Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What Happened To The Stoppers?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: What Happened To The Stoppers?
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 12:52:36 PM »
I would counter by saying that the landscape of both the SEC and recruiting in general have changed drastically since even 2004.  I commend this staff for what they've done and their appraoch to recruiting, but I also expect it, in one sense, demand it. It's their job. They should be going after the top talent in the country each and every year and with the facilities, staff, history, support, conference etc. we should be getting our share of studs.

I haven't looked at their classes but I'll venture a guess that neither Bama nor LSU are signing many 2* guys these days either. (And spare me the Honey Badger 2* reference)  And since AU just played for a MNC, I wouldn't expect them to be scouring the rough for diamonds.  Here's the thing.  Hear me now but believe me last Thursday, I'm not upset with signing Nero.  A bad ass 290 D-lineman is always welcome.  And Cassanova Chik-Filet looks to be a big, solid LB that we need.  Totally happy with Holsey and all of them.  I guess it's just inflated expectations on my part.  When I watched Lord Saybinz' and The Hat's guys play defense this year and sit there in awe, fucking studs at EVERY position....and then I think about how we're coming out 3 of the worst defensive years in Auburn history.....I was really hoping what we did on offense this year would have been reversed..and we'd be saying that about our defensive recruiting efforts. 

Not pissed at who we got....just wanted more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 12:53:58 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 12:56:53 PM »
congrats JR..modified and on front page.

http://www.tigersx.com/recruiting/did-auburn-fail-at-recruting/

Who made you king of everything?

Oh..right....never mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 01:04:54 PM »
Who made you king of everything?

Oh..right....never mind.

Forum God bitch!!!

You best axxx som'body
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 01:10:58 PM »
I think I said this with far fewer words already.

But, you are spot on.

So it was spot on but verbose and redundant ? Is that positive or negative points ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 01:12:06 PM »
So it was spot on but verbose and redundant ? Is that positive or negative points ?

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 01:20:14 PM »
The only time Tubs ever got on a plane was to go to Miami. 

This staff hasn't signed a single 2 star in the last 2 classes, and of the handful they did in 2009 and 2010, one was a good kicker (Steven Clark), and one was Darren Bates, who according to his commitment date just days prior to NSD, was a Chizik recruit, or at least one he honored from Tubs offer. 

Simply not true and you are full of shit.  He got on a plane and went to Arkansas as well every year.

Bates got an offer b/c we were there recruiting Aubrey Phillips.  Bates was his teammate and the coach showed Chiz some tape of him and he offered on the spot after watching his tape.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 01:41:10 PM »
Simply not true and you are full of shit.  He got on a plane and went to Arkansas as well every year.

Bates got an offer b/c we were there recruiting Aubrey Phillips.  Bates was his teammate and the coach showed Chiz some tape of him and he offered on the spot after watching his tape.

THIS guy knows!! Flirting with lesser jobs, duck hunting. There was a lot he needed to do around them parts. Way too far for a bus ride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 03:52:05 PM »
I would counter by saying ...

You cannot counter anything that makes the front page.  It's a rule!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 03:54:03 PM »
I prayed for Chris Todd to recover from shoulder surgery. We had a salty offensive line, a couple of good receivers and a workhorse back (damn, that dude was from Maryland) that we leaned on with that group of defensive leaders that Snaggle mentioned earlier in this thread.

Sure feels like '08-'09 to me only with better special teams and the all too frequent QB dilemma on the way.

And someone said that recruiting classes are only realized several years down the road. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »
You cannot counter anything that makes the front page.  It's a rule!

You....I......just let me......doh, I got nuthin'.  Damn rules
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 05:52:48 PM »

he's also been spotted on the ski slopes in aspen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions