Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Just A Little Foosballz Discussion...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Just A Little Foosballz Discussion...
« on: March 20, 2012, 11:09:20 AM »
Listening to sports talk this morning, the host read some comments from Corch Loeffler.  Not sure where they came from but in short, he was saying he really didn't know what kind of offense he would run.  Said he had only seen film and wouldn't know until he got to see what he had first hand on the field.  He did say they plan to be much more physical.

If anyone read the same, maybe you could post it and see if that's in context, because it didn't give me a warm and fuzzy.  The "Physical" part did, but the way the host was reading it, it came off as him going into Spring not really knowing who his players are and/or what type of offense he would run.  I know I'm probably blowing that out of proportion and it may be as simple as him wondering if they had a QB that can throw it down field or if they'd have to be a grind it out offense or whatever.  I just kind of like the coordinator to be ready to hit the ground running and immediately installing his plan.  Do the players have his play book?  Hope so. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Just A Little Foosballz Discussion...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »
Listening to sports talk this morning, the host read some comments from Corch Loeffler.  Not sure where they came from but in short, he was saying he really didn't know what kind of offense he would run.  Said he had only seen film and wouldn't know until he got to see what he had first hand on the field.  He did say they plan to be much more physical.

If anyone read the same, maybe you could post it and see if that's in context, because it didn't give me a warm and fuzzy.  The "Physical" part did, but the way the host was reading it, it came off as him going into Spring not really knowing who his players are and/or what type of offense he would run.  I know I'm probably blowing that out of proportion and it may be as simple as him wondering if they had a QB that can throw it down field or if they'd have to be a grind it out offense or whatever.  I just kind of like the coordinator to be ready to hit the ground running and immediately installing his plan.  Do the players have his play book?  Hope so.

How could he possibly know what he has beyond some meetings with the kids and film?  He truly won't know what his players can do for another three days.  I would be more worried if he were stating that his system would be run, damn the skills/talents of the players.

I think he's got a few different options/styles and will wait to see what the kids can do before jamming one down their throats (settle down VV).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:13:34 AM »
Settle down Snaggle and quit blowing proportions. Any good OC is going to take what the talent is and morph his X's and O's around it. An OC that comes in hard headed about his play book is doomed for failure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »

Unless Clint stops being a bitch, Fraizer gets some courage and a brain, Pike comes in a lights it up, or Wallace and the walk on kid is a huge surprise, then I would have to figure that we are going to try and grind the ball out on the ground. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »
Settle down Snaggle and quit blowing proportions. Any good OC is going to take what the talent is and morph his X's and O's around it. An OC that comes in hard headed about his play book is doomed for failure.

Gorgeous always said it's about the Jimmie hats...or something like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 11:34:43 AM »
Gorgeous always said it's about the Jimmie hats...or something like that.

Yo, it was a brown wallet.  Had props' numbers...had my jimmy hats.  I gotta get it man....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »
No YOU settle down.  Can't you see the sky is falling and the hammer is coming? 

That's why I said it may have been taken out of context.  I know you have to evaluate your personnel but the guy should know what he was hired to run regardless.  Malzahn was going to run his offense regardless of personnel.  He ran the same offense with Chris Todd as he did with Cam, with the exception of being able to call a lot more runs with Newton's ability.  He knows Emory Blake is a premier receiver in this league.  He knows Philip Frutzenluchen is as good a TE as there is in the country.  He also knows Clint Mosely is a whiney little bitch that can't hit an old lady in a wheelchair from 5 yards away.  He knows he has an All American 250 lb. fullback and a tailback who just fell down when he walked under an air conditioning vent.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 11:39:45 AM »
No YOU settle down.  Can't you see the sky is falling and the hammer is coming? 

That's why I said it may have been taken out of context.  I know you have to evaluate your personnel but the guy should know what he was hired to run regardless.  Malzahn was going to run his offense regardless of personnel.  He ran the same offense with Chris Todd as he did with Cam, with the exception of being able to call a lot more runs with Newton's ability.  He knows Emory Blake is a premier receiver in this league.  He knows Philip Frutzenluchen is as good a TE as there is in the country.  He also knows Clint Mosely is a whiney little bitch that can't hit an old lady in a wheelchair from 5 yards away.  He knows he has an All American 250 lb. fullback and a tailback who just fell down when he walked under an air conditioning vent.   

Or maybe...just maybe...he doesn't know any of that shit.  Cuz he was busy coaching a team in a different conference last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 11:48:45 AM »
Malzahn was going to run his offense regardless of personnel.  He ran the same offense with Chris Todd as he did with Cam, with the exception of being able to call a lot more runs with Newton's ability.
To his detriment, as evidenced last year with Trotsley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 11:51:48 AM »
To his detriment, as evidenced last year with Trotsley.

Didn't you hear? Chizik was holding him back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 11:57:22 AM »
Unless Clint stops being a bitch, Fraizer gets some courage and a brain, Pike comes in a lights it up, or Wallace and the walk on kid is a huge surprise, then I would have to figure that we are going to try and grind the ball out on the ground.

Why did you go there?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 12:09:12 PM »
Keep Calm and Carry...

Scot Loeffler's spring practice wish list at Auburn includes finding playmakers

AUBURN, Alabama -- Looking for a starting quarterback is sure to grab a lot of headlines at Auburn this spring practice -- and in fall practice, too. New offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler says it'll be a lengthy battle between Clint Moseley, Kiehl Frazier and Zeke Pike, and we wrote about that over the weekend.

Here's some stuff that didn't quite make that story on Loeffler, who has spent the last two months recruiting, meeting with the coaching staff, watching every game film from last year, moving his family to their new home and mapping what he'll do in spring practice, which happens to start Friday.

"It's been a whirlwind, to say the least," Loffler says.

Loeffler says he wants to establish a running game first, but he also wants to have more options at receiver than just go-to-guy Emory Blake.

"Our objective, besides running the football, is to find out who our playmakers are. In a perfect world, I hope we have a lot of playmakers and can spread the ball effectively to a bunch of guys," Loeffler said.

Loeffler, who learned the coaching game at Michigan under Lloyd Carr, talked of his year in the NFL. It didn't go well. The Detroit Lions went 0-for-16 in 2008. But Loeffler said he learned a lot, and considered returning to pro ball after leaving Florida after the 2010 season. Instead, he took the offensive coordinator job at Temple.

"It prepped me for what I'm walking into right now -- all the organization, all the planning, all the details in terms of rep distribution," he said.

"I had other opportunities to go back to the NFL, but I love the college game, I love being around kids. I love being able to recruit. The camaraderie at this level is outstanding."

Pro ball?

"Coaching in the SEC West, there's not much difference."

Loeffler said he's in no rush to see if he'll land a head coaching job one day.

"I was taught by Coach Carr at a very young age to take care of your job first. If you do well at your job, good things will happen," he said.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/scot_loefflers_spring_practice.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 12:38:23 PM »
Yo, it was a brown wallet.  Had props' numbers...had my jimmy hats.  I gotta get it man....

Lord have mercy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 12:38:45 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 01:01:09 PM »
So, Loeffler likes being around kids?  Better watch him around the showers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »
Why did you go there?

I was hoping that would get something from you.

:kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 01:28:19 PM »
Lord have mercy

The heat got hotter, Ali starts to curse me
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 01:55:15 PM »
The heat got hotter, Ali starts to curse me

Damn, Tip, what'd you drive so far for?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »
I'm glad we finally got some movie quotes in this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 02:06:45 PM »
I'm glad we finally got some movie quotes in this thread.

pffffffffft

Fail.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions