Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Word on da skreet regarding DC search...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
*Word on da skreet regarding DC search...
« on: December 09, 2011, 06:31:29 AM »
Randy Shannon could be named Auburn's DC at the start of the year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: *Word on da skreet regarding DC search...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 07:41:41 AM »
Randy Shannon could be named Auburn's DC at the start of the year.

I could live with that.  The years he was DC at Miami his defenses were ranked pretty damn good.
2001 – 6th
2002 – 7th
2003 – 2nd
2004 – 28th
2005 – 4th
2006 – 7th
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 08:59:46 AM »
I could live with that.  The years he was DC at Miami his defenses were ranked pretty damn good.
2001 – 6th
2002 – 7th
2003 – 2nd
2004 – 28th
2005 – 4th
2006 – 7th

His gimmicky bullshit won't work in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 09:07:11 AM »
I would love this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »
The Finebaum crowd will love that one...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »
Isn't Randy Shannon black? This will never happen at AU. They are some mo:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 10:54:16 AM »
I could live with that.  We would have South FL on lockdown for recruiting.

Personally, I know it's not popular, but I want Whitt Jr as DC/DB, Thig to move to LB where he belongs and hire Pelton someone else to coach the ends and let Pelton worry about the tackles. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 11:07:08 AM »
I could live with that.  We would have South FL on lockdown for recruiting.

Personally, I know it's not popular, but I want Whitt Jr as DC/DB, Thig to move to LB where he belongs and hire Pelton someone else to coach the ends and let Pelton worry about the tackles.

This would work.  Lolley can choke on a fat cock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
This would work.  Lolley can choke on a fat cock.

I grew up not to far from NJHS.  His teams were tough as hell back then.  I have met him several times and talked to him some.  He is a really good guy and believe it or not, knows the game.  He just isn't getting it done for whatever reason.  So yeah, he needs to go back to a desk job. 

I liked the idea of Joe Whitt Jr and the more I read about him and the more I remember about his dad, the more I am becoming sold on him.   The thing that worrys me about Shannon is the whole Miami booster deal.  Wasn't he there when that was going on?  Don't get me wrong I think he is a hell of a DC and recruiter, but that scares me just a little.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 11:48:14 AM »
The thing that worrys me about Shannon is the whole Miami booster deal.  Wasn't he there when that was going on?  Don't get me wrong I think he is a hell of a DC and recruiter, but that scares me just a little.

He was there, so was Tubs I believe. I agree, Shannon does scare me a bit in regards to cruiten violations. Everything I have heard though, it was Shannon trying to clean it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 11:51:26 AM »
I grew up not to far from NJHS.  His teams were tough as hell back then.  I have met him several times and talked to him some.  He is a really good guy and believe it or not, knows the game.  He just isn't getting it done for whatever reason.  So yeah, he needs to go back to a desk job. 

I liked the idea of Joe Whitt Jr and the more I read about him and the more I remember about his dad, the more I am becoming sold on him.   The thing that worrys me about Shannon is the whole Miami booster deal.  Wasn't he there when that was going on?  Don't get me wrong I think he is a hell of a DC and recruiter, but that scares me just a little.

I may be way off base here but I seem to recall on that Meeyami deal, that it had been a part of the culture for years. And when Shannon took over, he did what he could to keep his players out of it but it was way too entrenched for him to put a stop to it.  As long as he was there, I imagine he was well aware of what was going on, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 11:51:48 AM »
He was there, so was Tubs I believe. I agree, Shannon does scare me a bit in regards to cruiten violations. Everything I have heard though, it was Shannon trying to clean it up.

You are correct. Shannon hasn't been implicated in any of that. He was indeed trying to clean Miami up. Look what it got him. He was fighting a lopsided, losing battle the whole time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »
You are correct. Shannon hasn't been implicated in any of that. He was indeed trying to clean Miami up. Look what it got him. He was fighting a lopsided, losing battle the whole time.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 12:58:35 PM »
That makes me feel better about Shannon then. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »
If we get him does that mean we have to start paying for hooker's abortions?  I like our current practice...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 02:10:02 PM »
If we get him does that mean we have to start paying for hooker's abortions?  I like our current practice...

Just the hookers.  Not the abortions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 02:11:12 PM »
Just the hookers.  Not the abortions.
I can live with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 02:14:05 PM »
I can live with that.

Now if the little bastards don't project to run a 4.4 then we have bags of lime on standby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 02:40:56 PM »
Not that I really have a dog in the fight, but there are so many coaching changes happening right now, AU may benefit from letting the dust settle after all of the bowl games are played. New coaches may want to bring in their own folks, some coordinators might not like the new coach, etc etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »
Not that I really have a dog in the fight, but there are so many coaching changes happening right now, AU may benefit from letting the dust settle after all of the bowl games are played. New coaches may want to bring in their own folks, some coordinators might not like the new coach, etc etc.

Well if it isn't Bill Nye the science guy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE