Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lolley Out?

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Lolley Out?
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Martinez_%28American_football%29
Meh. Was he fired at Oklahoma? My understanding is that he "resigned" much in the same way Ted Roof "resigned".

A good position coach doesn't always make a good coordinator, like THS said, him and the stache used to wreck shit at UGA.  I will take him.

Coach Martinez (DB Coach), Coach Thigpen (LB Coach).....BOOM!!!!

Heard the same thing last night which makes me happy.  It puts Thig back to what he has always coached and it give BVG the ability to be a roaming coordinator.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 09:34:25 AM »
WM = good/decent DB coach

WM = NOT a good DC

^^^This^^^
He and VanGorder worked well together at UGA, so hopefully they can find a good spot for Thigpen now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 09:41:25 AM »

WM = NOT a good DC
I don't recall Oklahoma's secondary being forces of destruction. Especially not in that OK State game...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »
The good news is that a dawgie fan posted earlier on ITAT that Martinez was a proponent of coaching the DBs to play the receiver's eyes...not to look back for the ball.  The learning curve won't be as difficult at least...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 09:58:42 AM »
I don't recall Oklahoma's secondary being forces of destruction. Especially not in that OK State game...

If what wench is saying is correct (and I think it is), he would have been already halfway out the door at the time of Bedlam. A good coach can look bad if the chemistry isn't there, morale is low, etc. We, as Auburn fans, should know that as good as anyone. His entire body of work is pretty decent. Notice, I didn't say excellent coach, I said good/decent. He is an upgrade over what we had.  And BVG certainly is an improvement.

BVG/WM > Roof/Lolley

EDIT: I see where WM's secondary at Oklahoma was ranked #23 nationally in Pass D Eff. It was top 20 before the Okl State game. Auburn was 86th.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:07:34 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2012, 10:06:46 AM »
My opinion has pretty much been stated by others. Maybe the guy just feels better as a position coach who knows but I will say that he has done pretty well for himself in that position. You take that and add with the fact that Thig can go back to coaching the LB's and that the VG/Willie combo is together again, I certainly think we will see a VAST improvement in the Auburn D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 10:08:17 AM »
Are we allowed to use the term Coach Taco here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
Wait he has worked with Van Stache before?  I thought coordinators weren't allowed to bring in their own people?

WTF is going down on the plains?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2012, 10:11:56 AM »
Wait he has worked with Van Stache before?  I thought coordinators weren't allowed to bring in their own people?

It's pandemonium down there...just a matter of time before the NCAA puts the hammer to them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »
Are we allowed to use the term Coach Taco here?

I thought on the X we can call them whatever the fuck we want to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2012, 10:25:57 AM »
I thought on the X we can call them whatever the fuck we want to.

Correct response. 

They aren't dammit! The HC does the hiring and firing! All of it! This is bullshit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
Correct response. 

They aren't dammit! The HC does the hiring and firing! All of it! This is bullshit!

This can't go unnoticed. Joe Schad will be on this in a minute.

Its crazy down there at the Barn. Them aubs are the most corrupt there is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2012, 01:50:22 PM »

WM = NOT a good DC

Except for 2009, when UGA was mediocre to teh suxxors on both sides of the ball, his defensive numbers were pretty solid.  Even in 2009, they weren't Auburn/Roof like suckage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »
Wasn't he a pretty good recruiter for UGA as well....that means something doesn't it?  I mean I know recruiting isn't important and all...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »
Wasn't he a pretty good recruiter for UGA as well....that means something doesn't it?  I mean I know recruiting isn't important and all...

He's not much for the X's and O's.  Martinez will bring in the Jimmy's and Joe's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2012, 02:12:08 PM »
Except for 2009, when UGA was mediocre to teh suxxors on both sides of the ball, his defensive numbers were pretty solid.  Even in 2009, they weren't Auburn/Roof like suckage.

Correct. Even as a DC he wasn't "Roof" bad. I remember his D's having a habit of giving up long plays in crucial times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2012, 02:16:19 PM »
Correct. Even as a DC he wasn't "Roof" bad. I remember his D's having a habit of giving up long plays in crucial times.

If he can bring this to the table at Auburn, we're in for an exciting time.

Wait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2012, 02:22:41 PM »
If he can bring this to the table at Auburn, we're in for an exciting time.

Wait.

Son, when ya blitz - one side's band is gonna play. Understand son?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2012, 02:36:06 PM »
Dear lord, we pray that we may win this game today. We ask that you give us the strength and the courage to win our 2nd straight state championship. We ask lord that nobody on our side is seriously injured. We know that we are the best team. We ask that you allow us to win this game. The lord wants you to put your foot on their balls and believe in it, because that's what wins football games. Not jumping offsides like a bunch of wimps and faggots.

Alright lift your heads boys, prayers over. I talked to god. I'm thru talking to god, now I'm talking to you. You're gonna be out there in front of your families, the student body, every girl you ever had a hard on for is gonna be out there today but you will not be going to no sock-hop tonight boys, you will not get no honey on your stinger if you don't go out there and bust your ass. Because this is it. This is the big one. I want you to taste it. I want you to smell it son. There's winners and there's nothing else. I don't give a shit what those pinkos over in Russia say. You want to be a loser you go live in Russia. I'm not a loser. I'm a winner. I'm an American. Who wants to be John Wayne? Who wants to grab a root and hang on? Who wants to get a mean on? Get a mean on son. Let me see you get a mean on son. Now who wants it? I want to know, who wants this? Who wants to get a mean on? Who wants it? Let's go!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2012, 02:54:38 PM »
You kind of look like a combo Liberace meets Prince's mom. But it's groovy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."