Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New Alabama Immigration Law.

JR4AU

Re: New Alabama Immigration Law.
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2011, 07:57:35 AM »
You can charge them, you just may not be able to convict them.  People are arrested and charged with theft for mere possession all of the time.  See Cam Newton.

But isn't this a little different?  Personal property can easily be moved around and placed in someone else's possession for purposes of framing them.  But a human being that is physically present in a country?  What's the excuse there?  The Mexican cartel drugged some random hombre and snuck him across the border against his will, all for the purpose of framing him for illegally entering the U.S.?

Is anyone really going to have a reasonable doubt as to whether a person who is not a U.S. citizen, yet is present in the U.S., and for whom there is not a shred of documentation which remotely suggests that he/she was legally present at any point in time, crossed the border by illegally entering this country?

Again, I don't deal with this area of law, so do correct me if I'm wrong, but just from reading a few memorandums from the DoJ, it would appear that individuals who are merely "found" to be residing in the U.S. without proper documentation can be charged with this federal crime; they don't actually have to be caught in the act of illegally entering.  There's also some case law which seems to suggest that an individual who is "found" in the U.S. can be charged with illegal entry:

Am I misreading those quotes, or otherwise missing something?  (Legitimate question; no sarcasm intended).

tl/dr
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2011, 09:51:19 AM »
BIL must be a peice of shit, like the new law.

Would you have raped him over the coles?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2011, 09:51:44 AM »
tl/dr

You gots more dodge than a Durango.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2011, 09:54:21 AM »
You gots more dodge than a Durango.

I was going to say that "no one puts JR in a corner". But yours is better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2011, 10:02:03 AM »
I still think my Mexican C.H.U.D. idea will work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »
BIL must be a peice of shit, like the new law.

Just because he had it didn't mean he did it.  Unless he did. Or it did.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2011, 06:58:23 PM »
You can charge them, you just may not be able to convict them.  People are arrested and charged with theft for mere possession all of the time.  See Cam Newton.

But isn't this a little different?  Personal property can easily be moved around and placed in someone else's possession for purposes of framing them.  But a human being that is physically present in a country?  What's the excuse there?  The Mexican cartel drugged some random hombre and snuck him across the border against his will, all for the purpose of framing him for illegally entering the U.S.?

Is anyone really going to have a reasonable doubt as to whether a person who is not a U.S. citizen, yet is present in the U.S., and for whom there is not a shred of documentation which remotely suggests that he/she was legally present at any point in time, crossed the border by illegally entering this country?

Again, I don't deal with this area of law, so do correct me if I'm wrong, but just ffrom reading a few memorandums from the DoJ, it would appear that individuals who are merely "found" to be residing in the U.S. without proper documentation can be charged with this federal crime; they don't actually have to be caught in the act of illegally entering. There's also some case law which seems to suggest that an individual who is "found" in the U.S. can be charged with illegal entry:

Am I misreading those quotes, or otherwise missing something?  (Legitimate question; no sarcasm intended).

If I "find" you in my house fucking with my stuff and I didn't invite you in?  I should be able to shoot you.  At the very least I can kick your ass out the door.

If you're "found" in my country and you weren't invited?  Get out. 

You make sense here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Vandy Vol

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2011, 09:16:01 PM »
If I "find" you in my house fucking with my stuff and I didn't invite you in?  I should be able to shoot you.  At the very least I can kick your ass out the door.

Come on now...

If you found me in your house, we'd both squeal like little girls and proceed to have the happiest tea party evar.

But it won't compare to

THE GREATEST GAME EVER TO BE PLAYED
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:26:10 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

JR4AU

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »
If I "find" you in my house fucking with my stuff and I didn't invite you in?  I should be able to shoot you. 

You can, and you should, end of story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2011, 10:27:04 PM »
If I "find" you in my house fucking with my stuff and I didn't invite you in?  I should be able to shoot you. 

What makes you think that you can't?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2011, 10:28:23 PM »
What makes you think that you can't?

He loves me too much to go through with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions