Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trayvon

JR4AU

Re: Trayvon
« Reply #600 on: July 18, 2013, 08:04:47 AM »
Hey Vandy & JR...I heard Walmart has a couple 60" TVs let's go Riot in the parking lot and get those TVs?!?!?! WoooHooo!!!! This is for Zimmerman mutha fuckas!!!!!!!!

A young black male is executed for wearing Skittles and eating a hoodie, and this is all you can come up with?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #601 on: July 18, 2013, 09:08:39 AM »
Are you disagreeing with me again?  Look, I already said it once and I'll say it again, this time with fancy hashtags and capitalized letters for emphasis:  #NOJUSTICE  #WHITEPRIVILEGE  #BLACKPANTHERS  #ROLLTIDE

Hopefully that clarified my superior stance, as you obviously disagree when you shouldn't.

#whiterage
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #602 on: July 18, 2013, 09:18:31 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #603 on: July 18, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »
I wonder what Tarheel would think about this situation if Trayvon were Trayvina...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #604 on: July 18, 2013, 11:10:02 AM »
I wonder what Tarheel would think about this situation if Trayvon were Trayvina...

Well it would depend on whether or not he had a private dance or just seen her on the main stage?  The social bond between him and his Nubian are strong once contact has been made.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #605 on: July 18, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »
Well it would depend on whether or not he had a private dance or just seen her on the main stage?  The social bond between him and his Nubian are strong once contact has been made.

What's a Nubian?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #606 on: July 19, 2013, 02:24:56 AM »
Back on topic - Sir Charles has something to say:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #607 on: July 19, 2013, 02:32:10 AM »
When Charles Barkley is the voice of reason, everyone needs to stop and think.

He is spot on 100% correct in everything he said. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #608 on: July 19, 2013, 09:29:14 AM »

Charles is almost always right about everything. He's a real free thinker. I love the guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #609 on: July 19, 2013, 10:00:46 AM »
While he said it in jest, if Charles ran for governor I'd vote for him.

I'd vote for him for president. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #610 on: July 19, 2013, 10:42:17 AM »

Well based on what he said we can now confirm that Sir Charles is not black enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #611 on: July 19, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
Charles is almost always right about everything. He's a real free thinker. I love the guy.
Cue the labeling him "uncle Tom".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #612 on: July 19, 2013, 10:57:37 AM »
I'd vote for him for Gov too. He def wouldn't be the worst gov we've ever had.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #613 on: July 19, 2013, 11:34:29 AM »
While he said it in jest, if Charles ran for governor I'd vote for him.

I'd vote for him for president.
I remember when he first announced that he would run in 2000, I was like in 6th grade at the time and did the math that in November 2000, I would have just turned 18 and was super pumped to be able to vote for him.

Then it never happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #614 on: July 19, 2013, 01:06:28 PM »

I agree with everything he said except the "fact" that Zimmerman racially profiled Martin.

If recent crimes have occurred and the suspects are identified as fat bald men, I'm not weight and follicle profiling a fat bald guy who's walking around my neighborhood at night.  I'm profiling the person based on their actions and their physical match to the suspect description.

The reason they might match the description could be their race, but that doesn't make me a racist or a racial profiler.  Had Zimmerman approached a black teen who was mowing a lawn in the middle of the day, sure, it would be racial profiling.  But approaching a black male "looking about" and "staring" wearing his hoodie up that obfuscates his identity at night when previous crimes involved black males attempting burglary at night?  Not racial profiling in my opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #615 on: July 19, 2013, 01:21:39 PM »
I agree with everything he said except the "fact" that Zimmerman racially profiled Martin.

If recent crimes have occurred and the suspects are identified as fat bald men, I'm not weight and follicle profiling a fat bald guy who's walking around my neighborhood at night.  I'm profiling the person based on their actions and their physical match to the suspect description.

The reason they might match the description could be their race, but that doesn't make me a racist or a racial profiler.  Had Zimmerman approached a black teen who was mowing a lawn in the middle of the day, sure, it would be racial profiling.  But approaching a black male "looking about" and "staring" wearing his hoodie up that obfuscates his identity at night when previous crimes involved black males attempting burglary at night?  Not racial profiling in my opinion.

Why is "racial profiling" such a supposed sin? 

it's ASININE to expect people not to associate traits with people based on their race, manner of dress and behavior. 

Way back when I was more of a bleeding heart liberal than I am today, I performed an experiment with some friends for a class project. 

I dressed in my best suit and drove a friend's nice Regal down to the Mercedes dealership. 

Two days later I put on overalls, a t-shirt and a stained baseball cap.  Drove a beat up Monza. 

My treatment by the sales staff was markedly different.  I was profiled.  At the time I was filled with outrage.  Now in retrospect I understand.  Those guys were busy trying to make a living and had to make a snap judgment on what I was capable of. 

How is this any different?  If I see a guy who doesn't "fit" my neighborhood by his color, dress or behavior I make a determination based on what I see. 

Why is that wrong?  Houses in Zimmerman's neighborhood had been robbed by black people. He saw a BLACK PERSON acting in what he considered to be a suspicious manner.  He profiled him, sure, but it was CIRCUMSTANTIAL profiling of which race was a part. 

I'm sick of "race discussions" anyway.  Go back to segregation and i'd be fine with it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2013, 01:25:40 PM »

it's ASININE to expect people not to associate traits with people based on their race, manner of dress and behavior. 

Way back when I was more of a bleeding heart liberal than I am today, I performed an experiment with some friends for a class project. 

I dressed in my best suit and drove a friend's nice Regal down to the Mercedes dealership. 

Two days later I put on overalls, a t-shirt and a stained baseball cap.  Drove a beat up Monza. 

My treatment by the sales staff was markedly different.  I was profiled.  At the time I was filled with outrage.  Now in retrospect I understand.  Those guys were busy trying to make a living and had to make a snap judgment on what I was capable of. 

How is this any different?  If I see a guy who doesn't "fit" my neighborhood by his color, dress or behavior I make a determination based on what I see. 

Why is that wrong?  Houses in Zimmerman's neighborhood had been robbed by black people. He saw a BLACK PERSON acting in what he considered to be a suspicious manner.  He profiled him, sure, but it was CIRCUMSTANTIAL profiling of which race was a part. 

I'm sick of "race discussions" anyway.  Go back to segregation and i'd be fine with it.

I don't think he racially profiled him. Has anyone proved this? Hell on the phone call he wasn't even sure he was black. I do think he profiled him in regards to matching the same characteristics of those who had been committing crimes in that area. One of those was being black. He happened to be black but no can prove he profiled him simply because he was black and nothing else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #617 on: July 19, 2013, 02:01:44 PM »

I think my definition of racial profiling is different than what we hear in the media and amongst the more idiotic of our peers.

If you think a black guy is about to commit a crime just because he's black, that's racial profiling in my book.  I don't care what statistics say about blacks and crime, the color of a person's skin is not indicative of what they've done or are about to do.

If it's a black guy looking around suspiciously at night?  Sure, I'd be concerned that he's up to something...but I'd also have that same concern if he was white.  I'm not going to give a suspicious acting person a pass just because he's Asian and Asians statistically commit fewer crimes.

Either I have a reason to suspect them of doing something or I don't, but the color of their skin alone is not enough for suspicion in my opinion.  To me, judging a person based on skin color alone is racial profiling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #618 on: July 19, 2013, 02:04:49 PM »
I've talked about this several times already concerning the number of times I've pulled a Zimmerman.  I honestly cannot tell you if anyone I've ever run out of my neighborhood was black or not.  Most times, they just crank up the car and jet out of there.  But the bottom line is, I know who belongs in that neighborhood and who doesn't.  One of the other families on my street is black.  I know them.  So, if a black guy, wearing a hoodie or a baseball cap or a cowboy hat, goes by my house and I don't recognize him, I will check it out and find out what he's up to.  Guess what?  If a white guy wearing a hoodie or a baseball cap or a cowboy hat goes by my house and I don't recognize him......I'm gonna' check it out too.  Why in the hell is it profiling if George Zimmerman simply knew that a guy walking through the neighborhood looked out of place?     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #619 on: July 19, 2013, 02:07:32 PM »
I think my definition of racial profiling is different than what we hear in the media and amongst the more idiotic of our peers.

If you think a black guy is about to commit a crime just because he's black, that's racial profiling in my book.  I don't care what statistics say about blacks and crime, the color of a person's skin is not indicative of what they've done or are about to do.

If it's a black guy looking around suspiciously at night?  Sure, I'd be concerned that he's up to something...but I'd also have that same concern if he was white.  I'm not going to give a suspicious acting person a pass just because he's Asian and Asians statistically commit fewer crimes.

Either I have a reason to suspect them of doing something or I don't, but the color of their skin alone is not enough for suspicion in my opinion.  To me, judging a person based on skin color alone is racial profiling.

Is it racial profiling because I know they blend in with the night better?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions