Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So...What's the Catch?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: So...What's the Catch?
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 11:17:33 AM »
I don't see where the changes Chizik is making has anything at all to do with Lord Saybinz or LSU or anyone.  First off, on defense, that change HAD to be made, period!!  They sucked bad..real bad.  But offensively, I imagine this style is more what Chizik would normally want to run; however, if you have a talent out there like Malzahn, who was proving he could put sick numbers up on the board, it's kind of crazy not to tak a shot with him.  With Gus gone, I think Chizik probably looked for the type coach he would have hired originally had Malzahn not been available. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 11:20:16 AM »
It's really just more proof that the hammer is coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 11:26:03 AM »
Curious. What type offense did he run at Iowa State....besides a not very good one? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »
Curious. What type offense did he run at Iowa State....besides a not very good one?

The kind that ran backwards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 10:03:14 PM »
I don't see where the changes Chizik is making has anything at all to do with Lord Saybinz or LSU or anyone.  First off, on defense, that change HAD to be made, period!!  They sucked bad..real bad.  But offensively, I imagine this style is more what Chizik would normally want to run; however, if you have a talent out there like Malzahn, who was proving he could put sick numbers up on the board, it's kind of crazy not to tak a shot with him.  With Gus gone, I think Chizik probably looked for the type coach he would have hired originally had Malzahn not been available.

I disagree with the last sentence.  I think he sought out someone who would bring immediate excitement and put up points.  JMO. 

It is a move away from "the spread" in a sense, but more a move away from the hurry up offense that doesn't take the defense in to account at all.   They may run, in fact they will run, many of the same plays, but they will instead huddle, run clock, and take fewer chances, and instead rely on running the ball, field position and defense.  The same thing could have been done with Malzahn's offense, but not with Malzahn running it.  It's not his philosophy.   He'd rather live and die doing it his way.  At least then he's in control of his fate and is the only one to blame if it fails. 

Loeffler has varied college and NFL experience, and he will give Chiz the offense, or moreover the offensive philosophy Chiz wants so that we can lean more on defense.  Chiz is more comfortable playing it that way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 10:32:48 PM »
I disagree with the last sentence.  I think he sought out someone who would bring immediate excitement and put up points.  JMO. 

It is a move away from "the spread" in a sense, but more a move away from the hurry up offense that doesn't take the defense in to account at all.   They may run, in fact they will run, many of the same plays, but they will instead huddle, run clock, and take fewer chances, and instead rely on running the ball, field position and defense.  The same thing could have been done with Malzahn's offense, but not with Malzahn running it.  It's not his philosophy.   He'd rather live and die doing it his way.  At least then he's in control of his fate and is the only one to blame if it fails. 

Loeffler has varied college and NFL experience, and he will give Chiz the offense, or moreover the offensive philosophy Chiz wants so that we can lean more on defense.  Chiz is more comfortable playing it that way.

HAY!  Fuck yew.  You know them Aubrens wish they wuz Bammer, but they cain't ne'er be. 

Signed,
Razzie in Mobile
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »

Damn man, that hits the nail on the head 100% imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 10:19:29 AM »

I for one prefer the Cam Newton offense.  You know the one where I don't have to worry if we get down by points, cause I know we still will beat them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 01:47:40 PM »
I for one prefer the Cam Newton offense.  You know the one where I don't have to worry if we get down by points, cause I know we still will beat them.

Cam Newton = Best Play Caller EVAH!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions