Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trayvon

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Trayvon
« Reply #680 on: July 30, 2013, 02:37:34 PM »
 Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #681 on: July 30, 2013, 02:45:31 PM »
Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

No, wait...it's gotta be your bull.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #682 on: July 30, 2013, 06:12:35 PM »

To me, there's nothing worse than someone who sticks to their guns in the face of evidence contrary to their earlier positions. There is nothing more honorable than being able to evolve on an issue. Actually letting information enter your brain and affect your opinion on something.

Ahem. 

Please refer to previous discussions of Tuberville, Chizik, Jacobs, etc. where evolving opinions were discredited as "waffling" and some were not allowed to consider changing circumstances. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #683 on: July 30, 2013, 10:07:59 PM »
Elaborate. So because when all we knew about the case was what the media told us - Whitey shoots a black kid for no reason other than he didn't believe he belonged in his neighborhood, I defended the kid because there is precedent in this country for things as simple and as blatantly racist as that actually occuring. But because I educated myself on the actual facts of the case, and changed my mind, that's disingenuous and something to be taken negatively?

To me, there's nothing worse than someone who sticks to their guns in the face of evidence contrary to their earlier positions. There is nothing more honorable than being able to evolve on an issue. Actually letting information enter your brain and affect your opinion on something.

But I guess that makes me a worse person than the people who gave whitey the benefit of the doubt from the get-go because they thought all along that the dark kid had no business in the white neighborhood to begin with. Ok...
I definitely agree. When I first heard about it, then saw it on Fox...I thought some white guy shot a little black kid for walking the street, on his way home...because that's what the media(s) wanted us to believe. It wasn't until I began to actually look into the case that I realized that Zimmerman wasn't a "White guy" and Martin wasn't the Sunday School, finger painting, kid that the media wanted me to think they were. Then I began to read all of the statements, including the flip flopping that the Prosecutors put on stand as their lead witness. I began to think that everything Zimmerman stated is everything that happened...because it all matched, aside from the few dumbasses that they put on stage. Then I read the Florida laws that states of you feel that your life is threatened or whatever, then you can defend yourself by any means necessary, even if that means shooting someone. It's a law that should be in place in every State. Self Defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #684 on: July 30, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »
Again, I was like Prowler (holy shit).

I was disappointed that some guy shot a black kid for being in the wrong place...

Then the media was forced to reveal that Zimmerman nearly got his head smashed in on the sidewalk...

And then it was revealed that the only injury on Travon was the gunshot...

Skin color was no longer even of the slightest consideration in taking a position on whether he was guilty of second degree murder or not. 

Why would anyone have an issue with another person changing their position based on newly discovered, previously unknown facts?  Isn't that what adults - mature adults - are supposed to do?  In my job as a contracts negotiator, I will defend a position vehemently until someone gives me a good reason not to. "Oh - payment terms are net 45 instead of net 30 because it takes time to get government approval to send dollars out of Argentina?  That makes sense.  Ok, I withdraw my objection."

All the facts in a case like this rarely are known until trial.  That has to have been the worst part for Zimmerman. He was tried, convicted and executed in the media this whole time, because the media had total control of the narrative. He had to wait all this time to give his side of the story while all this hate was whipped up against him. Had the media done its real job, and reported in an unbiased manner without rushing to judgment, there would have been no overwhelming outcry when the results didn't fit the media's script.

Skin color is irrelevant when someone is on top of you and smashing your head into the pavement. It doesn't matter why they are there. It doesn't matter how they got there, or what was said or wasn't said or done or not done.  Bottom line:  A person should be able to defend their own life by whatever means possible if they are afraid they are about to die. The law in Florida recognizes that fact.

Not guilty.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #685 on: July 31, 2013, 06:40:45 AM »
Again, I was like Prowler (holy shit).

I was disappointed that some guy shot a black kid for being in the wrong place...

Then the media was forced to reveal that Zimmerman nearly got his head smashed in on the sidewalk...

And then it was revealed that the only injury on Travon was the gunshot...

Skin color was no longer even of the slightest consideration in taking a position on whether he was guilty of second degree murder or not. 

Why would anyone have an issue with another person changing their position based on newly discovered, previously unknown facts?  Isn't that what adults - mature adults - are supposed to do?  In my job as a contracts negotiator, I will defend a position vehemently until someone gives me a good reason not to. "Oh - payment terms are net 45 instead of net 30 because it takes time to get government approval to send dollars out of Argentina?  That makes sense.  Ok, I withdraw my objection."

All the facts in a case like this rarely are known until trial.  That has to have been the worst part for Zimmerman. He was tried, convicted and executed in the media this whole time, because the media had total control of the narrative. He had to wait all this time to give his side of the story while all this hate was whipped up against him. Had the media done its real job, and reported in an unbiased manner without rushing to judgment, there would have been no overwhelming outcry when the results didn't fit the media's script.

Skin color is irrelevant when someone is on top of you and smashing your head into the pavement. It doesn't matter why they are there. It doesn't matter how they got there, or what was said or wasn't said or done or not done.  Bottom line:  A person should be able to defend their own life by whatever means possible if they are afraid they are about to die. The law in Florida recognizes that fact.

Not guilty.
Exactly. The media is partly to blame for all of the riots and you know what, they love it...it's their Fourth of July. They created a shit storm, and they get to sit back and watch it all unfold. The TMZ/Get the story out before confirmation media will do absolutely nothing for our Country except tear it apart.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:43:19 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #686 on: July 31, 2013, 09:39:44 AM »
The most frustrating thing about this is the media still won't stray from the script. When it's discussed on news panel shows, and podcasts, etc. even people that are in favor of the verdict seem to be afraid to call the race baiters out when they say things like "What am I supposed to tell my children?? That it is open season to shoot black children for no reason? That they don't belong in society and can be hunted?" Bitch, you tell them not to assault people. Plain and simple. IF Zimmerman was out of bounds in his suspicion, you explain to him what you were doing, kill him with kindness and make him feel like the racist dick that is (in that hypothetical). I don't understand why that's so hard to see.

The New Orleans case, I don't believe got much attention outside of our local news. But even in that case, people continue that narrative of the white man hunting down black kids for no reason. The police report that there was no intention to break in and his life was not in danger. That's fucking asinine. The kid was in his fenced in yard at 2am. Was he just enjoying the view? Him and his buddy are on surveillance video casing the place all evening. Have we lost our goddamn minds? This guy was locked up, posted $100,000 bond, and was suspended without pay from his job, and on top of all that, labeled as a racist child murderer for protecting his home from burglary, and reasonable to assume his and his family's lives? What do you tell your children? Not to fucking break into people's homes. Problem solved. He'd still be alive today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #687 on: July 31, 2013, 09:43:25 AM »
The most frustrating thing about this is the media still won't stray from the script. When it's discussed on news panel shows, and podcasts, etc. even people that are in favor of the verdict seem to be afraid to call the race baiters out when they say things like "What am I supposed to tell my children?? That it is open season to shoot black children for no reason? That they don't belong in society and can be hunted?" Bitch, you tell them not to assault people. Plain and simple. IF Zimmerman was out of bounds in his suspicion, you explain to him what you were doing, kill him with kindness and make him feel like the racist richard that is (in that hypothetical). I don't understand why that's so hard to see.

The New Orleans case, I don't believe got much attention outside of our local news. But even in that case, people continue that narrative of the white man hunting down black kids for no reason. The police report that there was no intention to break in and his life was not in danger. That's fudgeing asinine. The kid was in his fenced in yard at 2am. Was he just enjoying the view? Him and his buddy are on surveillance video casing the place all evening. Have we lost our goddamn minds? This guy was locked up, posted $100,000 bond, and was suspended without pay from his job, and on top of all that, labeled as a racist child murderer for protecting his home from burglary, and reasonable to assume his and his family's lives? What do you tell your children? Not to fudgeing break into people's homes. Problem solved. He'd still be alive today.

He like to steal a little bit, but he wouldn't shoot no gun...

Like that's ok.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #688 on: July 31, 2013, 09:51:17 AM »
The most frustrating thing about this is the media still won't stray from the script. When it's discussed on news panel shows, and podcasts, etc. even people that are in favor of the verdict seem to be afraid to call the race baiters out when they say things like "What am I supposed to tell my children?? That it is open season to shoot black children for no reason? That they don't belong in society and can be hunted?" Bitch, you tell them not to assault people. Plain and simple. IF Zimmerman was out of bounds in his suspicion, you explain to him what you were doing, kill him with kindness and make him feel like the racist dick that is (in that hypothetical). I don't understand why that's so hard to see.

The New Orleans case, I don't believe got much attention outside of our local news. But even in that case, people continue that narrative of the white man hunting down black kids for no reason. The police report that there was no intention to break in and his life was not in danger. That's fucking asinine. The kid was in his fenced in yard at 2am. Was he just enjoying the view? Him and his buddy are on surveillance video casing the place all evening. Have we lost our goddamn minds? This guy was locked up, posted $100,000 bond, and was suspended without pay from his job, and on top of all that, labeled as a racist child murderer for protecting his home from burglary, and reasonable to assume his and his family's lives? What do you tell your children? Not to fucking break into people's homes. Problem solved. He'd still be alive today.

Why do you hate black people?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #689 on: July 31, 2013, 11:19:23 AM »
Why do you hate black people?
I don't know who hates but I do know there are a lot of people who like to take the most advantageous side on an issue. Fair weather promoters of justice, if you will. They are easy to spot if you know how.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #690 on: July 31, 2013, 11:27:55 AM »
I don't know who hates but I do know there are a lot of people who like to take the most advantageous side on an issue. Fair weather promoters of justice, if you will. They are easy to spot if you know how.
WTF are you talking about man? Out with it. "Fair weather promoters of justice"? What is that code for? Are you mad at me for originally defending Trayvon, or for now defending Zimmerman? I can't even tell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #691 on: July 31, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »

I think you should just address your concerns with Chad directly.  Instead of all the hinting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #692 on: July 31, 2013, 11:30:21 AM »
I think you should just address your concerns with Chad directly.
Or at least check your PMs...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #693 on: July 31, 2013, 12:02:36 PM »
I think you should just address your concerns with Chad directly.  Instead of all the hinting.
I don't have to hint. I'm big enough to take care of myself. If I have something to say to someone I say it directly to them. If I'm making a generalized statement, then it doesn't need to be directed at anyone in particular. Believe me, I know how things can escalate. Been there, done that. Literally for too long of a time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #694 on: July 31, 2013, 12:04:54 PM »
I don't have to hint. I'm big enough to take care of myself. If I have something to say to someone I say it directly to them. If I'm making a generalized statement, then it doesn't need to be directed at anyone in particular. Believe me, I know how things can escalate. Been there, done that. Literally for too long of a time.

How big a fella are ya'?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #695 on: July 31, 2013, 12:11:32 PM »
How big a fella are ya'?
I sent you a pm. Check it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #696 on: July 31, 2013, 12:16:53 PM »
I sent you a pm. Check it.

Well damn.  We won't be hearing from Snags now that he has pics of the Wiregrass man meat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #697 on: July 31, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »
Well damn.  We won't be hearing from Snags now that he has pics of the Wiregrass man meat.

He won't look unless it's a shower pic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #698 on: July 31, 2013, 04:29:22 PM »

Wiregrass is a long snapper?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #699 on: July 31, 2013, 04:56:49 PM »
He won't look unless it's a shower pic.

Hey buzz check your pm. In re to mrs Dallas. Ohhh it's a good un!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE