Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What's funny to me...

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: What's funny to me...
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2011, 07:10:09 AM »
Cam took over games which is why I say Gus got out of the way and let him play.

I don't know what Gus did or didn't do in regards to "tutoring" Cam, but this makes sense to me.  Look at the guy when he was actually put in at Florida for several plays.  Look at his play at Blinn College.

It seems absurd to me that some people (you know who you are, sunnamuhbeetches) want to give Gus the majority of the credit for "tutoring" Cam as a QB when, in reality, he came in as an awesome QB.  The system was adapted to revolve around Cam.

Malzahn is a fucking offensive genius in my opinion, but I don't think that anyone needs to bow down to him or any other offensive coaches at Auburn and respect what they did for Cam Newton, because most of Cam's abilities, talent, and playing style were already there.

Without a QB who doubles as a rushing threat, Malzahn's offense is struggling.  Of course, that's not the only problem.  If there was a QB who could pass, then I think Malzahn could and would adapt; it's not as if he's a one trick pony that requires a rushing QB.  If there was an offensive line which allowed a young, passing QB to progress, then Malzahn could make some improvements.  Nonetheless, it's clear that he doesn't have the level of QB talent to afford him the ability to succeed this season in regard to offensive schemes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »
All that really matters to me is that we are 93rd in the nation in total offense.  UAfuckingB is 95th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2011, 08:50:25 PM »
And you won't ever hear me say somebody should take a sack,

Unless it's to your chin...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Even our nerdy chicks are hotter than Iowa's

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2011, 10:31:50 PM »
I don't know what Gus did or didn't do in regards to "tutoring" Cam, but this makes sense to me.  Look at the guy when he was actually put in at Florida for several plays.  Look at his play at Blinn College.

It seems absurd to me that some people (you know who you are, sunnamuhbeetches) want to give Gus the majority of the credit for "tutoring" Cam as a QB when, in reality, he came in as an awesome QB.  The system was adapted to revolve around Cam.

Malzahn is a fucking offensive genius in my opinion, but I don't think that anyone needs to bow down to him or any other offensive coaches at Auburn and respect what they did for Cam Newton, because most of Cam's abilities, talent, and playing style were already there.

Without a QB who doubles as a rushing threat, Malzahn's offense is struggling.  Of course, that's not the only problem.  If there was a QB who could pass, then I think Malzahn could and would adapt; it's not as if he's a one trick pony that requires a rushing QB.  If there was an offensive line which allowed a young, passing QB to progress, then Malzahn could make some improvements.  Nonetheless, it's clear that he doesn't have the level of QB talent to afford him the ability to succeed this season in regard to offensive schemes.
Dude, it's also the rookie O-Line...young WR Corp...and a shitty QB to boot. 

One could argue that any offense would fail with a crap QB.  Look at Auburn's offense in 2009.  Even with a half decent QB (Todd) it excelled. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2011, 06:12:03 AM »

Without a QB who doubles as a rushing threat, Malzahn's offense is struggling. 

Chris "Iron Boots" Todd doubled over with laughter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2011, 07:15:08 AM »
Chris "Iron Boots" Todd doubled over with laughter.
Remember that one QB sneak on 3rd & 8? There wasn't a defender within 20 yards of Todd as he took everyone by surprise while he speed down the field for a gain of 9 yards. I started calling him the "white Vince Young".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs