asking me how much more weight I have lost.  Diet has been spot on, exercise is coming along better, as in, I have actually been getting some.  I am probably down to 190-192 if I had to guess.  I would say it's because my A1C's are so high, but they have started getting back towards a normal range this past week.  It still very well could be that, but I will know if that is the case in about two weeks.

I did like Token on Saturday night and we went to the local diner.  I got the double bacon cheeseburger with tots.  Came home and polished off a sixer of Lagunitas Brown Sugga.  It did run my blood sugar up to 225 but was back to 130 within a few hours after that.  Felt good.  Apparently the new meds are working.  As long as they do and I can regain control, then I don't have to stick myself with a needle.  Which is the main goal now after my past two appointments.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1329 on: February 09, 2015, 02:47:58 PM »
Awesome news!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1330 on: February 09, 2015, 02:53:43 PM »
I started this thread, and I may need to back out of it.  I don't know if it's ever going to work for me.  Losing weight that is.

The thing is, I'm not that fat.  I'm just really close to looking how I would really like to look.

I'm 5'7 (can't fix that) and 170 pounds right now.  The reason I'm 170 pounds is not my overall diet.  It's the one or two sweet splurges I have a day. 

My diet throughout the day is pretty much perfect.

For example, yesterday I had two hard boiled eggs, an English muffin, and a banana for breakfast.  For lunch I had bowl of rice with homemade pico, avocado, and a piece of chicken.  For dinner I had a turkey burger with a slice of cheese, spicy brown mustard, spinach and a roll.  Baked sweet potato (plain - how I like them) on the side.  For a late night snack, I had a few grapes, a few almonds, and two tablespoons of whole fat Greek yogurt.  According to MyFitnessPal, I ate a little less than 1900 calories.

Except for that splurge I had when I got home from the grocery store where I purchased a few boxes of Girl Scout cookies.  I ate 9 samoas.  Was going to only eat one.  Ate nine.  Then I put all of the cookies into a large Ziploc bag and told my wife that I was trying to save room in the pantry.  In reality I was trying to save face for being such a fatty and eating almost an entire box of cookies, which was 630 calories added onto my nice 1900 calorie day.

Today's already been the same way.  Two overeasy eggs for breakfast and an apple.  Chicken salad sandwich and a small salad for lunch.  And just now, I got a big bag of Jelly Beans.  Ate the whole bag.  400 calories down the drain.  Stomach ache.  Lethargic.  Pissed at myself. 

Maybe I should just go the glutton route, ya know?  Just own the fat guy status and gain some weight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1331 on: February 09, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »
I don't know what I weigh.  I haven't weighed in since my last doctors visit.  I can tell you that since my last visit my clothes are fitting looser, my belts are on the last hole and they are even loose.  They are serving me no purpose right now.  I haven't seen my BIL and his wife in about 3 weeks and they were asking me how much more weight I have lost.  Diet has been spot on, exercise is coming along better, as in, I have actually been getting some.  I am probably down to 190-192 if I had to guess.  I would say it's because my A1C's are so high, but they have started getting back towards a normal range this past week.  It still very well could be that, but I will know if that is the case in about two weeks.

I did like Token on Saturday night and we went to the local diner.  I got the double bacon cheeseburger with tots.  Came home and polished off a sixer of Lagunitas Brown Sugga.  It did run my blood sugar up to 225 but was back to 130 within a few hours after that.  Felt good.  Apparently the new meds are working.  As long as they do and I can regain control, then I don't have to stick myself with a needle.  Which is the main goal now after my past two appointments.

Much more is expected from X'ers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1332 on: February 09, 2015, 03:00:27 PM »
I started this thread, and I may need to back out of it.  I don't know if it's ever going to work for me.  Losing weight that is.

The thing is, I'm not that fat.  I'm just really close to looking how I would really like to look.

I'm 5'7 (can't fix that) and 170 pounds right now.  The reason I'm 170 pounds is not my overall diet.  It's the one or two sweet splurges I have a day. 

My diet throughout the day is pretty much perfect.

For example, yesterday I had two hard boiled eggs, an English muffin, and a banana for breakfast.  For lunch I had bowl of rice with homemade pico, avocado, and a piece of chicken.  For dinner I had a turkey burger with a slice of cheese, spicy brown mustard, spinach and a roll.  Baked sweet potato (plain - how I like them) on the side.  For a late night snack, I had a few grapes, a few almonds, and two tablespoons of whole fat Greek yogurt.  According to MyFitnessPal, I ate a little less than 1900 calories.

Except for that splurge I had when I got home from the grocery store where I purchased a few boxes of Girl Scout cookies.  I ate 9 samoas.  Was going to only eat one.  Ate nine.  Then I put all of the cookies into a large Ziploc bag and told my wife that I was trying to save room in the pantry.  In reality I was trying to save face for being such a fatty and eating almost an entire box of cookies, which was 630 calories added onto my nice 1900 calorie day.

Today's already been the same way.  Two overeasy eggs for breakfast and an apple.  Chicken salad sandwich and a small salad for lunch.  And just now, I got a big bag of Jelly Beans.  Ate the whole bag.  400 calories down the drain.  Stomach ache.  Lethargic.  Pissed at myself. 

Maybe I should just go the glutton route, ya know?  Just own the fat guy status and gain some weight.

No offense, but you won't get much sympathy on here calling yourself fat at 170.  I would love to one day see 170...
I understand exactly what you are going through though.  I think I have finally put a halt to my binge eating sessions for now at least.  I had gotten back up over 230 again over the holidays from eating a decent high protein/low carb breakfast and a shake at lunch (nothing else).  Then a decent dinner, followed by multiple trips to the kitchen for peanut butter, a slice of cheese, just one reeses cup...well, maybe three, more peanut butter, a handful of chips, etc.  It was killing any momentum I had gained at the gym.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1333 on: February 09, 2015, 03:04:49 PM »
No offense, but you won't get much sympathy on here calling yourself fat at 170.  I would love to one day see 170...
I understand exactly what you are going through though.  I think I have finally put a halt to my binge eating sessions for now at least.  I had gotten back up over 230 again over the holidays from eating a decent high protein/low carb breakfast and a shake at lunch (nothing else).  Then a decent dinner, followed by multiple trips to the kitchen for peanut butter, a slice of cheese, just one reeses cup...well, maybe three, more peanut butter, a handful of chips, etc.  It was killing any momentum I had gained at the gym.

Aren't you over six feet tall?

I don't think I'm fat.  I just want to be skinny.  I haven't lifted weights in a few weeks.  Got way too stocky.  I was eating more than 1900 calories a day back then because I was trying to put on muscle.  But now that I've taken a break from it, I should be around 1900 calories. 

But seriously my whole life has been spent nearly every day gorging on some kind of sweet and then hating myself for it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1334 on: February 09, 2015, 03:14:39 PM »

I don't think I'm fat.  I just want to be skinny.  I haven't lifted weights in a few weeks.  Got way too stocky.  I was eating more than 1900 calories a day back then because I was trying to put on muscle.  But now that I've taken a break from it, I should be around 1900 calories. 

But seriously my whole life has been spent nearly every day gorging on some kind of sweet and then hating myself for it.
I am 5'10" with my platform shoes on.

I have been hitting the weights and the supplements pretty hard over the last few years, so I know a decent bit of my 223 and hopefully less soon is muscle...but I still have a fat belly.  I keep telling myself if I can lose 10-15 pounds of the belly fat, I would feel really good about myself.  Then I proceed to eat that cheeseburger and fries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1335 on: February 09, 2015, 03:15:39 PM »

How much cardio are you getting in?  Also might want to try something like P90X (the weight loss program).   You'd be amazed at the what you can lose and still have a few beers or a sweet.   Mix in some cardio with a kettle ball and resistance bands.  Also doing a boxing style routine might work for you.  Why do think guys get up off the couch at 175-180 and are able to box at 154 after 8 to 10 weeks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1336 on: February 09, 2015, 03:18:31 PM »

Much more is expected from X'ers.

Yeah, about that.....

Seriously, I am about done with the booze as well.  It's either keep on drinking and stick myself with a needle or keep it to a weekend only or special occasion and not stick myself with a needle.  I will take the later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1337 on: February 09, 2015, 03:38:52 PM »
How much cardio are you getting in?  Also might want to try something like P90X (the weight loss program).   You'd be amazed at the what you can lose and still have a few beers or a sweet.   Mix in some cardio with a kettle ball and resistance bands.  Also doing a boxing style routine might work for you.  Why do think guys get up off the couch at 175-180 and are able to box at 154 after 8 to 10 weeks?

I've tried running.  Can't stay consistent with it.  I got up to running over three miles a few weeks ago.  Ran one mile Sunday and that's been it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1338 on: February 09, 2015, 03:42:50 PM »
Yeah, about that.....

Seriously, I am about done with the booze as well.  It's either keep on drinking and stick myself with a needle or keep it to a weekend only or special occasion and not stick myself with a needle.  I will take the later.

I am weekend kind of guy.

Thursday-Cause its Friday Eve.
Friday cause its Friday.
Sat-I get thirsty on the golf course.
Sun-Still Thiristy on the course.

My Weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1339 on: February 09, 2015, 03:44:01 PM »
I've tried running.  Can't stay consistent with it.  I got up to running over three miles a few weeks ago.  Ran one mile Sunday and that's been it.

If you can force yourself with the running that would help.  If not, look for a cardio workout like P90X that mixes in variety and watch the lbs drop.  I am a firm believer in it.  I plan on getting back on it in the next month when we slow down at work and I am not working OT and weekends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions