Ears to the skreets
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Brian Van Gorder - New AU DC
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »
I have zero doubt that Coach Van Gorder was the man on top of "his" list (not the list of fans)....since Van Gorder also runs the Tampa 2 & I'm sure they've become friends since Coach Chizik replaced him back in '98 after Coach Van Gorder left UCF to become the DC at Central Michigan (his home State).
Very excited about the prospects of improvement under Van Gorder's direction as Coach Chizik again goes yard with a bigtime hire and a name well associated with defense. Linebacker will again be a strongsuit at Auburn.
I have no doubt our leader will fill the OC position with the right choice(s), QB coach included. War Damn Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2012, 05:15:42 PM »
WAIT...are you excited cause he will be better than Roof or your hoping he sanduskies the players.
Nope, I'm excited that it can only get better.  And no, VV has been here all day.  I said boners, not lady wood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2012, 05:24:29 PM »
You're just pissed because you didn't get the DC job.

When Chiz's number popped up on my caller ID, I didn't even answer it, it was for the best where Auburn is concerned.   I don't run Tampa 2.  Neither did Auburn this year, at least not as a base, if at all, but don't tell Prowler. 

What BVG runs?  I have no clue other than 4-3. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2012, 05:29:30 PM »
You're just pissed because you didn't get the DC job.

ROFLOPTER
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »
Mmmaaaannnn oh man!  I can't wait to see what this defense is like. 

When you combine this

with this

and this

HEADS.  WILL.  SWIVEL. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »
BVG also won a Broyles award while at UGA and was a finalist another time.   I'm liking this guy more and more the more I learn about him.  Also, quite funny that with all the skreetz and innerwebz rumors, this guys name was never mentioned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2012, 05:51:44 PM »
BVG also won a Broyles award while at UGA and was a finalist another time.   I'm liking this guy more and more the more I learn about him.  Also, quite funny that with all the skreetz and innerwebz rumors, this guys name was never mentioned.
Probably because no one thought he'd ever come back to the collegiate level if not for a HC gig.  Also, no one figured Coach Chizik would or could hit a Grand Slam hire for DC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2012, 08:59:51 PM »

That is fantastic!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2012, 10:39:59 PM »
Apparently BVG and Orange Pants Dooley are BFFs and as early as this morning, one of the Volunthug boards was thinking they were gonna get him as DC.

So pissing off ball lickers and toothless hillbillies all at the same time = a good day. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2012, 07:28:41 AM »
Rankings per the NCAA

2001            SEC                  National
Total             6                        49
Pass              9                        96
Rush              3                        15
Scoring          3                        17

Total             4                        15
Pass              9                        31
Rush              3                        19
Scoring          1                         4

Total              2                        4
Pass               1                        6
Rush               3                       13
Scoring           2                        3

Total              4                        8
Pass               6                        16
Rush              3                         15
Scoring           3                        9

From his time at UGA

I would suggest taking his entire career into account not just cherry picking.  Hope I'm wrong!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:29:30 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2012, 07:38:44 AM »
I would suggest taking his entire career into account not just cherry picking.  Hope I'm wrong!
That is his entire career at Georgia, which was his last CFB DC stop. Not cherry picking.

He was a terrible HC in a failed one year experiment, but I don't see how that's remotely relevant.

He has not been chopped liver at Atlanta, and even if he wasn't the best, we all know NFL coaching success <> college coaching success.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2012, 08:01:49 AM »
That is his entire career at Georgia, which was his last CFB DC stop. Not cherry picking.

He was a terrible HC in a failed one year experiment, but I don't see how that's remotely relevant.

He has not been chopped liver at Atlanta, and even if he wasn't the best, we all know NFL coaching success <> college coaching success.

I would say the bottom third in pass defense qualifies as chopped liver and discounting any other time he has as a DC is skewing the data to say the least, but you are right it does not mean he won't get it done in college.  All I know is he had better. His margin of error is pretty slim after all of us being roofied the last couple of years.  I'm glad everyone is so pumped about a DC who had his last overall successful year as DC almost a decade ago.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:07:43 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »
There are a few Dawg fans here at work. They have some man love for Van Gorder and really hate that he is now gonna be on the Auburn sidelines. They really liked him as their DC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2012, 09:24:53 AM »

True.

He also had the best personnel to work with at UGA. Not exactly Atlanta's strongsuit. If we get the players, he will do good for us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2012, 09:55:01 AM »
True.

He also had the best personnel to work with at UGA. Not exactly Atlanta's strongsuit. If we get the players, he will do good for us.

^^^This man gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »
I would say the bottom third in pass defense qualifies as chopped liver and discounting any other time he has as a DC is skewing the data to say the least, but you are right it does not mean he won't get it done in college.  All I know is he had better. His margin of error is pretty slim after all of us being roofied the last couple of years.  I'm glad everyone is so pumped about a DC who had his last overall successful year as DC almost a decade ago.

Scoring D is what counts.  Show me a SEASON, not a game, A SEASON where he's completely sucked at keeping teams from scoring points, then we can talk. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2012, 09:51:51 AM »
There are a few Dawg fans here at work. They have some man love for Van Gorder and really hate that he is now gonna be on the Auburn sidelines. They really liked him as their DC.
Puppies are about to melt down.

Right after Auburn hires Van Gorder, there are reports that the Falcons are about to hire away Grantham.

:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2012, 10:19:57 AM »
Puppies are about to melt down.

Right after Auburn hires Van Gorder, there are reports that the Falcons are about to hire away Grantham.

:popcorn:

Haha. They will blame Auburn for everything and will make this a life threatening issue while circling their calendars for next year. The puppies always find some lame excuse to hate Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2012, 10:43:32 AM »
Anyone have an idea if the Van Gorder presser will be live? If so, please to be posting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions