Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lolley Out?

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Lolley Out?
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »

Son, when ya blitz - one side's band is gonna play. Understand son?

That you, Wayne?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2012, 03:18:34 PM »
Coach...Coach I think I broke my dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2012, 03:23:10 PM »

Rub some dirt on it and get back in there
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »

Since you're not going to speak, you WILL rub my feet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2012, 03:35:28 PM »
That you, Wayne?

Who said that? Who the fuck said that? Who's the slimy little communist shit, twinkle-toed cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy fucking godmother said it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2012, 03:58:14 PM »
Are we allowed to use the term Coach Taco here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2012, 04:25:41 PM »
Who said that? Who the fuck said that? Who's the slimy little communist shit, twinkle-toed cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy fucking godmother said it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »
From an OU sportswriter:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportspost.aspx?Happy_about_Mike_Stoops_Then_take_just_a_minute_and_be_sad_about_Willie_Martinez/12-13796&r=1185
Happy about Mike Stoops? Then take just a minute and be sad about Willie Martinez
1/16/2012 7:51:00 PM

Lost in all the fervor over Mike Stoops’ return and Brent Venables (possible) departure from Oklahoma was the untimely exit of a good coach, a good recruiter and a good man.

Willie Martinez hit the road. Bob Stoops was careful to call it a resignation. Said Martinez would pursue other opportunities.

But semantics aside, Martinez is the first assistant coach Bob Stoops has fired in his 13 seasons steering the Sooners’ immense and frequently unwieldy vessel.

Clearly, Stoops has done it right. Until Martinez, everyone who left Norman did so for a head coaching job, a coordinator’s job or something in the NFL. That’s an extremely rare accomplishment in a business where four or five years is considered a lengthy tenure. Bob Stoops deserves major plaudits for that.

Stoops comes from a coaching family. Loyalty is his signature characteristic. Image — the image of doing things the right way, of treating his fellow coaches the right way — is paramount to him.

The 48-year-old Martinez didn’t deserve to become the first to fall under Stoops’ axe. Not by a long stretch. It’s just the way the lava cooled after Mike Stoops was fired at Arizona. There was nothing he could do about it. With two years tenure in Norman, he fit the last-hired, first-fired mold anyway. The heat that came down on his defensive backs this past season didn’t help.

I interviewed two new Sooners this weekend, a pair of defensive players, who told me they might not have chosen OU if it weren’t for Martinez.

And these are two guys the Sooners need in their immediate future: junior college cornerback Kass Everett and junior college defensive end Chaz Nelson. They both could start next season in positions of immediate need — positions where the Sooners’ two most reliable defenders held things down for two seasons.

Thank you, Willie. Now hit the road.

I’m not being critical of Bob Stoops’ employment practices. Not at all. I commend Stoops for his loyalty. Above all, this is a statement about the painful nature of the business.

It’s also a given that when Bob Stoops’ defense is struggling and his defensive guru brother is looking for a job, somebody’s got to go. Just the way it is.

For my part, I always enjoyed an opportunity to interview Martinez. A seriously strong handshake, a powerful, even booming voice, a laser gaze with a touch of compassion. And when I talked to him, I always left knowing more about defensive back techniques than I ever thought I could.

But I’ll let others, people who knew him well, paint a more complete picture.

Immediately after chatting with Nelson on Sunday night, I interviewed a couple of guys who have worked alongside Martinez the last two years and have gotten to know well both he and his family (Martinez and his wife Kim have a son and two daughters, teenagers/young adults).

The coaches I spoke to are sad to see him go. Although I will protect their identities, I can say they gave him an all-encompassing endorsement.

“We’re gonna miss Willie,” one coach said. “He’s a great guy. A really great guy. A good family man, too. That’s important, now. I mean, he’s a hard worker, a good football coach, a great recruiter, a great guy to have around. A really nice man. And listen, the guy knows his stuff.

“But he’ll be all right. He’ll land somewhere and he’ll do great, just like he did here.”

— John E. Hoover
Written by
John Hoover
OU Sports Writer

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »

Is that you John Wayne was first in this thread asshole. Actually Bobby Bowden was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2012, 09:02:37 AM »
Is that you John Wayne was first in this thread asshole. Actually Bobby Bowden was.

Daggummit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2012, 09:10:12 AM »

-20...Wayne Hall, not John Wayne.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2012, 09:19:57 AM »
-20...Wayne Hall, not John Wayne.

Surely you aren't saying Wayne Hall > John Wayne? But it is close.

Actually, Phil Bennett coined the phrase about the band playing but I know Bowden said it a lot as a coach. Did Wayne say that too? Maybe a 'dadgum' would have emphasized the Bowden-ness.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2012, 09:24:04 AM »
Surely you aren't saying Wayne Hall > John Wayne? But it is close.

Actually, Phil Bennett coined the phrase about the band playing but I know Bowden said it a lot as a coach. Did Wayne say that too? Maybe a 'dadgum' would have emphasized the Bowden-ness.

Yeah, I remember Hall saying it all the time.  It is probably the DC equivalent saying to "Jimmies and Joes" for the OCs though...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2012, 09:26:22 AM »
Yeah, I remember Hall saying it all the time.  It is probably the DC equivalent saying to "Jimmies and Joes" for the OCs though...

That would be about the only non X rated thing a Dye coach said during a game or practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2012, 09:48:30 AM »

But not the latest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2012, 09:50:29 AM »

Right now you're down by 30 points and struggling late in the 4th quarter. Whatcha gonna do Bobby?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2012, 10:00:04 AM »
Right now you're down by 30 points and struggling late in the 4th quarter. Whatcha gonna do Bobby?

Depends....whats the score again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2012, 10:44:14 PM »
Coach Martinez is another defensive coach with strong ties to the State of Georgia's defensive stud kats....as well as strong ties to the central regions of Florida.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs