Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Random cool Auburn Football memories....

JR4AU

Random cool Auburn Football memories....
« on: March 10, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »
Feel free to add your own. 

FWIW, I think the refs got this call wrong.  How could Karlos possess the ball before he came down in bounds with it?  But they gave him the pick, and Auburn the ball.  So no harm no foul.

Rudi Johnson.  Yeah, it's just Wyoming, but this was still cool!

Speedy Ben vs LSU

A look in to the past and the future at the same time perhaps?

I recall hearing Randy Campbell talk about this play.  BC had been putting 2 defenders on Bo in the option, and Randy was keeping the ball.  At a TO just before this play, he told Dye that, and Dye told him to pitch it to Bo regardless. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Random cool Auburn Football memories....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 03:48:51 PM »
Someone's jonesing for Auburn football right now.

Campbell to Taylor 2004 LSU game:

Of course...Sack Brodie.  Please please please be sure to listen to the first ten seconds of the clip.

The "FUCK! Kenny Irons sucks! OH SHIT NO HE DOESN'T!" run:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:07:21 PM »
Someone's jonesing for Auburn football right now.

(Embedding disabled, limit reached) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Yes, and that fucking sux!  WTF GF?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:50:49 AM »
Nix to Sanders I

Nix to Sanders II

Jarret Holmes Iron Bowl Kick in 1997

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:43:56 AM »
Will always love the Lawyer Tillman reverse. One of my fondest memories watching as a young un.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 11:29:38 AM »
Will always love the Lawyer Tillman reverse. One of my fondest memories watching as a young un.

Was pulling Staff duty on a Nuke site in Germany and was suppose to out on the pads doing my one hour check. Saw that whole series instead. Glad no in coming happened at that time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 12:09:47 PM »
Was pulling Staff duty on a Nuke site in Germany and was suppose to out on the pads doing my one hour check. Saw that whole series instead. Glad no in coming happened at that time.

I am pretty sure this is how Pearl Harbor happened.   When the Germans bombed us. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:10:33 PM by bird35 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 12:56:32 PM »
Forget it, he's rolling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
I am pretty sure this is how Pearl Harbor happened.   When the Germans bombed us.

I think even the ruskies were Auburn fans. They would not dare launch during the game. And if memory serves it was about 3:30 or 4 in the morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
One of my most memorable games to go to was the Auburn vs Florida State game back in 1990. I remember hearing the Seminole chant throughout most of the game, even as Auburn was chipping away at their lead. Then Casey Weldon got sacked on 4th down and Auburn marched down the field and won it with a Von Wyl Fieldgoal. Most of the us stayed about an hour after the game doing the Seminole chant back at the FSU fans. It was AWESOME. I didn't think it would ever be topped, until Jumbo invited me to go with him to the National Championship game.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:48:58 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 11:09:35 AM »
FWIW, I think the refs got this call wrong.  How could Karlos possess the ball before he came down in bounds with it?  But they gave him the pick, and Auburn the ball.  So no harm no foul.

Not sure what you mean here? Karlos never held possession of the ball, he grabbed it and before he hit out of bounds tipped it to Dontarious Thomas who was in bounds.  BTW still one of my favorite all time plays.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:10:34 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »
Not sure what you mean here? Karlos never held possession of the ball, he grabbed it and before he hit out of bounds tipped it to Dontarious Thomas who was in bounds.  BTW still one of my favorite all time plays.

One of my faves too. 

I should have been more clear.  They ruled he possessed the ball, and made an illegal forward pass.  As you stated, he never came down in bounds with the ball, thus, under the rules, couldn't have possessed it to make a forward pass.   It should have been ruled a tipped pass as you say.   But, we got the ball, so, no harm done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 09:50:08 AM »
One of my faves too. 

I should have been more clear.  They ruled he possessed the ball, and made an illegal forward pass.  As you stated, he never came down in bounds with the ball, thus, under the rules, couldn't have possessed it to make a forward pass.   It should have been ruled a tipped pass as you say.   But, we got the ball, so, no harm done.

:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 10:02:02 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 04:35:07 PM »
I just mentioned this in another thread.  2005, UGA, I was sick as hell that weekend.  Still in the middle of a stomach virus and had been puking my guts up, but was up to watch this game.  When Cox hit Aromashodu I was jumping up and down yelling.  My wife was wondering what in the hell was going on. 

2011 Arkansas, USCe, LSU, Iron Bowl, SECCG, BCSCG, pretty much the whole damn season. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan