Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2012 Projected starting lineup

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
2012 Projected starting lineup
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »
Since all we have left of this season is the sequel/prequel to the Clemson game...let's look ahead a little.

Gone will be the starting Turnstiles Tackles, Quindarius Carr at one WR spot, Eltoro Freeman at MLB and Neiko shoes on fire Thorpe at safety.  I believe the long snapper too (sorry snaggle).  I can't think of any Juniors other than possibly Blake and Lutzenkirchen that would be a threat to leave early.  Let's assume, for the moment, that they stick around for their Senior years also.  Who gets the starting nod in your mind going into 2012?

My projection:
OFFENSE
QB - Kyle Frazier (So)
RB - Michael Dyer  (Jr)
HB - Phillip Lutzenkirchen  (Sr)
WR - Emory Blake  (Sr)
WR - Trovon Reed  (rSo)
WR - Travante Stallworth (Sr)
LT - Greg Robinson  (rFr)
LG - Chad Slade  (Jr)
C - Reese Dismukes  (So)
RG -  Eric Mack  (rFr)
RT - Christian Westerman  (rFr)

DEFENSE
DE -  Corey Lemonier (Jr)
DT -  Gabe Wright (So)
NG -  Jeff Whitaker (Jr)
DE -  Craig Sanders (Jr)
WLB -  Jawara White (So)
MLB -  Jake Holland (Jr)
SLB -  Daren Bates (Sr)
CB -  T'Sharvan Bell (Sr)
CB -  Chris Davis (Jr)
FS -  Erique Flroence (So)
SS -  Jermaine Whitehead (So)

Again in 2012...the main concerns for the team will be at quarterback, offensive line, linebacker and safety. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: 2012 Projected starting lineup
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 11:01:50 AM »
If Kiehl can get some reps in the bowl, play the whole game and develop more in the offseason, we could be decent. I dont think throwing in some read option/wildcat would hurt. This is also assuming the DL comes along nicely to the next level in their maturity. Hard to believe they won't under Pelton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 11:03:46 AM »
Prepare to read the creed. 

If that's the starting OL, you're going to get an assload of "we're young" chanters and a ton of fingers pointed at 2014 when we'll "really be good..." 

I read a few other boards the last day or so.  What's out there beyond these walls is shocking in its ignorance and sheepery. 

Please guys, tone those unrealistic expectations. Its all about Xs and Os, numbers and experience. Our team is talented but young.  Give them and the coaches credit... They beat the experts, most who predicted a losing season, and they are going to a bowl with a winning record.

This team needs time to grow into their roles and I have no doubt they will. Next year we will be better. I see us as a top contender in 2013. Our time will come again.

This season is like Godfather III to me.  Or Season Six of The Sopranos. 

It never existed. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 11:04:17 AM »
If Kiehl can get some reps in the bowl, play the whole game and develop more in the offseason, we could be decent. I dont think throwing in some read option/wildcat would hurt. This is also assuming the DL comes along nicely to the next level in their maturity. Hard to believe they won't under Pelton.

Pelton is no Rocker.  We didn't pressure a soul this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »

I may be called one of those sunshine pumping folks for this, but I truthfully believe the interior DL was a liability this season ONLY because of youth.  Whitaker, Wright, Blackson and Carter coming back for their Sophomore and Junior seasons more experienced and hopefully stronger should turn that group into an asset in 2012.  If they don't, then I think it will be coaching that is to blame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 11:15:30 AM »
You are assuming we stick with this spread bullshit. I'm not so sure.

And don't give me the "spread won the NC last year" line. Cam was that offense and it was awesome. Without Cam, we see what this offense is reduced to.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 11:17:45 AM »

And don't give me the "spread won the NC last year" line. Cam was that offense and it was awesome. Without Cam, we see what this offense is reduced to.

True.  Until it becomes official that Malzahn is going to Chapel Hill...or Oxford...or anywhere else he is rumored to be heading, we can only assume this.  It will be very interesting though, to see if Chiz goes with a coordinator in the same mold if Malz does leave in the offseason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 11:18:41 AM »

I do give Pelton some leeway since we did play a ton of guys that were babies and he is also having to deal with Roof. Next year, he gets no free card. The unit got better in general as they got experience. Lemonier, Whitaker and Sanders show flashes here and there. Carter got better. I expect a lot from Gabe Wright as well. IMHO, there is hope for this group from what I have seen. On paper, the secondary looks nasty. Like a few years ago, it could become the strong point in the D but I think of Lolley and I lose that optimism. Hopefully the lumps a lot of the front 7 took this year will pay dividends the next 2. If I see no improvement I will be there beside you with pitchfork. I dont expect another 2010 next year but I also dont expect a 2011 either. Somewhere in between should be expected.

Whoever is the OC or the QB, we HAVE to....WE MUST get Dyer and Lutz more involved in the gameplan. When we don't, bad things happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
I may be called one of those sunshine pumping folks for this, but I truthfully believe the interior DL was a liability this season ONLY because of youth.  Whitaker, Wright, Blackson and Carter coming back for their Sophomore and Junior seasons more experienced and hopefully stronger should turn that group into an asset in 2012.  If they don't, then I think it will be coaching that is to blame.
Agree.  Pelton is all technique, which will show in the next few years.  Rocker was "give it 1000% every play, don't necessarily worry about technique."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 11:21:17 AM »
I'm thinking that Kris Frost will be able to contribute to our LB corp next year, or at least I hope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »
On paper, the secondary looks nasty. Like a few years ago, it could become the strong point in the D but I think of Lolley and I lose that optimism.

Riddle me this...
Wasn't Lolley the secondary coarch when Chizik was the DC a few years back?  They had some studs in that backfield that seemed to know what they were doing.  I just wonder if Lolley is really the problem?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 11:22:51 AM »
Riddle me this...
Wasn't Lolley the secondary coarch when Chizik was the DC a few years back?  They had some studs in that backfield that seemed to know what they were doing.  I just wonder if Lolley is really the problem?
I think it had more to do with Tubs honestly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 11:24:44 AM »

Agree. Cam was a freak. He took that game over last year (meaning the Iron Bowl). He was given a lot of discretion on the field and bailed us out of many plays that would have otherwise ended badly. Bama and LSU have never been fooled by this offense. They have it figured out.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:26:26 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 11:28:41 AM »
I'm thinking that Kris Frost will be able to contribute to our LB corp next year, or at least I hope.

This.  I still don't think that Owens is a lock to stay at DE either.  JMO There...  I think he's the closest thing we've got to an Upshaw type headknocking LB type.

As far as the whole spread vs whatever debate.  Our inability to utilize the talent we have this year was mindblowing by Malzhan. An epic fail as far as I'm concerned.  We could have ran it up Bama's ass all day Saturday and we still chose to do too much misdirection and mulitple hand offs that our OL doesn't give enough time to work.  When the OL was able to just push forward, they were fine (or better anyway...still got beat a lot).  When they were forced to extend laterally, they were hapless.   Malzhan sticking with the misdirection and multiple stops was irritating and stupid considering it's lack of success.  ...let alone doing that shit on a fourth down.  Dyer should have been a star in that game, he was not used at all like he should have been.

Should be an interesting few months on the staff side of things... Changes need to be made.

I don't even want to get into the Roof situation unless it's promoting him being burnt the fuck up in an unfortunate smelting accident.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »
Riddle me this...

I dont think he is terrible really. It may be a scheming issue. Like JR, I am not as well versed on the ins and outs of the D we run as I am the O. Taking Xananus' word for it from another thread, we run a Tampa 2. This shouldnt be an issue for Lolley in theory since he has worked under Chizik. But is Roof the best person to run a Tampa 2? We do know that is not what he has typcially used in the past. There could be some disconnect there. Who knows.....I just know I dont get an easy feeling when thinking about Lolley and the DBs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 11:35:01 AM »
This.  I still don't think that Owens is a lock to stay at DE either.  JMO There...  I think he's the closest thing we've got to an Upshaw type headknocking LB type.

For realz. I would love to see Owens move back to LB and hell, put Sanders back there too. These guys need to be on the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 11:54:15 AM »

Cam was that good, but also remember that he had Zimbea, Pugh, Berry, Mosley, Eddins and Bostrom blocking for him. Even Sullen played decent to solid on the line last year. 

On paper, the secondary looks nasty. Like a few years ago, it could become the strong point in the D but I think of Lolley and I lose that optimism.

You can throw Thig in that as well.   I know, I know, but he can recruit.  I would rather have a guy that can pull in decent to good talent and coach it up than I had a guy that pulls in great talent and they get worse.  Our safeties have sucked big time the past 3 years too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 11:57:25 AM »

For Realz!  Complete whore shit offense, we need to be in the I formation.  It's the only "Real Offense" there is.   It's clear that Mosley and Trotter's talents are being wasted.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:58:22 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 12:03:21 PM »
Doesn't matter what offense you run as long as you play to your strengths.  If you have a Dyer and don't use him, then run the fucking Wing T for all I care.  If you have a Lutz and you refuse to put the ball in his hands, well.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 12:14:11 PM »
Doesn't matter what offense you run as long as you play to your strengths.  If you have a Dyer and don't use him, then run the fucking Wing T for all I care.  If you have a Lutz and you refuse to put the ball in his hands, well.....

No, no, no, it's about schemes, and Auburn's Offense and Defense are patently flawed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions