Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What's funny to me...

Re: What's funny to me...
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 12:56:34 PM »
Why are we talking about QB's still?  We got beat for 2 reasons: A) Their O-Line was much better than our D-Line and Linebackers. 2) Their D-Line was much better than our O-Line.

There is nothing you can do X's and O's wise or with your skill players to overcome that on a consistent basis.  When your guys cannot make blocks or get off blocks you are going to lose unless the opposing QB throws 5 INT's or their running backs start putting the ball on the ground.  We got beat by a team that was superior up front.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 12:59:12 PM »
Why are we talking about QB's still?  We got beat for 2 reasons: A) Their O-Line was much better than our D-Line and Linebackers. 2) Their D-Line was much better than our O-Line.

There is nothing you can do X's and O's wise or with your skill players to overcome that on a consistent basis.  When your guys cannot make blocks or get off blocks you are going to lose unless the opposing QB throws 5 INT's or their running backs start putting the ball on the ground.  We got beat by a team that was superior up front.

But, what about the deep snapper?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 01:02:22 PM »

It's always easiest to blame the QB.  Besides, Gus can't tutor them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 01:09:42 PM »
Have to sort of agree here.  He will at least pull the trigger.  LSU not the best game to try to judge him by in his first start.  I want to see him this week, and with a full compliment of healthy, starting WRs

On Blake:

Apparently, he isn't as far as they hoped and will see if he is ready to go against Ole Miss.  We may be missing Blake again this weekend. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 01:10:24 PM »

THIS guy knows.

With the way we were getting manhandled in the trenches, I am not sure how well Peyton Manning would have done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 01:25:31 PM »
On Blake:

Apparently, he isn't as far as they hoped and will see if he is ready to go against Ole Miss.  We may be missing Blake again this weekend.

Not questioning the size of Blake's ball bag here, but I thought about him while watching a H.S. game down here Friday night.  One of the better games I've seen, BTW.  Two local 2A private schools, Providence Christian and Houston Academy, duked it out right until the end and did something you rarely see in high school.  HA was down one and had first and goal from the 2 yard line.  PCS stopped them 3 straight times and HA kicked a field goal to go up by 2 with about 3 minutes left.  Providence then drove the ball down field and with a few seconds left on the clock, kicked a long field goal for the win.  The deep snapper was the key.

Anywho, back to Blake.  The starting tailback/LB for Providence was ripping off 8-12 yards every time he touched the ball.  Start of the second quarter, he turns the ankle.  Comes out and they tape him up and he spends the rest of the half trying to walk.  He's right in front of me and I'm thinking no way he's going back in.  Can hardly walk, much less run.  3rd quarter the same.  Still trying to get where he can play.  4th quarter, HA is driving for the winning score (where the goal line stand happens)  The kid grabs his helmet and runs in, noticably hobbling.  Winds up in on just about every tackle and even runs one 15 yards on a draw play on the winning drive. 

I was thinking, man I hope Blake nuts up tomorrow and plays.  Now, he's 50/50 for the Ole Miss game?  Frick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 01:40:03 PM »
Not questioning the size of Blake's ball bag here, but I thought about him while watching a H.S. game down here Friday night.  One of the better games I've seen, BTW.  Two local 2A private schools, Providence Christian and Houston Academy, duked it out right until the end and did something you rarely see in high school.  HA was down one and had first and goal from the 2 yard line.  PCS stopped them 3 straight times and HA kicked a field goal to go up by 2 with about 3 minutes left.  Providence then drove the ball down field and with a few seconds left on the clock, kicked a long field goal for the win.  The deep snapper was the key.

Anywho, back to Blake.  The starting tailback/LB for Providence was ripping off 8-12 yards every time he touched the ball.  Start of the second quarter, he turns the ankle.  Comes out and they tape him up and he spends the rest of the half trying to walk.  He's right in front of me and I'm thinking no way he's going back in.  Can hardly walk, much less run.  3rd quarter the same.  Still trying to get where he can play.  4th quarter, HA is driving for the winning score (where the goal line stand happens)  The kid grabs his helmet and runs in, noticably hobbling.  Winds up in on just about every tackle and even runs one 15 yards on a draw play on the winning drive. 

I was thinking, man I hope Blake nuts up tomorrow and plays.  Now, he's 50/50 for the Ole Miss game?  Frick.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. He apparently isn't one of the fast healers. And Reed has been injured more than healthy since arriving on teh planes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:40 PM »
It's always easiest to blame the QB.  Besides, Gus can't tutor them.
Haven't blamed any QB for our problems. If we are able to run the ball we can get by with just over 50% comp. rate just by completing some key throws to keep a drive alive. Six sacks and a number of altered throws were just a small part of the loss. I don't even count the pick-6. Game was already over.

AU_ Tiger_ 2000 summed it up pretty well.
And LSU was much larger on both sides of the ball and did about what they wanted. And other than the starting LBs and both QBs, this same bunch of corndogs will be on the field at Jordan-Hare this time next season.

I know I've dissed a guy you think very highly of JR. I think Gus is one of Auburn's all time best hires. But I'm not going to back off on the tutoring comment. Anyway it's unlikely Malzahn has much more time to spend with them...in which case I would only suggest he find someone who can. Just the opinion of one Auburn fan.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 11:58:31 PM »
It all starts on the OL, not the QB.  The OL needs to stop getting shoved into the fucking backfield (I'm looking at you #62 CHAD SLADE).

Someone needs to make him mad or make him weight down the bench....either one.

AJ Greene, you're next on my Shit List. I fucking hate watching our OL block air or drop their heads and whiff on the 4.5 40 Rush DE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »
I watched the 2010 AU-UGA game again this morning when I could not sleep. 

You are wrong.  It IS the quarterback. 

Newton zipped passes to receivers on out routes.  He read the field, anticipated and uncorked lasers. 

Defenses had to respect his arm. That opened up the run.  Nobody respects the pass now. We can't hit wide open receivers. When was the last time you saw a hook or out pick up 10-15 yards?

One thing I also noticed that is a significant problem?  Adams and Burns were relentless blockers.  Now We are getting nothing out of the receivers on sweeps and reverses.  Their blocks are shed with ease. 

Watching that made me hurt.  Bad.  I saw one face in the starting offense that I see today.  And only one on defense. 

And even with all that turnover we are essentially the same team. The defense might actually be a touch better.  It's no worse.  I dont see a tremendous difference in the OL.  But we are definitely missing a QB with vision, an arm and the ability to make a decision and execute.  We are also missing receivers who put their heart into blocking.

And for the record?  Cam deserves his statue. I can't believe we were blessed enough to have him wear an Auburn jersey for 14 games.  Had he returned we would be 8-0, first or second in the BCS and nobody would give a shit about Nov. 5.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 11:08:15 AM »

Newton zipped passes to receivers on out routes.  He read the field, anticipated and uncorked lasers. 

Defenses had to respect his arm. That opened up the run.  Nobody respects the pass now. We can't hit wide open receivers. When was the last time you saw a hook or out pick up 10-15 yards?

One thing I also noticed that is a significant problem?  Adams and Burns were relentless blockers.  Now We are getting nothing out of the receivers on sweeps and reverses.  Their blocks are shed with ease. 

Watching that made me hurt.  Bad.  I saw one face in the starting offense that I see today.  And only one on defense. 

And even with all that turnover we are essentially the same team. The defense might actually be a touch better.  It's no worse.  I dont see a tremendous difference in the OL.  But we are definitely missing a QB with vision, an arm and the ability to make a decision and execute.  We are also missing receivers who put their heart into blocking.

And for the record?  Cam deserves his statue. I can't believe we were blessed enough to have him wear an Auburn jersey for 14 games.  Had he returned we would be 8-0, first or second in the BCS and nobody would give a shit about Nov. 5.
Not with the OL we are sporting out there.

They were giving Moseley an avg of 1.5 seconds to do something after the snap. I am not sure any QB can make up for that lack of protection.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 11:16:16 AM »
I am not sure any QB can make up for that lack of protection.

One guy begs to differ.

Rodgers hasn't had good pass protection yet and all he's done is carve up the NFL like a video game on retard setting.

Kaos is right - QB that the defense fears matters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »
One guy begs to differ.

Rodgers hasn't had good pass protection yet and all he's done is carve up the NFL like a video game on retard setting.

Kaos is right - QB that the defense fears matters.

A QB can make up for some lack of protection or even poor protection, but Moseley was getting NONE Saturday. Slade was getting his ass pushed back INTO the QB within seconds. And a lot of these situations they were only rushing 4. Chavis is THAT good.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:19:37 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 11:24:35 AM »
A QB can make up for some lack of protection or even poor protection, but Moseley was getting NONE Saturday. Slade was getting his ass pushed back INTO the QB within seconds. And a lot of these situations they were only rushing 4. Chavis is THAT good.

Yeah Slade was not doing well at anything. I saw him "pull" on a few running plays and it looked like he was walking. Those ole blocks are going to get the FrazierCat skinned quick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 11:28:56 AM »

And for the record?  Cam deserves his statue. I can't believe we were blessed enough to have him wear an Auburn jersey for 14 games.  Had he returned we would be 8-0, first or second in the BCS and nobody would give a shitake about Nov. 5.

You're kidding right?

Plus this is college, you can win a NC with a mediocre QB.  Just ask this guy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 11:31:37 AM »
You're kidding right?

Plus this is college, you can win a NC with a mediocre QB.  Just ask this guy.

Blasphemer. 
He's heady.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 11:32:59 AM »
Blasphemer. 
He's heady.

That's true, his head is very large.  His brain is so big it has sucked all the pigment from his face and hair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 11:36:07 AM »
That's true, his head is very large.  His brain is so big it has sucked all the pigment from his face and hair.

I think he just illegally hit Aaron Murray, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 11:38:26 AM »
I think Cam would have slowed down the relentless pass rush of the LSU ends.  Once they blitzed up field like that, Cam would have sprinted forward trucking LSU's lightweight linebackers for a five yard gain every time. 

That would open up the sweeps, which would open up the passing game. 

Would the receivers have caught the ball?  Would we still have given up 35 points on defense? 

No clue.  No clue if we would have won. 

But Cam is still playing video game football in the NFL.  LSU nor Bama this year would do shit to him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 11:38:55 AM »
I think he just illegally hit Aaron Murray, too.

I didn't know she played ball?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."