Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Peyton Manning no longer a Colt

JR4AU

Peyton Manning no longer a Colt
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »
As if we didn't see this coming.  Emotional presser. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Peyton Manning no longer a Colt
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »
As if we didn't see this coming.  Emotional presser.

He's gonna be a dolphin.....Unless he's not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 01:26:48 PM »

Talking heads on ESPN say top 4 are Dolphins, Jets, Redskins, Cardinals. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 01:32:27 PM »
Talking heads on ESPN say top 4 are Dolphins, Jets, Redskins, Cardinals.

I don't know who I'd put money on, but he's played in a dome his entire career.  That helps the Cardinals.  He wants total control of the offense.  That rules out the Redskins (owner be crazy).  If he's truly healthy again, he won't to play for a run-first team that plays strong defense.  That hurts the Jets.  The Dolphins are the worst team in a conference that includes the Patriots, the Bills, and the Jets.  That hurts the Dolphins. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 01:34:03 PM »

I fucking hope to god not, but I am sure it will happen as the Dolphins continue to make the stupidest decisions ever.

:facepalm:

I swear to god Prowler with a staff of actual monkeys would make a better GM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:35:11 PM »
I think Irsay screwed the pooch on this one. I know he was due a signing bonus, but bringing Manning back for a couple of years to finish his career and mentor Luck into a world class QB, to me, is priceless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 01:37:20 PM »
Dooley out.  Manning in at Tennessee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »
I think Irsay screwed the pooch on this one. I know he was due a signing bonus, but bringing Manning back for a couple of years to finish his career and mentor Luck into a world class QB, to me, is priceless.

Agree completely and he has just pissed away any goodwill.  The pressure will be on Luck to win and win early. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 01:57:07 PM »
I don't know who I'd put money on, but he's played in a dome his entire career.  That helps the Cardinals.  He wants total control of the offense.  That rules out the Redskins (owner be crazy).  If he's truly healthy again, he won't to play for a run-first team that plays strong defense.  That hurts the Jets.  The Dolphins are the worst team in a conference that includes the Patriots, the Bills, and the Jets.  That hurts the Dolphins.

I'm hearing a lot about the Cards.  He and Larry Fitzgerald would certainly be a great pair. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 01:59:32 PM »
Agree completely and he has just pissed away any goodwill.  The pressure will be on Luck to win and win early.

Luck is going to be stepping in to a team that is devoid of talent for the most part, and what talent it does have, is mostly old.  The pressure may be on him, but he's not going to win early and often. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 02:03:09 PM »
I'm hearing a lot about the Cards.  He and Larry Fitzgerald would certainly be a great pair.

This is by far Mannnings best bet. They have some decent talent, just haven't had a QB to make something of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 02:05:18 PM »
I fucking hope to god not, but I am sure it will happen as the Dolphins continue to make the stupidest decisions ever.

:facepalm:

I swear to god Prowler with a staff of actual monkeys would make a better GM.

Shit, this would be the best QB that the Phins would have in the past 20 years. Besides, this is right down the Miami's alley.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 02:41:11 PM »
Shit, this would be the best QB that the Phins would have in the past 20 years. Besides, this is right down the Miami's alley.     

I agree however, here is my opinion why it would be monumentally stupid.  No knock against Peyton he is a great QB and leader. He has had a spectacular run but...

First off huge risk, we still don't know if he can play, and if he can play how good is he going to be? Second, this is a win now philosophy. Everything the Dolphins have been doing has been building for the future, IMO we would need to bring in some free agents on the defensive side of the ball as well as another veteran receiver. Ask the jets how putting a piece meal team from free agency has worked out for them? 

I would rather see the Dolphins take a chance on RG III and continue to build the team with talent then have 1 or 2 successful seasons and go back into the crapper.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »
I agree however, here is my opinion why it would be monumentally stupid.  No knock against Peyton he is a great QB and leader. He has had a spectacular run but...

First off huge risk, we still don't know if he can play, and if he can play how good is he going to be? Second, this is a win now philosophy. Everything the Dolphins have been doing has been building for the future, IMO we would need to bring in some free agents on the defensive side of the ball as well as another veteran receiver. Ask the jets how putting a piece meal team from free agency has worked out for them? 

I would rather see the Dolphins take a chance on RG III and continue to build the team with talent then have 1 or 2 successful seasons and go back into the crapper.

Where are the Dolphins picking?  If they have a legit shot at RGIX(54-12), that's the better way to go.  He's got the skillz and could be your guy for the next 8-10 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »

They showed some video this morning of him working out recently.  He can play.  He's been medically cleared.  I don't think it's a risk anymore than any other aging free agent QB.  Whoever gets him will only have him 3 years max. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 02:48:48 PM »

Can't disagree with this whatsoever. The glass half empty tells me that this will not be the case and the Phins will find them another shitastic QB like always. The bit about Manning was sort of sarcasm towards the Phins concerning this very thing. Not that I think Manning would be bad, its just like you said, no one really knows if he is even half capable of what he once was. Again, its the gamble that Miami is so often eager to make and it never work out to their benefit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 02:54:47 PM »
They showed some video this morning of him working out recently.  He can play.  He's been medically cleared.  I don't think it's a risk anymore than any other aging free agent QB.  Whoever gets him will only have him 3 years max.

Yeah so I have heard, let me ask what happens when he gets blindsided by a 265 lb LB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 03:01:07 PM »
Yeah so I have heard, let me ask what happens when he gets blindsided by a 265 lb LB?

According to what I've heard, there's no extra risks.  This past season wasn't about the injury itself, but nerve regeneration after surgery.  Again, he's been medically cleared to play. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »

Not sure why the Phins can't sign Manning (as he only has a couple of years left anyway), pick up RG3 and let Manning mentor him. Not sure what they have to lose by signing Manning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE