Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Would you trade...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Would you trade...
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:15:27 AM »
Would you take a loss to LSU Saturday if you knew the Tigahs would turn around and beat Alabama? 

Would you gladly take a win over the fake Tigers if you knew that Bama would beat LSU, too?

I mean that's obviously not possible because Bama and LSU are going to play in the Super Bowl -- sorry Aaron Rogers and the Packers -- but it's just a thought. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Would you trade...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »
I would gladly trade a loss against LSU for a win against bama, and keeping them from getting their "Got 14' shirts printed up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »
Hells to the no-nos. 

I hope we beat LSU and hurt their best players. 

I couldn't give any bit of a dollop of a shit about the LSU-Bama game if it means Auburn losing. 

Bama wants me to think that my happiness is contingent upon their losing.  It only contributes.  I'm not happy at all if Auburn loses to Bama.

How about that question?  Would I be happy with LSU beating Alabama if it meant Alabama beating Auburn?  Bama's still knocked from the SEC championship.  Still knocked from the BCS championship. 

But no. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 11:29:59 AM »
Yes, I would take a 46-3 pounding by LSWho for a win over Bama.  Greatest rivalry game in sports.  No doubt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »
I am not conceding defeat to the fighting nutria's for any reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
I am not conceding defeat to the fighting nutria's for any reason.

Me either. 

I'm growing peeved at the number of Auburn fans that are conceding defeat to the corndogs. 

Who gives a shit about records, rankings, previous games, etc? 

Not me.  Not this week. 

Something exciting is brewing on the plains.  And in a few days, it's going to get on a plane to Red Stick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 11:43:38 AM »
Me either. 

I'm growing peeved at the number of Auburn fans that are conceding defeat to the corndogs. 

Who gives a shit about records, rankings, previous games, etc? 

Not me.  Not this week. 

Something exciting is brewing on the plains.  And in a few days, it's going to get on a plane to Red Stick.

I would never concede it, but I sure as hell would trade it for a win over the Tahd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 11:54:14 AM »
I would never concede it, but I sure as hell would trade it for a win over the Tahd.

T-H-I-S ^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »
I think I may have misunderstood the original question.

Clarify for me, K:

Would I gladly trade a loss to LSU if it meant LSU turning around and beating Bama?

or

Would I gladly trade a loss to LSU if it meant Auburn later on beating Bama?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 12:00:56 PM »
MOSELY FOR HEISMAN!

Screw the coonasses!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 12:12:28 PM »
I will not concede a loss, but I am damn sure not getting my hopes up. The losses hurt a lot more when you convince yourself you have a chance to win. I am going to save that thinking for Alabama...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 12:37:47 PM »
I will not concede a loss, but I am damn sure not getting my hopes up. The losses hurt a lot more when you convince yourself you have a chance to win. I am going to save that thinking for Alabama...

As crazy as this sounds, I feel better about this one than I did Arky.  I NEVER feel good about the Arkansas game and this year was no exception.  It went about like I figured and I made sure my blood pressure stayed level throughout.  Now, saying I feel better about LSU simply means I think we'll be more competitive than most give us credit for.  IF...IF, we had a QB, I'd say bring it on.  But, we suxx with a capital X at QB.  Doth not bode well when playing the nutria humpers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
Would you take a loss to LSU Saturday if you knew the Tigahs would turn around and beat Alabama? 

Would you gladly take a win over the fake Tigers if you knew that Bama would beat LSU, too?

I mean that's obviously not possible because Bama and LSU are going to play in the Super Bowl -- sorry Aaron Rogers and the Packers -- but it's just a thought.

I would not mind us losing to LSU if I knew Auburn would beat bammer.

I would not mind losing to LSU if I knew LSU would beat bammer.

I always want bammer to lose.  I don't mind if LSU wins.  And I sure as fuck want to see bammer lose to somebody.  All the more sweeter if we are the ones to fuck up their season, but at this point, I don't care who does it as long as someone does.  And if that means our young team takes a loss to LSU - a loss to the #1 team in the country, which would not be unexpected by ANYONE - I am willing to make the sacrifice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 12:40:50 PM »

Yes.

DO I think we are going to lose this weekend?  The odds are definitely not in Auburn's favor.  A realist sees it coming and while hoping for the best, prepares for reality.

But that's what makes a win by Auburn over LSU an upset, right?  You aren't supposed to see an upset coming.  And I will party like a rock star if it does come.

And then pray for LSU to take all their frustrations out on Rent Richardson and AJ Mcwaterhead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »
Only a few teams that I would rather see lose than LSU and only a couple of teams that I hate seeing us lose to worse than LSU. 

I would take a victory over LSU no matter the outcome on Nov 5th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 01:00:36 PM »
I would rather take a win over bama especially this year. Auburn plays bama at home and LSU in Death Valley. I hate to see Auburn lose to anyone at Jordan-Hare, it being bama is magnified by infinity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 02:06:29 PM »
I would rather take a win over bama especially this year. Auburn plays bama at home and LSU in Death Valley. I hate to see Auburn lose to anyone at Jordan-Hare, it being bama is magnified by infinity.

I will take a win over both and call it a day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 02:18:17 PM »
I will take a win over both and call it a day.

Can't argue with that. This would send the rest of the CFB into fits. Can you imagine the amount of butthurt this would cause?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 08:16:23 PM »
Can't argue with that. This would send the rest of the CFB into fits. Can you imagine the amount of butthurt this would cause?

It did last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 11:12:39 PM »
Answer: C). A win over both.

Next question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs