Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trayvon

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Trayvon
« Reply #700 on: July 31, 2013, 05:11:30 PM »
Hey buzz check your pm. In re to mrs Dallas. Ohhh it's a good un!!

Yo.....uh....you didn't think about hookin' a brother up over here? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #701 on: July 31, 2013, 05:30:10 PM »
Yo.....uh....you didn't think about hookin' a brother up over here?

Brother? Or brotha?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #702 on: July 31, 2013, 05:35:11 PM »
Brother? Or brotha?

Damn it!!!  I just can't get the hang of this gangster rap talk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #703 on: July 31, 2013, 06:37:57 PM »
It never ends:

http://dcist.com/2013/07/smithsonian_museum_director_interes.php

Lonnie Bunch, the director of the National Museum of African American History and Culture, told the Post he'd "love" to acquire the sweatshirt for a collection, an idea endorsed by the Rev. Al Sharpton:
Martin’s hoodie, Bunch said, represents a unique opportunity to further the discussion about race in America. (And, by the way, he’d love to have it for his collection once the legal case plays out. He also has his eye on the hoodie that Marian Wright Edelman, founder of the Children's Defense Fund, wore in solidarity with protesters.)

“It became the symbolic way to talk the Trayvon Martin case. It’s rare that you get one artifact that really becomes the symbol,” Bunch said. “Because it’s such a symbol, it would allow you to talk about race in the age of Obama.”

Curators, he mused, could “ask the bigger questions” prompted by the case. “Are we in a post-racial age?” Bunch asked, dreaming about how the hoodie might help shape perceptions. Then he answered the question: “This trial says, ‘No.’

Also, we're going to have a Civil Rights Smithsonian Museum soon. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #704 on: July 31, 2013, 06:53:16 PM »
I read about that one the other day.

And it's perfect.  It's the perfect story to expose these people for who they really are.  They are just looking for anything to make it look like racism is alive and well.
I believe racism is alive & well, it'll always be.

In this new case, the kid had been breaking into vehicles in that area days before that incident. It was the kid's fault for jumping the man's fence and attempting to either break into his car or house. If I was that guy, I would've done the exact same thing. Something is wrong with America when criminals are crying about the law and how they should be protected. I'm sorry you break into my house? You're gonna die. I catch you breaking into my car? You'll be beaten within a inch of your life. If you jump me and proceed to slam my head into the concrete, and if I have a gun...you'll die. Like I said earlier, the Stand Your Ground Law is one that I wish every State would adopt...it'd make the criminals think twice before doing something stupid. No matter the race.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #705 on: July 31, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »
So, I refuse to read all of this shit.  So let me see if I have this correct...

There was a trial.  Someone was not convicted.  Chizad is a racist.  Penisboob.  AmIright?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #706 on: July 31, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »
LOUD NOISES!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #707 on: July 31, 2013, 11:05:25 PM »
Zimmerman was stopped for speeding in Forney, TX this past weekend. He was armed - but this is Texas.  The cop told him simply to secure the gun in the glove box. 

The cop did not recognize him, asked him if he was clear of outstanding warrants ("Absolutely."), gave him a warning, and sent him on his way.

Cop asked him where he was going. Zimmerman said "Nowhere in particular.". Cop said "Why's that?" and Zimmerman was like "Dude, WTF???" (paraphrased). Zimmerman even asked the cop if he recognized him from tv and the cop said no, even after he ran his license.

He will have to be armed for the rest of his life.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:08:21 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #708 on: August 01, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »
Zimmerman was stopped for speeding in Forney, TX this past weekend. He was armed - but this is Texas.  The cop told him simply to secure the gun in the glove box. 

The cop did not recognize him, asked him if he was clear of outstanding warrants ("Absolutely."), gave him a warning, and sent him on his way.

Cop asked him where he was going. Zimmerman said "Nowhere in particular.". Cop said "Why's that?" and Zimmerman was like "Dude, WTF???" (paraphrased). Zimmerman even asked the cop if he recognized him from tv and the cop said no, even after he ran his license.

He asked him to conceal it because you aren't an open carry state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #709 on: August 01, 2013, 10:55:02 AM »

From what I saw Zimm told him he had a gun in the glove box, the cop ran him for warrants told him to slow down and sent him on his way with a warning. Forney is about 30 minutes east of Dallas. Of course the rumblings from the race baiters here in Dallas have already started. It goes something like White cop blah, blah, blah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #710 on: August 01, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »
He asked him to conceal it because you aren't an open carry state.

My point was that he did not arrest him, seize his weapon, make him jump through hoops, whatever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #711 on: August 01, 2013, 01:41:23 PM »
My point was that he did not arrest him, seize his weapon, make him jump through hoops, whatever.

No I agree. Just saying it wasn't a big deal as the media may make it out to be. He was only asked to conceal it because technically that's what you have to do there. Real simple and easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #712 on: August 01, 2013, 02:38:43 PM »
I think they were profiling. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #713 on: August 01, 2013, 02:48:50 PM »
I think they were profiling.

You really have to watch those white racist Latinos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #714 on: August 01, 2013, 07:30:46 PM »

He was probably on his way to Long Beach, to do some shootin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #715 on: August 07, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »
It continues:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #716 on: August 11, 2013, 01:36:39 PM »
It continues to continue:

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/08/72191-we-are-all-trayvon-mural-unveiled-in-florida-state-capitol/

The Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman docudrama continues. This time, in the Florida State Capitol Building, where Friday, a 10-foot mural was unveiled. It carries the message: “We are all Trayvon Martin.”

As reported by clickorlando.com, the mural shows a man who looks similar to George Zimmerman, with gun blazing, shooting a person wearing a hoodie – in the back of the head. Trayvon – er – “the person wearing a hoodie” – is standing next to Martin Luther King, Jr.

In place of the (Trayvon) face is a mirror. You know, so we can all be Trayvon. There are also blank spaces where members of the public can share their thoughts. Oh,and MLK has blood flowing down his head.

The mural, of course,  is a complete fairytale. But, hey – so has been the story in the minds of some from the very beginning.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:43:58 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #717 on: February 21, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »
We've got a local "Trayvon" incident in New Orleans.

It's now racist to protect your home and shoot someone IN YOUR FENCED IN YARD at 2am.

:facepalm:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/29/homeowner-charged-with-attempted-murder-in-new-orleans-after-shooting-teen-he-says-he-thought-was-breaking-into-his-home
By the way, sanity prevailed.

http://www.wwl.com/pages/18433949.php
Marigny homeowner not indicted in teen's shooting

A grand jury has declined to indict Faubourg Marigny homeowner Meritt Landry  in the shooting of a teenager on his property in July. Police arrested Landry and booked him on charges of attempted second degree murder.

The panel did not return any decision late today. However, the grand jury will continue work on the case next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #718 on: February 21, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »
By the way, sanity prevailed.

http://www.wwl.com/pages/18433949.php
Your fascination with this is obviously racist. You point toward anomalies as if they are representative of the true world we live in.

If you were really so good at judging intent, as you express in your horses shit argument about your constitutional prowess, you would use it in this instance.

How do you know this lad wasn't trying air up the gentleman's bicycle tire or water his petunias. You don't know his intent and just because he is black, he's fair game in your opinion.

I must commend you on being more open with it. It used to be veiled innuendo but now you wear it like a crown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Token

« Reply #719 on: May 15, 2017, 10:14:36 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/04/us/trayvon-martin-college-degree-trnd/index.html

(CNN) Trayvon Martin's getting a college degree.

The slain Florida teenager -- killed by George Zimmerman five years ago -- will be awarded a posthumous bachelor's degree in aeronautical science from Florida Memorial University.

Martin's parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, will accept the degree on his behalf during the school's spring commencement on May 13. Fulton is an alumnus of the school, a historically black university in Miami Gardens.

The aeronautics degree is in "honor of the steps he took during his young life toward becoming a pilot," the school said in a Facebook post. Florida Memorial's Department of Aviation and Safety has a designated Cessna pilot training center, and the school also houses the Trayvon Martin Foundation.

Florida Memorial wanted to award the degree to Martin now because, if he had lived and attended the college, he would have been graduating this year, said school President Roslyn Clark Artis.

On her Twitter page, Fulton thanked the university for honoring her son. She said he became interested in aviation after attending summer camps at Florida Memorial.

"He was so excited," she told CNN. "But he couldn't decide whether we wanted to fly planes or fix them." Martin took aviation courses in high school, as well as a few flying lessons.

Fulton hopes the posthumous degree will offer inspiration to other young people to pursue their dreams.

She graduated from the university 20 years ago and says she'll be a jumble of emotions when she accepts his degree.

"It's bittersweet that I'll be walking across that stage again, for my son who is not here," she said.

Fulton and Tracy Martin plan to offer some remarks to the graduates at the commencement, but she admits it will be tough.

"This is extremely emotional for me," Fulton said. "I just hope whatever I say, I can get it out."

Martin was shot and killed in February 2012 by Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain in Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman had called 911 to report a suspicious person in his neighborhood and later got into a fight with the 17-year-old. Zimmerman said he shot Martin in self-defense.

The shooting sparked protests nationwide for months.

Zimmerman was acquitted in July 2013.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:16:39 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions