Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I hope we clean house on D at least

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
I hope we clean house on D at least
« on: November 26, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »
Roof and Lolley need to go for sure. We made McCarron look like a Heisman contender. We have absolutely no pass defense. Everyone makes our pass D look like swiss cheese. Offensively we need to quit the dumb play calling. Feed the ball to Dyer even if it's only going for a yard or two. Dyer touches the ball, what?, 5 times in this entire game? Pathetic.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 06:33:17 PM by Xanusus »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
Re: I hope we clean house on D at least
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 07:08:15 PM »
Malzahn needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Dyer only touched the ball 13 times today and a great percentage of those 13 touches came late in the game after it was already decided. What is wrong with these coaches? When you have a 1000 yard rusher you DO NOT keep the ball out of his hands the entire game. We did this same crap vs. Georgia. Are these guys idiots? They must be.

Once again the defense stank it up in pass coverage. McCarron, McCarron! You know the guy everyone laughed at after the LSU loss threw three TD's on us and completed 80% of his passes. Just pathetic.

1)Get rid of Roof and Lolley. They've had 3 years now to put a decent product on the field and have failed at it all three years including last year. Teams pass all over us like their QB is a Heisman hopeful. TRUE FRESHMEN look like Heisman hopefuls against us!

2)If Malzahn leaves I won't be the least bit sad. Most will give him a mulligan. I won't. Last year was Cam. But this year has had some of the DUMBEST play calling on offense that I can recall. Most of it has been a result of not fudgeing running the ball with Dyer. You have to be an idiot not to feed him the ball!

Hey Chiz, call  Bumpas he'll show you how to run a good defense with freshmen and sophomores.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:09:47 PM by Xanusus »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 12:46:30 AM »
I sure as hell hope that we don't play Northwestern again in our bowl game.  Those fuckers will throw for over 500 on us. 

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 01:31:16 AM »
After watching the game in person today I was impressed with the way our defense kept us in the game with absolutly no offense....Gus needs to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 01:39:26 AM »
Our offensive play calling has to get better. When you have a 1000 yard rusher you don't move away from that. You feed him the ball. In our blowout losses or bad wins(Utah St.) this year we left Dyer on the bench for large stretches of time. When he's averaging 4+ yards per carry you don't just hand him the ball 13 times during a game(that was his average amount of carries in most of our losses or embarrassing wins) . That just defies good common football logic. Look back at the Utah St., Clemson, Georgia, LSU and Alabama games. What's the common theme?,

a) we lost badly or almost got embarrassed and

b) Dyer was not given the ball enough in any of those games.

I thought after the Utah St. and Clemson games we would have realized what we needed to do. Guess not! Against Utah St. Dyer only carried the ball 14 times. In the Clemson game he was averaging 10 yards a carry and not once had been stopped and yet on at least two third and short plays we pass with him on the bench?  :facepalm:
He only touched the ball 14 times in that Clemson game also. Seeing a trend?

LSU he had a paltry 12 touches and it was a blowout loss. Seeing that trend? Georgia he had 13 touches and it was a blowout loss. Alabama he had 13 touches and it was a blowout loss.

Instead of correcting this error at the start of the year when we should have, we repeated the same error over and over in our losses afterwards. Dyer low carries=loss.

Now for comparison's sake, look at our lone good win from this year over a ranked opponent. That would be South Carolina in case you forgot. What do you notice? In that game Dyer carried the ball 41 times and we won on the road against a ranked team for the ONLY time this past year.

Terrible play calling. Poor Dyer. I feel bad for him. I'm sure Steve Spurrier would know what to do with him.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:41:58 AM by Xanusus »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 01:49:03 AM »
After watching the game in person today I was impressed with the way our defense kept us in the game with absolutly no offense....Gus needs to go.

I'll give it to the defense. They fought hard. I truly believe our players gave their best effort over there. Unfortunately their best effort was so lousy due to poor coaching that it didn't matter. We've had a terrible pass defense now for 3 years. Nothing has changed. We made McCarron look like wonder boy. 3 Td passes, 80% completion pct. is not good pass defense.  Eventually just like Georgia we played good run defense but ultimately getting picked apart in the passing game wore us down and allowed the flood gates to open with runs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 09:51:42 AM »

Dumb
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 10:05:31 AM »
Dumb
How a sane person can look at last night and say anything otherwise is beyond me.

Preconceptions and unwillingness to change the groupthink opinion that was decided in week 1 is the only thing I can come up with.

Defense and special teams both did a better job offensively than the offense. At the start of the 4th quarter I looked up at the stats: 31 offensive yards. If you subtracted the penalty yards, we probably netted zero or less.

It was a game at the start of the 4th quarter in spite of a nonexistent offense.

Everyone has decided Gus is a guru and Roof is a fuckup and refuse to objectively look at what is clear as day in front of them. Cam's a cheater, Paterno is a saint, etc etc...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 12:48:52 PM »
How a sane person can look at last night and say anything otherwise is beyond me.

Preconceptions and unwillingness to change the groupthink opinion that was decided in week 1 is the only thing I can come up with.

Defense and special teams both did a better job offensively than the offense. At the start of the 4th quarter I looked up at the stats: 31 offensive yards. If you subtracted the penalty yards, we probably netted zero or less.

It was a game at the start of the 4th quarter in spite of a nonexistent offense.

Everyone has decided Gus is a guru and Roof is a fuckup and refuse to objectively look at what is clear as day in front of them. Cam's a cheater, Paterno is a saint, etc etc...

I must agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 12:54:39 PM »

This all of it ^^^^^^ but I'm am so dumb for real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 12:54:55 PM »

I've come around.  Last night's playcalling was the proverbial last straw for me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 01:01:19 PM »
I've come around.  Last night's playcalling was the proverbial last straw for me.

Youre an idiot. At least that's what yoda and jr are saying about all of us who critique the offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »
Youre an idiot. At least that's what yoda and jr are saying about all of us who critique the offense.
Just because Georgia Southern can run for over 300 against bama that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to gain 100 in total offense. dumb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 01:06:39 PM »
Just because Georgia Southern can run for over 300 against bama that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to gain 100 in total offense. dumb.
:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 01:07:10 PM »
Ok, explain to me how a guy who has a five-year history of being one of the most prolific offensive coordinators in history suddenly became the village idiot? 

I do think this is the first time he hasn't had a QB who was at least serviceable at his disposal.  Trotsley is an abomination.  Mosler has very little athletic ability and isn't capable of doing even the most basic things correctly. Gus cannot run anything resembling his offense because we don't have a single signal caller with even DII skill. 

Downfield throw?  Holy shit.  Did you see that fucking disgrace last night?  Fucktard lobs one from his own 10 to a wide open Lutz.  Misses him by eight yards.   Bama was backing off and playing to keep people in front by then.  Next throw he's got Blake open in a hole in the zone.  I saw him free and got excited. Then the fuckup airs it out 20 yards past to the Bama centerfielder.  Six points the other way. 

If I was Trotter I'd at least fake an injury so people wouldn't know I was relegated to the bench behind THAT bleeding placenta. 

I really don't think Gus knew how to fix it.  He couldn't run what he knows because there just isn't a quarterback on that sideline.  I don't understand the reluctance to burn clock and pound the ball with Dyer, Mason, McCalebb and Bray.

I'm confused.  And the helmets weren't even lined up right. 

But hey, I read the Creed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »
Ok, explain to me how a guy who has a five-year history of being one of the most prolific offensive coordinators in history suddenly became the village idiot? 

Excellent question.  Which leads us to...

I don't understand the reluctance to burn clock and pound the ball with Dyer, Mason, McCalebb and Bray.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 01:15:28 PM »

I do think this is the first time he hasn't had a QB who was at least serviceable at his disposal.  Trotsley is an abomination.  Mosler has very little athletic ability and isn't capable of doing even the most basic things correctly. Gus cannot run anything resembling his offense because we don't have a single signal caller with even DII skill. 

Downfield throw?  Holy shit.  Did you see that fucking disgrace last night?  Fucktard lobs one from his own 10 to a wide open Lutz.  Misses him by eight yards.   Bama was backing off and playing to keep people in front by then.  Next throw he's got Blake open in a hole in the zone.  I saw him free and got excited. Then the fuckup airs it out 20 yards past to the Bama centerfielder.  Six points the other way. 

If I was Trotter I'd at least fake an injury so people wouldn't know I was relegated to the bench behind THAT bleeding placenta. 

I really don't think Gus knew how to fix it.  He couldn't run what he knows because there just isn't a quarterback on that sideline.  I don't understand the reluctance to burn clock and pound the ball with Dyer, Mason, McCalebb and Bray.

ga southern

I don't care how bad those 2 qbs are. Ga southern did something we couldn't.  With div 2 level players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 01:50:58 PM »

Serious question...do you think there's any play calling strategy that would have been effective yesterday?  ANY?  If "Yes" then tell me what leads you to believe that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 01:54:11 PM »

I really don't think Gus knew how to fix it.  He couldn't run what he knows because there just isn't a quarterback on that sideline.

K?  He fucking gets it. 

I don't understand the reluctance to burn clock and pound the ball with Dyer, Mason, McCalebb and Bray.

I can hear it now: "All he did was pound the ball up the middle of the best rushing defense in the land...no imagination, the play calling sux, Gus has lost it, has to go". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 01:56:33 PM »

It's Roof's fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions