Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So...What Now?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: So...What Now?
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 11:28:27 AM »
Been hearing several times that the Stoops thing is not dead yet.

Could be complete bullshit, and I may have heard it here, I can't remember, but heard something about Stoops not wanting to coach where Malzahn was running the offense because their philosophies conflicted.

Supposedly, the jet's back in Tallahassee today...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 11:37:06 AM »
Chris Peterson thinks you are full of shit. Pease and before him, Harsin, both ran a Multiple. They are successful by being fundamentally sound and they execute perfectly most of the time. They rarely make mistakes. They beat teams with better talent more times than not.

Pease coached under Guy Morriss, who coached with Mumme and Leach, which I find odd. But there's something about Peterson that is fundamentally sound.

They don't win due to scheme.  You pretty much admitted that, and I KNOW that YOU know that if they played 8 SEC games a season, they'd have an off day or 2 offensively. 

Why do you find Pease's coaching tree odd?

Is Pease the OC for realz, or just in name?  I ask, because I truly don't know if Peterson REALLY runs the offense or not. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2011, 11:42:06 AM »
Clearly, it turned out spectacular for Florida this season.

And don't forget Auburn 2005-2007 either.
It's been working out quite well for Alabama lately. And it's not like they have a great QB or receivers. Pretty good OL, thought. UF is a bad example, because this is their first year running pro-style. As Prowler mentioned, it will take them a few years to get the right personnel for that, compared to the offense they have the shelves stocked for.

Part of the problem is I don't think you quite understand some folks' argument. I think everybody understands, and concedes, that AU has alot of youth on both sides of the ball; particularly on offense. Nobody expected results like last season. From most people, I've found the following arguments to be the most valid:

1. There are two upperclassmen at QB who have been in the system numerous years. It shouldn't have been a big surprise this season that that neither are worth a shit. Obviously having a shitty QB and youth on the OL don't mix. One can act as a crutch for the other to an extent. But WHY are there two upperclassmen that are shitty, and more importantly, WHY wasn't this identified sooner and players (JUCO?) recruited to fix that? Everybody knows you're not going to get good results with a shitty QB. Nobody can understand WHY there are shitty QBs with no valid replacements.

2. Youth in large quantities will result in some losses. But when you have the youth that has been recruited at the talent level that AU has been recruiting at the past 3 years, there should be something to show for it. It shouldn't look like a Chinese fire drill every Saturday, and shouldn't result in 30 point blowouts against any team halfway worth a shit.

I know that, given the opportunity, you would suck Malzahn's cock. That's cool. But from the outside looking in, those arguments above aren't really that unreasonable. Everybody knows Malzahn is somewhat limited when you don't have the players to run it. But everybody wants to know, given the players that have been recruited (after factoring in youth), why he doesn't have something that looks halfway decent. The reason why some are looking at the coaches, I think, is because of the QB situation and how that seems to have been mishandled. There is no way in hell they didn't know that Trotter/Moseley weren't going to be good. They couldn't be this shitty on the field, but showing extreme talent on the practice field the past two years. No way. That's why they wanted Cam.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:45:56 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2011, 11:44:37 AM »
They don't win due to scheme.  You pretty much admitted that, and I KNOW that YOU know that if they played 8 SEC games a season, they'd have an off day or 2 offensively. 

Why do you find Pease's coaching tree odd?

Is Pease the OC for realz, or just in name?  I ask, because I truly don't know if Peterson REALLY runs the offense or not.

I find it odd he runs a multiple (which is Peterson's O really) coming from the Mumme Air Raid tree. He seems to have came to his senses from that Mickey Mouse bullshit of Mumme's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »
Been hearing several times that the Stoops thing is not dead yet.

I have read in places that Auburn has offered Stoops 1.2 mil and FSU is not gonna match it although Nebraska is in the mix for Stoops.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:56:54 AM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 11:59:37 AM »
It's been working out quite well for Alabama lately. And it's not like they have a great QB or receivers. Pretty good OL, thought. UF is a bad example, because this is their first year running pro-style. As Prowler mentioned, it will take them a few years to get the right personnel for that, compared to the offense they have the shelves stocked for.

Part of the problem is I don't think you quite understand some folks' argument. I think everybody understands, and concedes, that AU has alot of youth on both sides of the ball; particularly on offense. Nobody expected results like last season. From most people, I've found the following arguments to be the most valid:

1. There are two upperclassmen at QB who have been in the system numerous years. It shouldn't have been a big surprise this season that that neither are worth a shit. Obviously having a shitty QB and youth on the OL don't mix. One can act as a crutch for the other to an extent. But WHY are there two upperclassmen that are shitty, and more importantly, WHY wasn't this identified sooner and players (JUCO?) recruited to fix that? Everybody knows you're not going to get good results with a shitty QB. Nobody can understand WHY there are shitty QBs with no valid replacements.

2. Youth in large quantities will result in some losses. But when you have the youth that has been recruited at the talent level that AU has been recruiting at the past 3 years, there should be something to show for it. It shouldn't look like a Chinese fire drill every Saturday, and shouldn't result in 30 point blowouts against any team halfway worth a shit.

I know that, given the opportunity, you would suck Malzahn's cock. That's cool. But from the outside looking in, those arguments above aren't really that unreasonable. Everybody knows Malzahn is somewhat limited when you don't have the players to run it. But everybody wants to know, given the players that have been recruited (after factoring in youth), why he doesn't have something that looks halfway decent. The reason why some are looking at the coaches, I think, is because of the QB situation and how that seems to have been mishandled. There is no way in hell they didn't know that Trotter/Moseley weren't going to be good. They couldn't be this shitty on the field, but showing extreme talent on the practice field the past two years. No way. That's why they wanted Cam.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »

Of course you didn't. It's the same reason why you can't even understand what exactly people are upset about in regards to Malzahn. You see that it's something critical of him, so you plug your ears and loudly and hum a merry little tune.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 12:07:59 PM »
I have read in places that Auburn has offered Stoops 1.2 mil and FSU is not gonna match it although Nebraska is in the mix for Stoops.

Heard today that FSU is only paying him $400 or $450K.  If Auburn wants him, they aint gonna have to pay him that much IMO. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »
Heard today that FSU is only paying him $400 or $450K.  If Auburn wants him, they aint gonna have to pay him that much IMO.

There's no kill quite like overkill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »
Of course you didn't. It's the same reason why you can't even understand what exactly people are upset about in regards to Malzahn. You see that it's something critical of him, so you plug your ears and loudly and hum a merry little tune.

You're stupid. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 12:12:18 PM »

FSU's Athletic Dept is broke compared to Auburn's. I was told this yesterday and went and looked it up. Their FB program profited 2 million last calender year. Auburn's profited almost 39 million.

FSU's Athletic Dept as a whole made NO PROFIT - the lowest in the ACC.

They can't afford to pay Stoops anymore. Much like the situation Texas Tech was in when they were looking for a coach after Leach. IMHO, we can "out Texas" them with $$. We have the upper hand here if we want him bad enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 12:13:07 PM »
You're stupid.

Oh yeah... oh yeah.....well you're a poo-poo stinkey head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »

They shouldn't but I think FSU was willing to match the original $850k that was offered. Not sure why it would jump to $1.2 mil. They obviously have never watched "The Price is Right".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 12:16:24 PM »
They shouldn't but I think FSU was willing to match the original $850k that was offered. Not sure why it would jump to $1.2 mil. They obviously have never watched "The Price is Right".

They obviously have forgotten that their Ath Dept is strapped for cash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 12:17:13 PM »

A mere fan's opinion?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »
A mere fan's opinion?

We're you being facetious? Because I need to know. Quickly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2011, 12:21:05 PM »
We're you being facetious? Because I need to know. Quickly.

No apostrophe needed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2011, 12:40:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2011, 12:48:18 PM »
You're stupid.
Perhaps, but the more you run around from thread to thread making sarcastic posts mocking everybody's opinion of Malzahn, the dumber you look. Again, you don't even understand the point anybody is making. You simply see something you perceive as negative about Malzahn, and automatically place cock in mouth. That's great that you're an offensive genius and you know all there is of football, but some of the opinions of these mere mortal fans that have been brought up here are pretty valid.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:49:08 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2011, 12:50:44 PM »
It's Chopper 3.0...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions