Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Peyton Manning no longer a Colt

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Peyton Manning no longer a Colt
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »
Peyton has only visited Denver and Arizona so far.  However, he's visiting Tennessee today, and Miami is confident (for whatever reason) that they will get a visit from him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278aba0/article/titans-preparing-for-visit-from-peyton-manning-early-this-week?module=HP11_hot_topics
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »
Peyton has only visited Denver and Arizona so far.  However, he's visiting Tennessee today, and Miami is confident (for whatever reason) that they will get a visit from him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278aba0/article/titans-preparing-for-visit-from-peyton-manning-early-this-week?module=HP11_hot_topics
Doubtful after they traded Brandon Marshall, now we really suck.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:52:53 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 09:00:11 PM »

I heard that may have been done, in part, to make more cap room so that maybe Peyton could bring Reggie Wayne with him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 09:49:25 PM »
I heard that may have been done, in part, to make more cap room so that maybe Peyton could bring Reggie Wayne with him.

Do you remember when the Braves lost the 1982 NCLS to St. Louis and then went out and snatched a few old washed up Cardinals for their roster?

Ken Oberkfell. Bruce Sutter. Lonnie Smith eventually.  Worked out well.  Or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 09:56:27 PM »
Do you remember when the Braves lost the 1982 NCLS to St. Louis and then went out and snatched a few old washed up Cardinals for their roster?

Ken Oberkfell. Bruce Sutter. Lonnie Smith eventually.  Worked out well.  Or not.

I was actually a Bravos fan then.  Yeah, I recall, but Manning makes any team without a QB better.  But it's a short term fix. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 10:18:58 PM »
I was actually a Bravos fan then.  Yeah, I recall, but Manning makes any team without a QB better.  But it's a short term fix.

Sutter was going to save us.  Son of a bitch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 10:27:57 PM »
Sutter was going to save us.  Son of a bitch.

If only Hrabosky could have hung on a year or 2 more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2012, 01:41:24 AM »
Traded Marshall to open up room for Wayne...then Manning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2012, 09:19:18 AM »
Traded Marshall to open up room for Wayne...then Manning.

He has re-signed with the colts
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2012, 09:46:32 AM »
I still don't want him on the phins.  I think Denver makes the most sense.  They are in a position to win now, their division is a joke, they have a good upper management team and coach, and plenty of cap room. 

The plague of locusts would only last so long.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:47:10 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »
I still don't want him on the phins.  I think Denver makes the most sense.  They are in a position to win now, their division is a joke, they have a good upper management team and coach, and plenty of cap room. 

The plague of locusts would only last so long.

Maybe after Cutler gets the axe from da Bears, he can sign with Miami.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 12:16:03 PM »
Maybe after Cutler gets the axe from da Bears, he can sign with Miami.
One can only hope.

I was actually hoping they would go after Jason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »
NFL.com's skreetz are whack, yo.

Despite what their previous article said, Manning apparently met with the Dolphins on Monday, not the Titans.  The Titans are flying out some time today to meet with Manning, presumably in North Carolina.  Manning has not worked out with any team yet, but indicates that he would be willing to work out with teams that he considers "serious finalists."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7683959/2012-nfl-free-agency-tennessee-titans-owner-says-peyton-manning-meeting-wednesday
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

djsimp

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 02:37:25 PM »
I was actually hoping they would go after Jason.

Too good to be true. No way that would happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2012, 02:29:20 PM »
Broncos - "We can offer you a solid team ready for the playoffs."
Miami - "We can offer you sunny weather, a good offensive line, and a chance to compete with Tom Brady."
Cardinals - "We can offer you Fitzgerald, a dome, and a chance to play in the NFC."
Titans - "Fuck all that.  We can offer you part of the team."

Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams said he plans to offer Peyton Manning a contract that would make the star quarterback a member of his franchise “for life.”

He actually can do it, too.

FOXSports.com has learned that kind of unusual arrangement isn’t barred under NFL rules. It also could set a precedent for other franchises that might want to sweeten the pot when courting star players.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Titans can offer Manning a contract addendum with the promise of a front-office position once his playing days have ended. Such a deal would not count against Tennessee’s salary cap, but the salary must be considered fair-market value for whatever front-office position Manning is promised, whether as an administrator or coach.

Theoretically, that means the Titans can guarantee Manning a future executive’s role that carries a seven-figure annual salary without taking a cap hit.

Such an arrangement would be unprecedented under the collective bargaining agreement. The deal, like all player contracts, also would require the approval of the NFL’s management council.

Adams, though, cannot promise Manning an ownership stake in the franchise. Such arrangements must first be approved by the league. There also would be salary-cap ramifications if an active player agreed to a deal that allowed him or a family member to become a part-owner either while still playing or in the future.

Adams told KHOU-TV in Houston on Wednesday that he wants Manning to become part of the Titans “for life.” In an article on the NFL’s website, analyst Mike Lombardi wrote that part of Adams’ sales pitch might include “a promise Manning could be part of the Tennessee Titans’ organization after his playing days are through.”

Such a pact must be done in writing. The NFL has previously sanctioned teams that have tried swinging under-the-table arrangements to circumvent the salary cap.

In 2000, the San Francisco 49ers were fined $300,000 and stripped of third- and fifth-round draft picks for striking “side deals” that would filter financial benefits to two players. One of those players was tight end Brent Jones. He was allegedly promised a bonus for doing offseason work to promote the franchise’s efforts to get a new stadium built in San Francisco.

The Titans might still be able to land Manning without the guarantee of a front-office job or future ownership. Manning took a visit to the Titans' headquarters Wednesday, marking the fourth meeting he has had with an interested suitor since his release last week by Indianapolis. Denver, Arizona and Miami also have made pitches to Manning.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peyton-manning-tennessee-titans-can-offer-lifetime-deal-031512
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:45:12 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2012, 03:29:10 PM »
Hey GF, you weren't too skippy on Manning so it looks like you get your wish.  Heard this morning that Miami is out of the running and Green Bay back up, Matt Flynn is interviewing with the Fins today.  You Super Bowlin', baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2012, 03:42:29 PM »
Hey GF, you weren't too skippy on Manning so it looks like you get your wish.  Heard this morning that Miami is out of the running and Green Bay back up, Matt Flynn is interviewing with the Fins today.  You Super Bowlin', baby.

:rolleyes:  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2012, 05:10:45 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2012, 10:47:48 AM »

Seattle bound.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
I don't get the whole hype for Matt Flynn. Front page of ESPN NFL Has the heading

Problem Solver: The QB position has been a source of concern for Seattle, but Matt Flynn changes all that. 

The guy had one outstanding game for GB and now he is the best thing since sliced bread.  If I seem to recall Kevin Kolb did something similar when he was at Philadelphia only it was over a series of games.   How has he been working out for Arizona...oh yeah didn't they just make a mega deal to move up to get RGIII.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum