Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Eat Mor Chikin

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Eat Mor Chikin
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »
Got to love his loyalty.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/cassanova-mckinzy-spurned-clemson-because-didn-t-chick-015506961.html
Cassanova McKinzy spurned Clemson because he missed the Chick-Fil-A
By Graham Watson

What's really important to a college football athlete when choosing the right school? Location, academics, the ability to start early?

How about a school's proximity to Chick-fil-A?

That's apparently what swayed Birmingham, Ala., linebacker Cassanova McKinzy from Clemson to Auburn. When McKinzy visited the Clemson campus, there was no Chick-fil-A in sight, and that just wasn't acceptable.

"[It was] kind of the environment and plus they had no Chick-fil-A on campus," McKinzy said when asked why he didn't choose Clemson (scroll ahead to the 1:30 mark in the video). "You had to go like, probably like 15 minutes off campus to go to like a real restaurant. Their café was kind of small."

Never mind that there is a Chick-fil-A on Clemson's campus. Clearly this crucial fact was not highlighted on McKinzy's visit. And if you've ever been to a Chick-fil-A, you can sympathize with McKinzy. There's no better way to start a morning than with a spicy chicken biscuit and no better way to settle into an evening of studying than with some waffle fries.

I had never tasted Chick-fil-A before attending college and I can honestly say it was one of the reasons why I stayed.

Of course, McKinzy goes on to say something about the Clemson facilities being too far away from the classes and dorms, but we know the perceived absence of Chick-fil-A was the real reason for him choosing Auburn.

Perhaps whoever McKinzy's hosts were at Clemson took him to the wrong part of campus.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Eat Mor Chikin
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:57:41 AM »
Sense of humor.........................Cass has one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 10:57:56 AM »
Note to Auburn.

Get all major fast food restaurants moved on campus before the NCAA closes this loophole.  Just think of the advantage we are getting over other schools.  It's not right Pawllllllllll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:04:20 AM »
I'm guessing Cass has a sense of humor too, and it wasn't a big deal.  He did apparently at least think about it though.  Just goes to show that you never know what gets these kids interested, or is important to them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:04:30 AM »
BOOM CHAMPIONSHIP!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 11:05:17 AM »
Note to Auburn.

Get all major fast food restaurants moved on campus before the NCAA closes this loophole.  Just think of the advantage we are getting over other schools.  It's not right Pawllllllllll.

Dan Cathy is the bagman, PAAAAAAAAWWWWWWL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 11:05:40 AM »
Ive been to Clemson a couple of times, and with all due respect to Clemson - it is NOT Auburn with a Lake. Not even close. And he is right about the distance between ciritical things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »
I guess this means Clemson was not offering a vehicle in their recruiting efforts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »
Dan Cathy is the bagman, PAAAAAAAAWWWWWWL

The money actually funneled through Dwarf House.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 02:07:53 PM »
What makes this extra awesome is that the next game both of these teams will play is Auburn vs. Clemson in the Chick-Fil-A Classic.

It's like the joke wrote itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 02:16:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 02:32:09 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 05:02:19 PM »
Tommy had some good commercials.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jmar

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 09:11:18 PM »
Holy shit....thats GOLD.
Wait a minute...that place offers schollys doesn't it?
Saybinz must have already explored the options.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions