Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trayvon

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Trayvon
« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »
This is a good link..  http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/04/02/us/the-events-leading-to-the-shooting-of-trayvon-martin.html

Okay, after reading that....I have rethunk my perogatories.  (Sinbad joke)  I have no frickin' idea what happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »
Wow...  This is a shocker... 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/02/nbc-launches-internal-probe-over-edited-11-call-in-trayvon-martin-shooting/

NBC launches internal probe over edited 911 call in Trayvon Martin shooting
Published April 02, 2012

NBC has launched an internal probe after running an edited version of the 911 call from George Zimmerman -- the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin -- that made Zimmerman sound racist. 

"We have launched an internal investigation into the editorial process surrounding this particular story," the network said in a statement to the Washington Post on Monday. 

NBC's "Today" show ran the edited audio of George Zimmerman's phone call to a police dispatcher in which Zimmerman says: "'This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black."

But the audio recording in its entirety reveals that Zimmerman did not volunteer the information that Martin was black. Instead, Zimmerman was answering a question from a police dispatcher about the race of the "suspicious person" whom Zimmerman was speaking about.

A transcript of the complete 911 call shows that Zimmerman said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 officer responded saying, "OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?"

"He looks black," Zimmerman said.

The abridged conversation between Zimmerman and the dispatcher that NBC ran on March 27 has been blasted by media watchdog groups as misleading. Critics have said the edited version was made to suggest that Zimmerman targeted Martin because he was black -- an accusation by many that is still under investigation.

Martin, 17, was shot to death Feb. 26 by Zimmerman, 28, a neighborhood watch volunteer, as Martin walked from a convenience store back to his father's fiancee's home in a gated community outside Orlando. The case has stirred a national conversation about race and the laws of self-defense.

Martin, a black teenager from Miami, was unarmed when he was shot by Zimmerman, whose father is white and mother is Hispanic. Zimmerman told police the teen attacked him before he shot in self-defense. He has not been charged in the case, despite repeated calls by political leaders and protesters for his arrest.

NBC has also come under fire by some critics for allowing MSNBC personality, the Rev. Al Sharpton, to lead protests in Florida calling for Zimmerman's arrest. Sharpton is scheduled to speak Monday in Sanford, Fla., at a march of about a thousand people carrying signs and wearing T-shirts with the teen's image. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2012, 07:56:30 PM »
Wow...  This is a shocker... 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/02/nbc-launches-internal-probe-over-edited-11-call-in-trayvon-martin-shooting/
And this aspect, I completely agree with. I definitely think the media is milking this thing to sensationalize the story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »
And this aspect, I completely agree with. I definitely think the media is milking this thing to sensationalize the story.

They have an agenda.  And it's not a good one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2012, 08:15:08 PM »
Well, there's milking it, and there's misrepresenting reality. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2012, 01:13:00 AM »
Pay attention Strawberry Shortcake.  Your perceptions of what I meant with those comments have nothing to do with reality.  Playing ghetto, gangsta, hood or whatever you want to call it has nothing to do with race.  So, get over yourself already.  Are you implying that only people of a certain race talk ghetto and sport grillz?  It seems to me that you have a bigger problem with your own racial stereotyping, Buttercup.  This has nothing to do with race. 

Let's review some of the facts regarding his recent past...
- The teen was suspended from school three times.  (I'm sure that they were just picking on him.)
- He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue (He was shot?  And oh, that's right...  Marijuana is virtually harmless.  We should feed it to our kids.)
- Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry (I'm sure that was one big misunderstanding...)
- Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness (Why are they picking on this poor innocent yute?)

If his behavior isn't overwhelmingly obvious that he was headed for trouble, I don't know what planet you're from. 

Yes...  You are dumb...  Beyond dumb, in fact...   

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/_p6mbl3ydcE[/embed]
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
They have an agenda.  And it's not a good one.

And it is dangerous. The country is closer than people think to a race riot over this. They are fucking with people's emotions in a very bad way here.

This past Saturday down here in Columbus, there was a march. A fucking march. Full of diatribe and racial rants. People are getting agitated pn both side and all because of the media sensationalizing it. This is very disturbing to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2012, 09:54:21 AM »
And it is dangerous. The country is closer than people think to a race riot over this. They are fucking with people's emotions in a very bad way here.

This past Saturday down here in Columbus, there was a march. A fucking march. Full of diatribe and racial rants. People are getting agitated pn both side and all because of the media sensationalizing it. This is very disturbing to me.

THIS!

The fucking retards have no clue because these media folks are totally disconnected to the real shit but think
they know everything. They themselves probably live in a sheltered lifestyle and neighborhood with no real connection to the public.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2012, 10:06:13 AM »
http://gma.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-video-shows-injury-back-head-161816389--abc-news-topstories.html

Wasn't there a doctored 911 tape as well.  This shit stinks to high heaven.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2012, 10:14:41 AM »
http://gma.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-video-shows-injury-back-head-161816389--abc-news-topstories.html

Yes, it was NBC that released it I believe and are currently doing an internal investigation. Gman linked it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2012, 10:29:20 AM »
Just laugh it off guys...  We need to be glad that people like AUJizzad are not in the majority yet. 

Oh...  I got a new toy this weekend. 

I was thinking of nicknaming it Zimmerman, but Trayvon may be more appropriate for obvious reasons.   :poke:
I've come to the conclusion that you are a troll. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »

This is why I have kept the constant drum beating of "we don't even know the half of what has happened" and  "let the dust settle and the truth come out before jumping to firm conclusions".

But fuck that, let's use conjecture and empathy - and start a fucking race war in the process.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2012, 11:56:11 AM »
This is why I have kept the constant drum beating of "we don't even know the half of what has happened" and  "let the dust settle and the truth come out before jumping to firm conclusions".

But fuck that, let's use conjecture and empathy - and start a fucking race war in the process.

It doesn’t matter what the investigation comes with. They could show that kid jumping off a building with ninja knifes attacking that dude. And there are some who would still say he shot him because he was black. That is the world they want to live in. 

I live nexts door to a guy like that, he claims everybody in the neighborhood is against him. He has called the FBI to say that we (the whole street we live on) have had criminal activity against him and it was racial. I had to talk to the FBI about it. Of course it doesn’t help him that he also claims I break into his house and steal things and then put them back later on. He is one guy that I can say is black (instead of one the guys) because he wants to be. One day he will go off and there wil be something happen that he will start and TV will be there and we will say yup we all saw this coming. 

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:36:36 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2012, 11:57:47 AM »

Well it's about time!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GarMan

« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that you are a troll.
Wow, Speedy...  You just figured out that I like to stir the pot and rattle cages? 

Your ride's here...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2012, 12:27:05 PM »
Wow, Speedy...  You just figured out that I like to stir the pot and rattle cages? 

Your ride's here...

Habitual line-stepper is what you are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GarMan

« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2012, 01:01:23 PM »
Habitual line-stepper is what you are.
Habitually, of course...   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2012, 01:03:03 PM »

Your ride's here...

:haha:

My secretary had to check and see what made me chortle so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »

Yes, but waiting on the truth wastes time.  In the mean time you can shout things to support your agenda, and hope that if they're said and heard enough, they'll become true.  Prime example was Chizad throughout this thread, repeatedly referring to Zimmerman as "stalking him with a gun".  I can't count how many people have referenced the "he just went out to get some skittles" in order to paint Trayvon as an innocent little boy.

Then you got both sides trying to dig up shit in each of their pasts.  Trayvon was suspended.  Zimmerman had a former coworker that some media outlet dug up say he had an explosive temper that got him fired from a security job. 

Truth about what happened that night?  It's what you believe it is, and not necessarily what really happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions