Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New Alabama Immigration Law.

JR4AU

New Alabama Immigration Law.
« on: October 29, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
I had a 4 hour training seminar on it yesterday.  Attended by District Attorneys, Asst. Dist. Attorneys, AG's office, the head of Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training, and Dist. Attorney's Investigators, and some Feds/Homeland Security folks.  There wasn't a soul in the room that truly understood it.  There wasn't a soul in the room that wasn't constantly saying: "Wait, what the fuck?" (not those words, but they were thinking it) or "What the fuck were those morons in Montgomery thinking?"  It's a convoluted, useless pile of dog shit!   It's not going to accomplish all of what people think it will, or even most of it, and it's going to be extremely burdensome on law enforcement, especially the small, understaffed, underfunded agencies.   It uses civil liability on LE and prosecutors to mandate we enforce it.  However, the paperwork, and proof that someone is illegal is in the hands of the Feds (ICE), and guess what, they're not going to comply (nor do they have to) and send the proof we need to prove someone is illegal in order to prosecute them at the state level.   Huge steaming pile of donkey shit! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: New Alabama Immigration Law.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 12:35:29 PM »
I had a 4 hour training seminar on it yesterday.  Attended by District Attorneys, Asst. Dist. Attorneys, AG's office, the head of Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training, and Dist. Attorney's Investigators, and some Feds/Homeland Security folks.  There wasn't a soul in the room that truly understood it.  There wasn't a soul in the room that wasn't constantly saying: "Wait, what the fuck?" (not those words, but they were thinking it) or "What the fuck were those morons in Montgomery thinking?"  It's a convoluted, useless pile of dog shit!   It's not going to accomplish all of what people think it will, or even most of it, and it's going to be extremely burdensome on law enforcement, especially the small, understaffed, underfunded agencies.   It uses civil liability on LE and prosecutors to mandate we enforce it.  However, the paperwork, and proof that someone is illegal is in the hands of the Feds (ICE), and guess what, they're not going to comply (nor do they have to) and send the proof we need to prove someone is illegal in order to prosecute them at the state level.   Huge steaming pile of donkey shit!

Again, blame the perp....not the law. You lawyers suck at teh root cause analysis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 12:38:01 PM »
Again, blame the perp....not the law. You lawyers suck at teh root cause analysis.

Blame "the perp" (you been watching too much TV) for writing a steaming pile of shit law that makes it hard on law enforcement, and DA's, and easy on the illegals?  Your analysis is poor. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 03:07:37 PM »

Blame the law if it sucks...and it does.

That's not to say that we shouldn't be creating and enforcing laws which prevent individuals from partaking in illegal activities, nor should we just overlook criminal activity because it may be hard to regulate.

But when the law sucks, it sucks; the criminals didn't legislate it, so place blame where it is due.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 06:08:06 PM »
Blame the law if it sucks...and it does.

That's not to say that we shouldn't be creating and enforcing laws which prevent individuals from partaking in illegal activities, nor should we just overlook criminal activity because it may be hard to regulate.

But when the law sucks, it sucks; the criminals didn't legislate it, so place blame where it is due.

In fact, they weren't even criminals until this law was passed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 02:29:19 PM »
I've said since the beginning that this law is a huge bluff out of Montgomery.  It's the biggest waste of time that I've ever seen and we have basically changed nothing where I live.  We already have ICE based in our county, and we already have the 287g program.  The new bill is worthless to me. 

The ONLY think I like, we now have permission to jail anyone driving on a suspended/revoked license.  I think it should have always been that way, but for whatever reason, our decision makers have told us we can.  That could change next week though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 03:11:38 PM »
I've said since the beginning that this law is a huge bluff out of Montgomery.  It's the biggest waste of time that I've ever seen and we have basically changed nothing where I live.  We already have ICE based in our county, and we already have the 287g program.  The new bill is worthless to me. 

The ONLY think I like, we now have permission to jail anyone driving on a suspended/revoked license.  I think it should have always been that way, but for whatever reason, our decision makers have told us we can.  That could change next week though.

When a friend or family member of a legislator is jailed because they're driving without a license, and for some reason it can't be verified that they have a valid one, it will. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 05:45:39 PM »
When a friend or family member of a legislator is jailed because they're driving without a license, and for some reason it can't be verified that they have a valid one, it will.

Not without.  Revoked or suspended.  But your point still stands. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:46:21 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 06:11:32 PM »
Not without.  Revoked or suspended.  But your point still stands.

No, the amended law (32-6-9) says if you can't verify they have a "VALID DL".  You lose your wallet, get stopped, and the computers are down...guess what, you're going to jail.  Expired DL?  Jail.  Not just suspended or revoked.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 10:44:57 PM »
Has it been brought up that Jo Bonner admitted that they had no intentions of actually arresting illegals or deporting illegals with this law? 

I read an article the other day (looking for it now) where he straight up admitted that the intention of this law is to scare illegal immigrants out of the state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 12:10:28 AM »
No, the amended law (32-6-9) says if you can't verify they have a "VALID DL".  You lose your wallet, get stopped, and the computers are down...guess what, you're going to jail.  Expired DL?  Jail.  Not just suspended or revoked.

I'm guessing that's why revoked/suspended was a focus point for us.  We were told exclusively NOT to jail someone unless they were revoked or suspended. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:12:48 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 12:19:32 AM »
Has it been brought up that Jo Bonner admitted that they had no intentions of actually arresting illegals or deporting illegals with this law? 

I read an article the other day (looking for it now) where he straight up admitted that the intention of this law is to scare illegal immigrants out of the state.

Well, then Bonner is an idiot.

You don't pass a law if you don't want it to be enforced.  You can't ignore the unconstitutionality of a law simply because you didn't intend for it to be enforced.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 08:30:12 AM »
You don't pass a law if you don't want it to be enforced. 
But, when you look at the law, you have to agree with Token. There is no way in hell they REALLY expected this thing to be enforced statewide. Sure, you will have some sheriffs and whatnot that will grandstand and probably create task forces, etc and will run with it. But, for the most part, it's a bluff to illegal immigrants, and the federal government for that matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 09:36:11 AM »
Blame "the perp" (you been watching too much TV) for writing a steaming pile of shit law that makes it hard on law enforcement, and DA's, and easy on the illegals?  Your analysis is poor.

I watch no TV that you are refering to. Hell, Ive never even watched a court drama like 90% of the rest of the country does.

Blame the criminal for the breaking the LAW is poor analysis? Holy fuck, were screwed as a country then. This law would not even had been needed if the current law had been enforced the last 20 fucking years and millions of illegals had not waltzed in while sptting in the face of our country's laws. Is it a poor law we have NOW in the state? Maybe. But that is NOT the root issue here. Complicate this all you want with your lawyer down talk and jargon but the simple fact is that a TON of folks broke the law and are illegal. And you want to blame a new state law for the problems. Why don't you blame the amigos that jumped over a fence knowingly illegal. And I use the amigos as an example because they are the only group that has done this in masses/millions. I am sure someone will call me a racist. I really don't give a flying fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 09:43:08 AM »
I watch no TV that you are refering to. Hell, Ive never even watched a court drama like 90% of the rest of the country does.

Blame the criminal for the breaking the LAW is poor analysis? Holy fuck, were screwed as a country then. This law would not even had been needed if the current law had been enforced the last 20 fucking years and millions of illegals had not waltzed in while sptting in the face of our country's laws. Is it a poor law we have NOW in the state? Maybe. But that is NOT the root issue here. Complicate this all you want with your lawyer down talk and jargon but the simple fact is that a TON of folks broke the law and are illegal. And you want to blame a new state law for the problems. Why don't you blame the amigos that jumped over a fence knowingly illegal. And I use the amigos as an example because they are the only group that has done this in masses/millions. I am sure someone will call me a racist. I really don't give a flying fuck.

You flying racist. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 10:00:30 AM »
I'm guessing that's why revoked/suspended was a focus point for us.  We were told exclusively NOT to jail someone unless they were revoked or suspended.

Which subjects you to the liability for non enforcement of the immigration bill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 10:03:38 AM »

Perp: a tv-ism.  Nobody in the legal/law enforcement profession actually says that word.   Only those "hard core law abiding" types that pick and choose which laws they like, and say fuck the laws they don't.   

The law is poorly written, and doesn't do what it was intended to do.  Apply your "simple man" analysis all you want...it's a shitty law.   No "amigos" wrote it. 

You do realize that "being an illegal" in this country isn't a crime?  I bet you don't know that do you?  It's these new fucking idiot state laws that make it a crime. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:30:04 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 10:38:07 AM »
Perp: a tv-ism.  Nobody in the legal/law enforcement profession actually says that word.   Only those "hard core law abiding" types that pick and choose which laws they like, and say fuck the laws they don't.   

The law is poorly written, and doesn't do what it was intended to do.  Apply your "simple man" analysis all you want...it's a shitty law.   No "amigos" wrote it. 

You do realize that "being an illegal" in this country isn't a crime?  I bet you don't know that do you?  It's these new fucking idiot state laws that make it a crime.

Them climbing over the border against documented procedures was illegal. They are still CURRENTLY guilty of doing something illegal. Get into semantics all you wish. Its your job. But what do I know, Im just a simpleton without a law degree right?

I think the word Perpetrator was around before Law and Order The SUVs. So by your logic, anyone who uses a word that is also used on TV had to have gotten it from TV. Check.

I really think you are directing your angst to the wrong people. Please honestly answer me: what the root cause of all of this is? Are you gonna tell me this NEW law is the cause of 40 million undocumented people entering the country the last 20 years? You know good and well, the root of this is a shit ton of people disregarding our federal laws by entering the country illegally and our fed govt (mostly lawyers) letting them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 11:04:26 AM »
The bottom line is this is a piece of shit law.  It will never be enforced and it's a complete waste of tax dollars.  We've been to one seminar in Hunstville in the last 2 weeks and it's the exact thing JR posted.  The law can't be enforced, and basically the entire session was spent telling us what we can't do instead of how we should enforce it. 

This law will lead to a serious racial profiling problem.  That's the one thing we can bank on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 11:27:12 AM »
The bottom line is this is a piece of shit law.  It will never be enforced and it's a complete waste of tax dollars.  We've been to one seminar in Hunstville in the last 2 weeks and it's the exact thing JR posted.  The law can't be enforced, and basically the entire session was spent telling us what we can't do instead of how we should enforce it. 

This law will lead to a serious racial profiling problem.  That's the one thing we can bank on.

Blame the perps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions