Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1160 on: November 06, 2013, 01:56:43 PM »
Alright, while I was gone I lost a total of 15 pounds, and a waist size.  I'm less fat and more muscle now, so I'm hoping to make the old lady happy with the new me.  Below is a before and after pic.  I'm on the far right.

Yup, Deployments have a way of doing that to you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1161 on: November 13, 2013, 12:47:55 PM »
Thanks! After 2 bags of fluids and 15 units of insulin back to normal. Now I'm no obese diabetic, actually was 185 and dropped to 155 in 3 months. Not typical for type 2. Seeing a nutritionist and looking forward to sharing recipes that will be good for all of us. If I play this right might be able to get off meds in a year. I WILL NOT stop drinking the burbinz tho.

Updates?

I am heading to the Doctor this morning myself.  I have always kept a check on my blood sugar b/c my Grandfather, Dad, two anuts and two uncles are all diabetic.  It worries me.  I was at a point that for the most part as long as I ate something healthy it would stay in the 70-150 range.  If I ate really bad but at least went for a brisk walk, it would get around 190.  Way to high I know, but I could live with that as long as I got to grill delicious steaks, burgers and smoke delicious pork butts with all the bad sides. 

I am no longer able to do that.  I can eat a freaking garden salad with 1k Island dressing and go for a walk and it will be 220 to 270.  This past Tuesday I come home to see Fried Chicken, purple hull peas, cornbread, mashed potates w/ gravy.  Eat that and decided I wanted a bowl of Ice Cream.  No big deal, my sugar has never been more than 270.  So, I will feel a little bad in a couple of hours, I can deal.  I didn't expect to be drunk without drinking a drop and it being 598.   I wanted to try and walk, but couldn't even walk down the hall without stumbling.  Laid in bed drinking water and hoping like hell that it came down enough that I wouldn't have to go to the ER.  I have ate nothing but Salads, vegetables and lean mean (grilled chicken breast) this past week other than one night and it has not been below 200 yet.  The one night I ate grilled chicken stuffed with boudin and shrimp sauce piquant, it was over 400. 

Can't wait to hear what the doctor has to say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #1162 on: February 07, 2014, 03:14:36 PM »
Sorry for delay in update. Going to keep it real. Ac1 was 11. Fought the battle and lost. I was diagnosed with depression 15 years ago and with blood sugar so high it got REALLY bad. So turned to lots of fine bourbunz to self medicate. Well last Monday night I decided to make a decision that only God is allowed to make. Was found by roomie and baker acted. Released today and feeling like a million bucks. Doctor and I decided I probably am not an alcoholic per say but AA meetings and depression counseling is in order. On meds for that. Ac1 is now 13. While in hospital got lots of help from dietician and now on a sliding scale with insulin. That's the short of it. Any questions or comments feel free to ask. This talking about it has been a burden unloaded. I also never knew how many real life friends I had. Probably had 25 visitors while many more had none. Please no one ever let your self feel so alone. War Damn Me!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:16:21 PM by chityeah »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1163 on: February 07, 2014, 03:17:10 PM »
Sorry for delay in update. Going to eep it real. Ac1 was 11. Fought the battle and lost. I was diagnosed with depression 15 years ago and with blood sugar so high it got REALLY bad. So turned to lots of fine bourbunz to self medicate. Well last Monday night I decided to make a decision that only God is allowed to make. Was found by roomie and baker acted. Released today and feeling like a million bucks. Doctor and I decided I probably am not an alcoholic per say but AA meetings and depression counseling is in order. On meds for that. Ac1 is now 13. While in hospital got lots of help from dietician and now on a sliding scale with insulin. That's the short of it. Any questions or comments feel free to ask. This talking about it has been a burden unloaded. I also never knew how many real ife friends I had. Probably had 25 visitors while many more had none. Please no one ever let your self feel so alone. War Damn Me!!

I hope you're on the upswing, my friend. 

I too have had some low feelings lately.  7 months of inconsistent sleep and poor eating habits has me down.  It's like I want to exercise, but I can't sleep.  I can't sleep because I don't exercise.  Because I'm not sleeping or exercising, I'm looking for other ways to self-medicate, and my drug is eating sweets. 

At least with alcohol you get drunk.  Eating unhealthy foods just leads to gas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1164 on: February 07, 2014, 03:38:56 PM »
Glad to see you're on the other side, chit.  Good for you.  AU1 and I have a constant back and forth about daily struggles with all of the above.  Right now, I'm going for 4 out of 5 days without drank.  I'm an exercise nut (Yep, I gots em') but stress leads to constant medication with the bottle.  Despite my doc telling me over a year ago I need to back off because the liver is showing signs....I refuse to listen.

Well, I am now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1165 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53:58 PM »
Sorry for delay in update. Going to keep it real. Ac1 was 11. Fought the battle and lost. I was diagnosed with depression 15 years ago and with blood sugar so high it got REALLY bad. So turned to lots of fine bourbunz to self medicate. Well last Monday night I decided to make a decision that only God is allowed to make. Was found by roomie and baker acted. Released today and feeling like a million bucks. Doctor and I decided I probably am not an alcoholic per say but AA meetings and depression counseling is in order. On meds for that. Ac1 is now 13. While in hospital got lots of help from dietician and now on a sliding scale with insulin. That's the short of it. Any questions or comments feel free to ask. This talking about it has been a burden unloaded. I also never knew how many real life friends I had. Probably had 25 visitors while many more had none. Please no one ever let your self feel so alone. War Damn Me!!

Hope you are on the upswing as well.  I don't know if it's the blood sugar being out of whack, but I was feeling some depression as well before I found out what was wrong......let me rephrase, before I was diagnosed.  I knew what the hell was wrong, just chose to ignore it.   Do you think that the blood sugar levels being so high was leading to you being depressed?  Use this thread to vent, I have thought about it several times, but didn't.   

Not long after that post I made I actually had to go to the ER.  My meter wouldn't read and theirs said it was almost 800.  My A1C's are back down to 7, but I had to make wholesale life changes.  They were at 11.  Now with a revamped diet and exercise I am getting back to where I need to be. I still get a little low from time to time, but the really high reading are few and far between unless I go nuts on some Italian food or something of the like.  My alcohol intake isn't what it used to be.  I am not getting hammered 5 to 6 nights a week, but I am still drinking a tumbler full 5 nights out of the week or so.  I have done better the past couple of weeks but it's a struggle that I will have to deal with from now I would imagine.   I am in the process of seeing if I can go without for a couple of weeks and then seeing where I can go from there.  Hope it all works out and I can lose these last 15 to 20 lbs that I want to lose.  I am down to 204 and was up to 245 back in November. 

I know what you mean about the alcoholic thing.  I don't what to classify myself.  I can go several days without and feel like a million bucks, but can't break the habit of reaching for that tumbler once the kids are in bed to unwind. I don't even crave it and sometimes I have one drink and want to throw up b/c it just didn't set right.  Hope to get a grip on that soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1166 on: February 07, 2014, 04:06:21 PM »
Hope you continue to improve. I'm certain each day won't feel easy but in the end, we are each responsible for getting ourselves into playing shape. I think most of us struggle with that in one way or another. It all starts with the mental shift and it sounds like you've begun that. Keep up the good work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #1167 on: February 08, 2014, 10:24:21 AM »
  Do you think that the blood sugar levels being so high was leading to you being depressed?   

Yes! Learned there is a direct link. 1 in 10 Americans have depression. 6 in 10 diabetics. They're not sure what causes what but definite connection. Of course we all know the added alcohol intensifies it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1168 on: February 08, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »
  Do you think that the blood sugar levels being so high was leading to you being depressed?   

Yes! Learned there is a direct link. 1 in 10 Americans have depression. 6 in 10 diabetics. They're not sure what causes what but definite connection. Of course we all know the added alcohol intensifies it.

Hormone imbalances cause a lot of problems.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1169 on: February 08, 2014, 11:37:41 AM »

Makes sense now as to why my doctor ask me if I have suffered from any depression during my checkups. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #1170 on: June 02, 2014, 07:02:36 PM »
I'm down 125lbs as of this week.

So, in the past year I'm down just another 20lbs, but I think the gym time has helped me redistribute some too.  Total down 140-145 depending on the day. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1171 on: June 02, 2014, 07:10:40 PM »
So, in the past year I'm down just another 20lbs, but I think the gym time has helped me redistribute some too.  Total down 140-145 depending on the day.

Awesome!  Keep it up, my frien.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #1172 on: June 02, 2014, 08:47:46 PM »
In January I rejoined the gym and started hitting the weights hard.  I decided to bulk up and then go on a cut.  The cut was supposed to start in March. 

Then it was April.

Then May.

Now June.

On one hand, I'm jacked.  I've gained fifteen pounds, can bench press 235 pounds 3 times, and have chiseled sections on my beefy body.

On the other hand, my love handles are wider, my chiseled sections jiggle, and I walk around with my pants unbuttoned. 

I'm going to try again tomorrow.  Going to hit the track for a good cardio routine and get back to cutting calories.  Rebuke all forms of temptation for me.  Like waking up in the morning.  That tends to be the first influence on me eating 1000+ calories too many. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #1173 on: June 02, 2014, 09:22:53 PM »
In January I rejoined the gym and started hitting the weights hard.  I decided to bulk up and then go on a cut.  The cut was supposed to start in March. 

Then it was April.

Then May.

Now June.

On one hand, I'm jacked.  I've gained fifteen pounds, can bench press 235 pounds 3 times, and have chiseled sections on my beefy body.

On the other hand, my love handles are wider, my chiseled sections jiggle, and I walk around with my pants unbuttoned. 

I'm going to try again tomorrow.  Going to hit the track for a good cardio routine and get back to cutting calories.  Rebuke all forms of temptation for me.  Like waking up in the morning.  That tends to be the first influence on me eating 1000+ calories too many.
It's like this forum is The Concourse for VV
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1174 on: January 06, 2015, 12:26:38 PM »
This year, I have decided to bulk up.  I mean, what's an extra 30 pounds of jiggle, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #1175 on: January 06, 2015, 01:14:26 PM »
This year, I have decided to bulk up.  I mean, what's an extra 30 pounds of jiggle, right?

More cushion for the pushin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #1176 on: January 06, 2015, 01:24:20 PM »
Bad news is, I could only get as low as 199.  Good news is, it's been nearly 2 years since I lost 40 pounds, and I've only put 12 back on.  Still, 212 isn't desired weight.  One of the best parts of losing 40 pounds is buying clothes that are 2 sizes smaller than you once were.  Problem with putting 12 pounds back on is, those clothes still fit, but they are not comfortable. 

So here we go again.....again.  Hoping for 200 by March.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1177 on: January 06, 2015, 02:23:03 PM »
Bad news is, I could only get as low as 199.  Good news is, it's been nearly 2 years since I lost 40 pounds, and I've only put 12 back on.  Still, 212 isn't desired weight.  One of the best parts of losing 40 pounds is buying clothes that are 2 sizes smaller than you once were.  Problem with putting 12 pounds back on is, those clothes still fit, but they are not comfortable. 

So here we go again.....again.  Hoping for 200 by March.

Right there with ya.  Except that I only got as low as 208.  I hovered around 215 for almost two years, then put 10+ on again here over the last 3 or 4 months.  I have still been hitting the gym every day basically, but I stopped getting my lazy ass up at night to walk downstairs and get on the elliptical or do a P90X video and started getting my lazy ass up at night to walk into the kitchen to see what new snacks we have.

I also decided it would be cool to bulk up the chest and arms...so now none of my suit jackets fit me up top.

It is time to slow that down and speed up the fat burning cardio once again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1178 on: January 06, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »
I made the weight loss resolution.  New Year's is easily the worst time to do it, just like a Monday is the worst time to start a diet.  But then, nothing else has worked for me in the last couple of years.  So January 1st I tipped the scales at 244.  I needed some kind of goal with a little more substance to it than just, "I want to lose 30 pounds by....".

I do have the goal of getting under 215 so in order to give me some direction getting there, I registered for a sprint triathlon in late April. I'm eating clean and I also cut out the alcohol, which will help more than anything.  A training schedule involving all the running, biking etc. should get me on my way to my goal. Although, I use the term "running" very loosely since my running style more resembles a newborn calf having a severe asthma attack than anything else. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #1179 on: January 06, 2015, 02:52:28 PM »
Right there with ya.  Except that I only got as low as 208.  I hovered around 215 for almost two years, then put 10+ on again here over the last 3 or 4 months.  I have still been hitting the gym every day basically, but I stopped getting my lazy ass up at night to walk downstairs and get on the elliptical or do a P90X video and started getting my lazy ass up at night to walk into the kitchen to see what new snacks we have.

I also decided it would be cool to bulk up the chest and arms...so now none of my suit jackets fit me up top.

It is time to slow that down and speed up the fat burning cardio once again.

I'll let Mrs. Dallas know, she'll be in touch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions