Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2012 Projected starting lineup

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: 2012 Projected starting lineup
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »
Still scary as hell to think of starting 2 redshirt freshman tackles.  Looks like Dyer will get a bunch of carries next season...
not if he runs hard and gains yards...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2011, 02:19:30 PM »
Still scary as hell to think of starting 2 redshirt freshman tackles.  Looks like Dyer will get a bunch of carries next season...

I am holding on to the hope I had for our line in 07.  I knew it would be rough to start, but hoping by game 3 or 4 they start to come around and by game 5 they are winning the battles more often than not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2011, 02:34:13 PM »
Trotter was supposed to be it.  He has the physical tools, but he simply wouldn't pull the trigger.  Why?  No earthly fucking idea.  Mosley, completely different.  Simply not an SEC level QB.   Simple as that. 

Frazier?  Jury still out.  Could be they were just scared to throw him to the wolves.  Coaches will fuck up from time to time.  Hell Peyton Manning was the #3 QB coming out of camp his Fr. year.  It took injuries to get him on the field.  Coaches are afflicted with being scared of Fr. even if they show well in practice, especially at QB.

Gus' offense is predicated on Running the set up play action passing.  When teams know you can't pass, then they sure aren't going to let you run.  Do you think since game 3 or 4 we've seen the same defenses we saw early season and last year?  Why would any DC make pass coverage a priority vs Auburn this year?

Gus is the same guy that overhauled his offense to make the most of Cam last year.  The offense morphed in to an option offense after the Clemson game. 

Bama shut us, and Cam, the fuck down in the first half last season, and he adjusted the offense at half. 

Sometimes, you simply don't have the players to do any of what you do.  Would the QB play have been better with a better OL?  Probably, but then again, if our QB was a threat to hit a pass beyond the line of scrimmage, the fronts we'd see would be more run friendly, and probably make the OL look a little better. 

I keep hearing or reading "this offense requires a player like Cam to function".  Bullshit.  People simply ignore what Todd was able to accomplish in this offense.  He's no Cam, and he set Auburn passing records, and people still call him a retard.  Well, stupid people do.  NO offense could function with the level of QB play we've gotten this year.  I don't give a fuck what scheme you put Mosley in, he'd fail vs SEC level competition. 

If you simply are tired of Gus, that's fine, it's your opinion, you're entitled to it.  You want a different looking scheme, fine too.    You're probably going to get your wish though, I expect Malzahn will get a suitable job offer, and if I were him, I'd tell the Auburn family that their ungrateful asses could choke on a bag of dicks. 

Roof?  Fuck him!

Not tired of him personally nor do I wish for him to be gone. I want him to right the ship. He is the expert not me. And he gets paid loads of money to be the expert and put a better product on the field than what I saw Saturday. Mickey Mouse himself should be able to muster up more than 40 yards of offense through 3 quarters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2011, 02:35:32 PM »
I am holding on to the hope I had for our line in 07.  I knew it would be rough to start, but hoping by game 3 or 4 they start to come around and by game 5 they are winning the battles more often than not.

07' gives me hope too.  There's two possible scenarios. First, Westerman and Robinson are really good and like I said, they just didn't want to burn the RS knowing we would most likely be teh suxxors.  That's the one I'm going with.  The other ain't too skippy.  Chiz-Whiz has played any and all freshmen this year if they had a pulse....except Westerman and Robinson.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2011, 02:56:19 PM »
Not tired of him personally nor do I wish for him to be gone. I want him to right the ship. He is the expert not me. And he gets paid loads of money to be the expert and put a better product on the field than what I saw Saturday. Mickey Mouse himself should be able to muster up more than 40 yards of offense through 3 quarters.

I agree, Sat. looked horrible. 

I agree there are times it appears Gus gets too cute, or out-thinks himself.  He's always done that a little, and I think he's been so frustrated this year, he's done it more just trying to generate offense.  I assure you he's as frustrated as us, probably more. 

I almost posted this last week, but decided against it, mainly because I knew it wouldn't happen.  I had some wish in my head that Gus would put Frazier out there under center, with Dyer at B Back, OMac and Mason on the wings, and run some veer like Ga Southern.  I knew it wouldn't happen because it would take all week just to get where they could run a couple of plays.  It's incredibly time consuming to install the triple option, and you can't dabble in it.  Now, if he'd do that for the bowl game, we'd destroy whoever we played because they wouldn't be ready for it.  Gus has it in his playbook.  In fact we ran one veer play out of the gun Sat.  OMac fumbled the pitch.  Assuming it was a true read on the dive, it also appeared Frazier should have given the ball to Dyer on the dive.  They may not have been reading it, I don't know, but Gus lists veer in his run game in his book, so he's done it before.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2011, 03:01:53 PM »
but remember it also took Jason Campbell 2-3 years to "get it"

I disagree with this characterization. 

And Campbell blossomed under a new OC. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2011, 03:02:46 PM »
I disagree with this characterization. 

And Campbell blossomed under a new OC.
Which one he had 4

Whether you like the characterization or not my point being that very few True Freshman QB's can come in and turn the world upside down.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:04:36 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2011, 03:04:09 PM »
Which one he had 4

Campbell.....doesn't get along well with others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2011, 03:07:56 PM »
Which one he had 4

Whether you like the characterization or not my point being that very few True Freshman QB's can come in and turn the world upside down.

Did Nallsminger count as 1 or 2?

And yeah, you're right, they can improve. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2011, 03:11:22 PM »
Which one he had 4

Tell that to the kid from Utah St.   :sarcasm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2011, 03:12:20 PM »
Did Nallsminger count as 1 or 2?

I'm gonna have to say one.....sort of like metamorphosis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2011, 03:13:26 PM »
Tell that to the kid from Utah St.   :sarcasm:
Should have included the following warning:

*Warning*
Does not include playing against a Ted Roof led defense
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2011, 03:13:38 PM »
Looks like Dyer will get a bunch of carries next season...

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2011, 03:15:16 PM »
Should have included the following warning:

*Warning*
Does not include playing against a Ted Roof led defense

:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2011, 03:16:55 PM »
Which one he had 4

No, but the notion that Campbell sucked for several years and then was awesome isn't true.  I've argued against it for years.  His completion percentage in 2003 was very good.  In the high 60s I think.  He moved the ball.  But the team as a whole struggled and his performance was overshadowed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2011, 03:25:03 PM »
No, but the notion that Campbell sucked for several years and then was awesome isn't true.  I've argued against it for years.  His completion percentage in 2003 was very good.  In the high 60s I think.  He moved the ball.  But the team as a whole struggled and his performance was overshadowed.
I never said he sucked. You are correct though his numbers weren't bad in the years he shared with Cobb. He wasn't as good as he was in 2004 though either.  However he was also a RS Freshman and played and started in 7 games.  We really have no basis of what Kiehl is all about.  Again he could be Kodi and whats his name.  I'm just trying to be optimistic, don't shit on me.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:26:23 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2011, 03:31:20 PM »
I never said he sucked. You are correct though his numbers weren't bad in the years he shared with Cobb. He wasn't as good as he was in 2004 though either.  However he was also a RS Freshman and played and started in 7 games.  We really have no basis of what Kiehl is all about.  Again he could be Kodi and whats his name.  I'm just trying to be optimistic, don't shit on me.

:shit:
   GF
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2011, 03:31:32 PM »

There were several things that Campbell did not do well early. The OCs we had then had no clue how to coach around these things. The greatest accomplishment of Al Borges was that he played solely to JC's strengths until JC had the confidence to do most things well. It did not hurt that there are still a good many skill players form that team that are in the NFL still today.

This is the issue with Gus. He does not stay with our strengths. He thinks he should be able to call any play form his bible and have it work. Well, sometimes the best plays are the ones you do not call. Al Borges had one great year knowing what NOT to call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2011, 03:33:15 PM »
There were several things that Campbell did not do well early. The OCs we had then had no clue how to coach around these things. The greatest accomplishment of Al Borges was that he played solely to JC's strengths until JC had the confidence to do most things well. It did not hurt that there are still a good many skill players form that team that are in the NFL still today.

This is the issue with Gus. He does not stay with our strengths. He thinks he should be able to call any play form his bible and have it work. Well, sometimes the best plays are the ones you do not call. Al Borges had one great year knowing what NOT to call.

To Al Borges!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »
To Al Borges!
We once had a bachelor party for Borges. He ate the entire cake, before we could tell him there was a stripper in it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum