Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The John L. Smith Era Begins

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: The John L. Smith Era Begins
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 08:25:11 AM »
Is there really some enormous talent disparity between Arkansas and Auburn?  I don't see it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 08:28:14 AM »

Comparing their starting QB to our 3rd string QB pretty much proves K's point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 08:44:56 AM »
Comparing their starting QB to our 3rd string QB pretty much proves K's point.

Both started last year. And has that been announced officially?

And you can sub in #10 or #14. From what we know now, Arkansas is better at QB than Auburn. That's not debatable at this point.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:47:41 AM by J. Newcastle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 09:23:54 AM »
Both started last year. And has that been announced officially?

And you can sub in #10 or #14. From what we know now, Arkansas is better at QB than Auburn. That's not debatable at this point.

At QB, yes.

The entire team of raw talent? It's not even close. One of their few 4 stars the last 4 years? Tyler Wilson.

From Rivals......

Arky
2012: 34th
2011: 24th
2010: 49th
Avg of 36th of 120 D1 Teams

AU
2012: 10th
2011: 7th
2010: 4th
Avg of 7th of 120 D1 Teams
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 09:26:46 AM »
At QB, yes.

The entire team of raw talent? It's not even close. One of their few 4 stars the last 4 years? Tyler Wilson.

From Rivals......

Arky
2012: 34th
2011: 24th
2010: 49th
Avg of 36th of 120 D1 Teams

AU
2012: 10th
2011: 7th
2010: 4th
Avg of 7th of 120 D1 Teams

raw talent - Key words right there.

Here's hoping Boy Wonder and The Stasch are the difference.  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 09:29:59 AM »

Aky has def overachieved more with what theyve had to work with and Petrino was def good in that regard, but they have nowhere near the talent we do.  They are barely in the top half of D1 teams in recruiting. They had talent where it counted which was at QB, RB and WR (Wilson, Davis, Wright).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
Arkansas = Ole Miss with a couple of good years under their belt.  Nothing to see here....move on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »

Not really.  We return quite a bit of experience on both sides of the ball.  GH showed you the difference.  You can think there's a talent gap between Ark. and Auburn, but if there is one, it favors Auburn.  You can pick one key position to prove your point if you wish, but there's 21 other positions on the field. 

Aky has def overachieved more with what theyve had to work with and Petrino was def good in that regard, but they have nowhere near the talent we do.  They are barely in the top half of D1 teams in recruiting. They had talent where it counted which was at QB, RB and WR (Wilson, Davis, Wright).

If you go back and look at who they beat, and who and who they haven't under Petrino, they really haven't over achieved.  They did beat the teams they should have though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 10:05:49 AM »
Not really.  We return quite a bit of experience on both sides of the ball.  GH showed you the difference.  You can think there's a talent gap between Ark. and Auburn, but if there is one, it favors Auburn.  You can pick one key position to prove your point if you wish, but there's 21 other positions on the field. 

If you go back and look at who they beat, and who and who they haven't under Petrino, they really haven't over achieved.  They did beat the teams they should have though.

Football is played on a field and not on a rivals ranking page. Auburn's had their hands full of these slimy hogs for years and the sooner that changes, the better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 10:20:34 AM »
Arkansas = Ole Miss with a couple of good years under their belt.  Nothing to see here....move on.

Boom.  That just happened.

Arkansas beats us on a regular basis. 
Ole Miss not so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »

Boom.  That just happened.

Arkansas beats us on a regular basis. 
Ole Miss not so much.

Agreed.  Arky has been a thorn in our side while we pretty much own Cold Piss.  I've just never seen so much attention paid to a coaching search for a team that's never done squat.  They've had 2 of the best years they've ever had since about 1960 and they still didn't win the West. Every "big" game they play.....**kack...ack...cough...wheeeezze....choke**
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 11:45:54 AM »
Agreed.  Arky has been a thorn in our side while we pretty much own Cold Piss.  I've just never seen so much attention paid to a coaching search for a team that's never done squat.  They've had 2 of the best years they've ever had since about 1960 and they still didn't win the West. Every "big" game they play.....**kack...ack...cough...wheeeezze....choke**

Well there was that one time in 1998 where...oh wait...nvm

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:46:47 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »

I was living there then.  Talk about folks needing to be put on suicide watch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 12:34:09 PM »

Salt....meet wound
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 01:07:18 PM »
Football is played on a field and not on a rivals ranking page. Auburn's had their hands full of these slimy hogs for years and the sooner that changes, the better.

And that's why I said we had more talent than them, not a better team. More to putting a good product on the playing field than talent alone - ask FSU or UGA. Someone just questioned if there was a talent disparity so I answered. Yes there is, but to Auburn's favor. Putting a quality team on the field is another discussion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 01:09:33 PM »

They've had our number ever since we hired their native son, "pine box", out of Oxford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »

While I agree Ark has been a bit of a thorn in the side of Auburn, we still hold a slight 1 game advantage over them since expansion, and are .500 with them the last 10 years.

That said, it's meaningless as to the here and now, and the future, and any talent gap that there is, is advantage Auburn overall.  If you want to choose one position to say it's not, then have at.  To borrow a favorite line from our bammer friends, "they only beat us when we're down."  And before you go off trying to find the big upset they pulled here and there, I remember Fred Talley well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 01:57:16 PM »
While I agree Ark has been a bit of a thorn in the side of Auburn, we still hold a slight 1 game advantage over them since expansion, and are .500 with them the last 10 years.

That said, it's meaningless as to the here and now, and the future, and any talent gap that there is, is advantage Auburn overall.  If you want to choose one position to say it's not, then have at.  To borrow a favorite line from our bammer friends, "they only beat us when we're down."  And before you go off trying to find the big upset they pulled here and there, I remember Fred Talley well.

Bastard just ran by my window
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 03:17:03 PM »
Bastard just ran by my window

He had Matt Jones on his back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions