Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why Alabama and Arkansas Most Likely Will Not Go to the SECCG

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Why Alabama and Arkansas Most Likely Will Not Go to the SECCG
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 02:39:38 PM »
I was thinking of a more clusterfucked situation but yes, this would be correct since both the Hogs and Tiggers would have one loss. I'd rather see the Hogs getting that bid than the coonasses or bammer cousin grinders.

Fuck that noise, I hope we beat bama, Ark beats LSU and then gets beat by UGA in the SECCG.  Okie St to beat Oklahoma,  VT to curb stomp Clemson, leaving Okie St and VT to play for it all.

If Auburn can't be the SEC team in the title game then I won't support it.  After last year, fuck the SEC. I hate all of the teams in the league outside of Auburn and the bottom dwellers. I want our competitors to have absolutely zero success in any endeavor they undertake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 02:45:05 PM »
Fuck that noise, I hope we beat bama, Ark beats LSU and then gets beat by UGA in the SECCG.  Okie St to beat Oklahoma,  VT to curb stomp Clemson, leaving Okie St and VT to play for it all.

If Auburn can't be the SEC team in the title game then I won't support it.  After last year, fuck the SEC. I hate all of the teams in the league outside of Auburn and the bottom dwellers. I want our competitors to have absolutely zero success in any endeavor they undertake.

And then there is this. I would had to that with Boise jumping everyone just to piss people off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 02:45:43 PM »

THIS guy....he knows shit.

And I agree with him 100%.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »

^^^A Moment of Clarity^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2011, 03:07:26 PM »
Egg Zachary Tigger1.  After all the baseless shit thrown at Auburn over the past year...... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 09:33:13 PM »
If LSU losses to Arkansas, they'd drop below bama and Arkansas in the BCS Polls. If it's a 3-way tie, the lowest team gets dropped. That would put bama in the SEC Championship against UGA (which judging by what my bammer coworkers tell me, they don't want to go).

If LSU & bama lose, bama would drop further than LSU (since it would be the #3 ranked team beating them, instead of a 4 loss Auburn team). In that senario, Arkansas wins the tie breaker over LSU, they'd play UGA in the SEC Championship game.

As for the BCS Championship game? Who the fuck knows, it'll come down to who drops the least (OU will beat OSU, VT could lose in the ACC Championship, etc., etc)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2011, 09:47:32 PM »
If LSU losses to Arkansas, they'd drop below bama and Arkansas in the BCS Polls. If it's a 3-way tie, the lowest team gets dropped. That would put bama in the SEC Championship against UGA (which judging by what my bammer coworkers tell me, they don't want to go).

If LSU & bama lose, bama would drop further than LSU (since it would be the #3 ranked team beating them, instead of a 4 loss Auburn team). In that senario, Arkansas wins the tie breaker over LSU, they'd play UGA in the SEC Championship game.

As for the BCS Championship game? Who the fuck knows, it'll come down to who drops the least (OU will beat OSU, VT could lose in the ACC Championship, etc., etc)
So essentially the Bams want Arky to beat LSU and avoid the SECCG (LSU winner of the west would play UGA) This scenario in their thinking gives them one spot in the NCG.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »
I can see Arky giving LSU trouble if Wilson stays upright and the dufus twins start taking turns throwing picks.
But IMO this only happens if the Hogs can slow the run game...BIG IF!

UGA is a hot team now. I hate the bastards but they are peaking at the right time. Only problem is that Crowell has a high ankle sprain yet is expected to play against Tech. Doesn't bode well for his health in the SECCG though. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 01:22:24 AM »
Write this down, if Auburn beats bama...bama will still be in the BCS Championship Game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 08:37:18 AM »
Write this down, if Auburn beats bama...bama will still be in the BCS Championship Game.

With two losses?  Might happen if Oklahoma beats Oklahoma St (both would then have two losses), Stanford loses in the Pac 12 championship (giving them 2 losses), LSU beats Arkansas, and Va Tech loses to Clemson in the ACC championship (giving them 2 losses).  And then Boise State getting screwed over in the BCS rankings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 09:23:22 AM »

Its possible but a lot of other things have to happen as AU 2000 mentioned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, 09:52:53 AM »

No fucking way a 2 loss team that doesn't even play for the conference championship is in the BCSC game.  THAT isn't going to happen.   IF it does, the BCS is dead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2011, 09:53:59 AM »
No fucking way a 2 loss team that doesn't even play for the conference championship is in the BCSC game.  THAT isn't going to happen.   IF it does, the BCS is dead.

THIS guy ^^^  He knows things. And this topic is one of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 09:58:01 AM »
THIS guy ^^^  He knows things. And this topic is one of them.

Knowing something that will NEVER actually come to fruition, that's pretty fucking easy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions