Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

JR4AU

Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1260 on: January 20, 2015, 04:42:21 PM »
I'm up to running 2 miles.  Still hitting the gym pretty hard.  Haven't lost a pound. 

I keep eating more calories.  I'm okay with that though because I don't want to feel like shit as I start pushing the miles up.

I run 4-5 days a week on the treadmill.  I've hovered in the same 10-12 pound range for the last year plus, which was down 140lbs from 2012.  I'd like to lose 20 more.  Every time I step up my running I do the same as you...I get hungry and eat.  I fight snacking anyway...all day every day, it's a constant battle.  I can eat normal meals, or even light ones, but snacking is my ruination! 

My treadmill workout is 5 minute warm up, @2.5mph, 30 minute run @5mph (12min mile for those math challenged types like me...IOW, not fast but my heart rate gets up to the anaerobic range and stays there for 30min...Im told interval work would be better for fat burning though), and 5min cooldown @3mph.  Due to a job change in the summer, I didn't run from July til the first of the year.  I was able to pick back up where I left off pretty much, though my mind fucks with me the whole time I'm running. 

I did a workout for a while that was "crossfit like", but not nearly so much of all that weird shit they do, and was still mostly "standard" weights and stuff.  I'd like to get back to a full workout again, but I keep making excuses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1261 on: January 20, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »
I tried lifting weights once.  But they were so heavy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1262 on: January 20, 2015, 05:02:36 PM »

you got do it like bro, Bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #1263 on: January 20, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »

I have the same issue with them!  Damndest thing! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #1264 on: January 20, 2015, 07:14:09 PM »

I did a workout for a while that was "crossfit like", but not nearly so much of all that weird shit they do, and was still mostly "standard" weights and stuff.  I'd like to get back to a full workout again, but I keep making excuses.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

« Reply #1265 on: January 20, 2015, 09:44:07 PM »
I know easier said than done.  Eat green.  Ranch has no carbs and french has no calories. I'm a late night sugar snacker. Eat all the green you like. 13 year olds are your friend. Unless VV needs his salad tossed. Tastes great and less filling. Miller light.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1266 on: January 23, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »
Down 9 pounds as of this morning, and my workouts are getting tougher.  And Leon is getting larger!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1267 on: January 23, 2015, 04:02:49 PM »
Down 9 pounds as of this morning, and my workouts are getting tougher.  And Leon is getting larger!

That's funny the way that you photo shopped Arnold's head onto your body like that. You joker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1268 on: January 23, 2015, 04:37:47 PM »

I can take you to a mexican resturant out here to get the same effect in one sitting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1269 on: January 23, 2015, 04:49:38 PM »
Yo Buzzer, what's the change, if any, in the diet.  9 pounds is a great start.  Or are you just picking up the cardio to burn more?

I weighed 3 weeks ago and was at my all time high.  I went back to my tried and true method after that of cleaning up the diet...chicken...fish...salads etc. Eating 5-6 smaller meals a day and really increasing the quality H20.  Since I signed up for a sprint triathlon, I've picked up the running and biking.  The race isn't until the last weekend of April so right now, I'm not going at it with any real plan for the next 2-3 weeks.  Just making sure I do 2-3 miles 3X a week and ride a couple of times as well.  Just doing 7-10 miles on the ride to slowly get back into biking shape.  However, a couple of weekends ago, a demon dog from hell naturally got after my a$$ and I wound up having to go an extra 5 miles out of my way to circle back to the house.  I wasn't going back by that spawn of satan.

I haven't weighed since that initial weigh-in but will tomorrow.  I get mega frustrated if I'm weighing all the time because my weight fluctuates so much every day.  I'll be happy if I've dropped 4-5 pounds right now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1270 on: January 23, 2015, 05:41:13 PM »
Guys,
Take this to PM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1271 on: January 23, 2015, 05:51:17 PM »
Guys,
Take this to PM.

Yeah, I guess Phillip Marshall could use some diet/workout tips.  He looks bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1272 on: January 23, 2015, 11:52:01 PM »
Yo Buzzer, what's the change, if any, in the diet.  9 pounds is a great start.  Or are you just picking up the cardio to burn more?

I weighed 3 weeks ago and was at my all time high.  I went back to my tried and true method after that of cleaning up the diet...chicken...fish...salads etc. Eating 5-6 smaller meals a day and really increasing the quality H20.  Since I signed up for a sprint triathlon, I've picked up the running and biking.  The race isn't until the last weekend of April so right now, I'm not going at it with any real plan for the next 2-3 weeks.  Just making sure I do 2-3 miles 3X a week and ride a couple of times as well.  Just doing 7-10 miles on the ride to slowly get back into biking shape.  However, a couple of weekends ago, a demon dog from hell naturally got after my a$$ and I wound up having to go an extra 5 miles out of my way to circle back to the house.  I wasn't going back by that spawn of satan.

I haven't weighed since that initial weigh-in but will tomorrow.  I get mega frustrated if I'm weighing all the time because my weight fluctuates so much every day.  I'll be happy if I've dropped 4-5 pounds right now.

I just tried to go back to low carb and high protein.  I also upped my treadmill warmup from a half mile run to a mile run before my daily workouts.  Stopped walking my fat ass to the kitchen every 15 minutes at night for snacks also.

I upped my workout weight on arms and chest by about 10% to try and get my burn on as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1273 on: January 24, 2015, 09:05:49 AM »

Where is this race?

Yes I may crash the party.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1274 on: January 24, 2015, 09:51:02 AM »
Where is this race?

You just want to lap him, don't ya?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1275 on: January 24, 2015, 10:12:49 AM »
Where is this race?

I would like to go too, if you're talking about going to heckle and throw stuff at him when his big ass runs by in those ballerina tights.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:15:07 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1276 on: January 24, 2015, 10:19:35 AM »
Beach Blast in Mexico Beach.  And you'd better not throw anything at me. I'll have to do stuff.

GH running in this thing compared to me would be like a 5K I did a couple of years ago.  I was about a mile out from the finish and I see this buddy of mine, who had just won it, running fast past me the other way.

Where are you going?

I'm gonna' catch up to my son and finish it with him.

Suddenly, I hate that guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1277 on: January 24, 2015, 09:31:34 PM »
Beach Blast in Mexico Beach.  And you'd better not throw anything at me. I'll have to do stuff.

GH running in this thing compared to me would be like a 5K I did a couple of years ago.  I was about a mile out from the finish and I see this buddy of mine, who had just won it, running fast past me the other way.

Where are you going?

I'm gonna' catch up to my son and finish it with him.

Suddenly, I hate that guy.

No worries man. We will have a good time. Land sharks and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1278 on: January 26, 2015, 12:10:24 PM »
Guys, I've tried to monitor this thread and give gentle, suggestive guidance and moral support. But, I've got to say that it's time some of you step it up a notch. I'm not seeing the weight melt away like we had envisioned.

There are a couple of things that I want you to incorporate into your routine. And really, these can be used throughout the day, as I do.

If you are not doing one, two, waybacks, then you are missing the boat. I like to start my workout with 3 sets of 5 reps with these every a.m. Then, I do them periodically through the day. Waiting in line at a store, pumping gas, waiting on a business meeting in a lobby--all places that you can get in a long set of one, two way backs. Stand up straight, bend at waist and touch your toes (1) stand back up and touch your with hands on waist (2) and then come up on your toes and reach your arms over your shoulders, as if you are diving backward (wayback). The completion of these three movements counts for one rep.

Also, skipping. I skip to my car, from the car to appointments, Wal Mart, or wherever I'm going. It's really amazing how many more calories one can burn skipping rather than traditional walking.

I was hesitant at first about skipping in certain situations, like going to church or a funeral but it's not really anyone's business how we get into shape. It's just important that we do it.

Personally, I'm doing more arm circles now than ever. I do little circles and big ones. Another thing that I do in my workout and throughout the day. I like to do big arm circles while I'm skipping.

WT is down 8 and still melting them away. Get of those fat asses and go, go, go!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #1279 on: January 28, 2015, 12:08:51 PM »
This week I started cardio interval training, per the advice of many gym rats.  The simple jogging every day wasn't getting the job done.  So, now I'm doing thirty minutes of sprints/walking.  1 minute sprint (for me that's about 7 to 8mph), 2 minutes walking, with varying inclines...sprints are done on heavier incline.  Cycling the heart rate in and out of the anaerobic range.  Supposedly the most efficient fat burn there is.   I'll report the findings in a couple of weeks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions