Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I hope we clean house on D at least

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: I hope we clean house on D at least
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »
What I'm seeing elsewhere is a rush to blame Tuberville. 

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 02:10:02 PM »
What I'm seeing elsewhere is a rush to blame Tuberville. 

I blame his ass for 7 fucking seniors and Tony Franklin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »
Serious question...do you think there's any play calling strategy that would have been effective yesterday?  ANY?  If "Yes" then tell me what leads you to believe that?

There were plays that were successful yesterday.  Dyer was getting good yardage inside.  Why did we not run more of those plays?  Why did we not run them until Bama stopped them? 

Why did we waste a great 4th down conversion with awful playcalling?  Why did we line Dyer up in the Wildcat when everyone in the stadium knew that there was no chance he'd throw the ball?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 02:13:47 PM »
There were plays that were successful yesterday.  Dyer was getting good yardage inside.  Why did we not run more of those plays?  Why did we not run them until Bama stopped them? 

Why did we waste a great 4th down conversion with awful playcalling?  Why did we line Dyer up in the Wildcat when everyone in the stadium knew that there was no chance he'd throw the ball?
Roof has to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 02:18:35 PM »

This part?  I agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 02:42:40 PM »

Or Frazier for that matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
Or Frazier for that matter.

Agreed.  When I saw that Frazier was throwing deep I thought he might be finishing the game with no further substitution.  I also liked that he was allowed a more robust play package...then Moseley came back out on the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 03:11:19 PM »
Everyone needs to calm down and remember bama only beats us when we're down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 03:24:56 PM »
Serious question...do you think there's any play calling strategy that would have been effective yesterday?  ANY?  If "Yes" then tell me what leads you to believe that?
Yes I do a gameplan. How about the option?

JR to blindly support someone based on last nights performance is ridonkulous. Even when we had something going we try to get cute and fuck it up. We scored 0 points on offense, and had 40 yards in the 3rd quarter, that's not acceptable. Bamas defense is not that fucking good, no doubt they are a great defense but to hold us to that at home. Sorry the team I saw play last night had no direction on the offensive side of the ball.

It is blatantly obvious to the rest of us that there seemed to be no offensive reasoning last night. You don't get to give Gus all the credit for last year and not take any of the blame for this year.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:26:44 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2011, 03:32:26 PM »

Yes. Hand the ball off to Dyer 25 times at least.

1)It slows the game down for the defense and allows them time to rest.

2)Even if Dyer is getting stuffed at the line every now and then eventually their D gets tired of trying to stop it. Dyer will still get 3+ yards per attempt. He averaged 4 yards a carry last night and we sat him on the bench all night AGAIN.

3)South Carolina stuffed Dyer quite a bit at the line during our victory there, but we never stopped pounding them with him. Result:win.

Name me one loss this year where Dyer was given the ball 25 times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »
By the way, Dyers only 3 carries in the first half resulted in 15 yards. 5 ypc not exactly beating your head against a wall IMO. Yet he touched the ball at the 12:50 mark the 5:22 mark and then not again until 1:13 left in the 2nd. Explain that to me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2011, 04:25:25 PM »
By the way, Dyers only 3 carries in the first half resulted in 15 yards. 5 ypc not exactly beating your head against a wall IMO. Yet he touched the ball at the 12:50 mark the 5:22 mark and then not again until 1:13 left in the 2nd. Explain that to me?
I was surprised there weren't more runs by McCalebb to the outside. That little fucker is fast. Don't delay the handoff, don't fuck around with it. Just give him the ball. No double fakes, no wraparounds. Same with Dyer. I thought he and Dyer would have given a nice 1-2 punch with the ground game. Kept waiting on it. But there just seemed to be no point of attack to the offensive plan. Obviously the passing game wasn't working. So how is it OK to say "Well do you think Dyer was going to make headway against THAT defense?" Well, fuck, I don't know, because they never really tested that. But from what I saw from Ga Southern, there might have been some success on the perimiter. Maybe. I mean, we just won't know. I guess when the passing game wasn't working, you guys should have just went ahead and forfeited the game then and there. I mean, why even try to run it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »

Hey if you caught that Kristi Malzahn video I posted, she said that Dyer's got him a bit of an attitude she has to keep in check.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »
If coaches(Malzahn) are punishing Dyer for some reason they need to go. I have yet to see anything from Dyer that suggests to me that he isn't a team player or that he is breaking rules and getting into trouble. If he is then he needs to sit period and not even be eligible for the game. It is half assed discipline regardless to say "ok, you've been bad so because of that you don't get the ball as much". Either way the coaches are flip flopping on discipline.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2011, 06:13:41 PM »
If coaches(Malzahn) are punishing Dyer for some reason they need to go. I have yet to see anything from Dyer that suggests to me that he isn't a team player or that he is breaking rules and getting into trouble. If he is then he needs to sit period and not even be eligible for the game. It is half assed discipline regardless to say "ok, you've been bad so because of that you don't get the ball as much". Either way the coaches are flip flopping on discipline.

I was kidding.

But there was a rumor a while back that the coaches thought Dyer had an attitude issue.  I think it was around the Clemson game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2011, 06:17:47 PM »
The more I think about this the more ticked I get with the coaches for not playing him. It's not just one game. It's been like this all season with the exception of South Carolina. If he's in trouble he needs to sit period. Not this half assed shitake. The only thing I can come away with is that Malzahn "are" dumb.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 06:20:34 PM by Xanusus »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2011, 07:55:18 PM »
The more I think about this the more ticked I get with the coaches for not playing him. It's not just one game. It's been like this all season with the exception of South Carolina. If he's in trouble he needs to sit period. Not this half assed shitake. The only thing I can come away with is that Malzahn "are" dumb.

Quote from Malzahn after Clemson loss:

"Dyer's a great back.  We've got to find ways to get him the ball more." 

Here's a way.  Fucking hand it to him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2011, 08:39:51 PM »
Quote from Malzahn after Clemson loss:

"Dyer's a great back.  We've got to find ways to get him the ball more." 

Here's a way.  Fucking hand it to him.

Yep.  It's simple.

I also take issue with none of these freaking qbs being developed by the coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
I'm a bit disappointed in Frazier. I expected a lot more out of him. He'd make a great option QB but that's about it. He's looking like a bust to me. Maybe Pike coming in early will be the answer next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2011, 11:59:31 PM »

Actually it is the same thing I have said all year. Gus' refusal to use a short passing game (other than the shitty screen) is what is truly puzzling. IS there any AU fan alive that thinks Lutz could not do the same things that Smelly did using short crossing routes?

But all season, Gus cannot seem to implement anything remotely similar to a short passing game. Hell, we don't even throw the 10 yd out any longer. Play action, throw down field...or get sacked. And then bring in Kodi to tip-toe around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.