Not the advanced version.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1221 on: January 07, 2015, 11:01:50 AM »
I'd like to find a good chest/shoulder program though that doesn't really add bulk.  That's my issue.  I only know how to weight lift as a football player.  No idea how to do it as a runner.

Thanks for the regimen list.  As for the chest, I had a trainer show me a few tricks to cut but not necessarily add bulk in my chest workout.  He actually shooed me away from the flat bench.  I have been doing 5x10 on the decline bench, 3x12 with dumbbells on the incline bench and some cable crosses to help shape the under and side boob.  You should see me in my bikini now...

This guy had a 30" waist and 50" chest that was cut like Rambo had just gotten ahold of him.  I decided it was a good idea to listen to him. 

I have been working out alone lately, so I haven't had a chance to see what my max is on the bench, but I have been doing the 5x10 decline with 225.  I have a crappy rotator cuff in my throwing arm, so I have been using lighter weights on the incline.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:04:00 AM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1222 on: January 07, 2015, 11:22:26 AM »
Besides the diet, I have been in a workout rut for the last 6 months.  Anybody have a really good routine they'd like to share?  Especially a chest or shoulder workout.
I like to place a quarter on one of my breasts and flex/flip it over to the other one. I do this back and forth for about 50 reps before I even get started with my chest exercise, just to warm up.

Then, I go through my numchuck routine. Next, I go straight to the pool for water aerobics and finish off with some soup can curls.

More than the routine, sounds to me like you mostly need motivation to be able to stick with a plan. I can PM you some pics of me posing, so that you can see what the after "COULD" be like if you will fully commit to shaping your body. And I mean really commit. You obviously won't look like WT but you will see that flab disappear and look better. That's the goal, right?

No pain-- no gain brother. Stick it out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1223 on: January 07, 2015, 11:23:16 AM »
WT has that whole collection on VHS.
Bitch, I have DVR technology.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #1224 on: January 07, 2015, 10:56:30 PM »
Besides the diet, I have been in a workout rut for the last 6 months.  Anybody have a really good routine they'd like to share?  Especially a chest or shoulder workout.

Check out Kia Greene videos on YouTube. He is a body builder, but he's not one of those look at me all the time kind. He does a workout series with random individuals. Very informative and I have actually started putting his principles for working out into my workout. He really explains how to workout instead of just throwing weights around. The videos list what workout with how many sets and reps.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1225 on: January 08, 2015, 10:29:02 PM »
That's all good and everything but I found my new routine.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #1226 on: January 15, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »
Well? Any updates from you cake sniffers?

It's day 11 over here...Down 9lbs....I feel AMAZING....and I am not craving anything.

But I do catch myself looking at the wine fridge....I don't think I've gone two weeks on the wagon without being sick...well, ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Token

« Reply #1227 on: January 15, 2015, 01:59:23 PM »
Well? Any updates from you cake sniffers?

It's day 11 over here...Down 9lbs....I feel AMAZING....and I am not craving anything.

But I do catch myself looking at the wine fridge....I don't think I've gone two weeks on the wagon without being sick...well, ever.

Biggest problem I've had is being hungry.  I can get a routine of eating, but I get bored with it.  Love turkey sub from subway, but when it's 25 outside, I want something hot, not a cold sandwich.  So I've been exploring eating ideas. 

Last night, had 1/2 sweet peas, 1 cup of boiled okra and 4 oz of roasted chicken breast with some type of 0 calorie wing sauce.  May not sound like much, but that is a plateful of food, and it was delicious.  First time I've really felt full after a meal in a week. 

And I know some people hate calorie counting, I did for a long time.  But I'm using myfitnesspal and mapmyrun apps for eating and exercise.  It's really simple, and it's very effective.  I just have to find stuff that isn't too expensive, isn't difficult to cook and easy on the taste buds.  And running 2 miles a day goes a long damn way when counting calories. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1228 on: January 15, 2015, 02:18:24 PM »
9 pounds! Dammit girl.
I'm down 4 from my high, which came after I thought that I had already established my high and my latest weight loss effort.

I've known for sometime that it doesn't make a damn how much I exercise if I don't eat right.

Like Token pointed out, I'm one that hates counting calories. But I don't think I have to, if I simply eat healthy and control my portions.

Anywho, back to running 3-6--mostly on the dreadmill but that's working well for me, since I have a heel spur--which is pretty common in elite runners like myself.

I look forward to running without my shirt again, so that the ladies pull of the side of the road and smile and stuff. But come to think of it, a couple of them did that the last time that I ran with my shirt off anyway. They were laughing and flirting, you know. One of them even called me Pork Chop, obviously a term of endearment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1229 on: January 15, 2015, 02:30:46 PM »
There is also a couch to 5k app that I've used.  Not because I want to run a 5k and can't, but because the first week exercise is incredibly easy, and you can burn 250 calories with little effort.  Or at least, it seems like little effort because it does such a great job of breaking up the run.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1230 on: January 15, 2015, 02:35:38 PM »
I would run without my shirt but after a couple of miles with my man boobs slapping me in the face, it gets old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1231 on: January 15, 2015, 03:15:38 PM »
Umpiring season has started, current weight maintained. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #1232 on: January 15, 2015, 03:35:07 PM »
I fucking hate counting calories....but the biggest thing I've learned in the last few weeks is that all calories are not created equal. 200 calories of white bread is not the same as 200 calories of smoked salmon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

bgreene

« Reply #1233 on: January 15, 2015, 03:40:22 PM »
Like some of you, I started counting calories. In one day I lost 4.lb by adding more cardio to my time in the gym (most of which is super sets). No down time while in the gym. 1-1.5 hrs in the gym and I'm out. Unlike some of you, I hate running, even when I was in the corps I hated it. I have the couch to 5k but have not used it as of yet. I am breaking down and getting a tredmill for the house and will start it then.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:51:35 PM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1234 on: January 15, 2015, 03:48:21 PM »
1 pound of celery is still 1 pound of food.

Speaking of salmon.  Pube Licks has a killer "Bourbon Glazed Salmon."  I'm not a huge fan of the wrong way swimming fish, but it's absolutely one of the best all around foods you can eat.  So, I try to make it a regular part of the diet. If you haven't tried the Bourbon Glazed....do. I like to pour a little teriyaki on it, wrap it up in foil and bake it on 400 for about 20-22 minutes.  Having it tonight with brown rice and green beans.

It's in the seafood deli.  Not frozen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #1235 on: January 15, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »
Check out Kia Greene videos on YouTube. He is a body builder, but he's not one of those look at me all the time kind. He does a workout series with random individuals. Very informative and I have actually started putting his principles for working out into my workout. He really explains how to workout instead of just throwing weights around. The videos list what workout with how many sets and reps.

I didn't watch the video yet but those are some nice tits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #1236 on: January 15, 2015, 04:03:19 PM »
I didn't watch the video yet but those are some nice tits.

Don't know if I mentioned it, but the German guy in the video is a pecker wood. The only thing I hated about it was him checking himself out and flexing every five seconds. Don't pay attention to him at all, just listen to the huge black guy. It has definetly been a positive adding what I have learned to my workouts.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:05:26 PM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1237 on: January 15, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »
I can't stop saying bro, bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1238 on: January 15, 2015, 04:42:24 PM »
So far I am down 104 4 pounds.  The funny thing is that all I have done is cut down on the eating after 6:00 at night.  Yesterday, as I was flexing and admiring myself in the mirror at the gym, a little cutie gave me a compliment though, so something must be working.  She said "hey, are you gonna just stand there and admire yourself or can I get those 5lb dumbbells from in front of you?"  I was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day.

I did start the P90X3 just for shits and giggles this week.  We'll see how that goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1239 on: January 15, 2015, 04:49:28 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions