Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Friday Night Lights

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Friday Night Lights
« on: October 17, 2011, 10:22:11 AM »
Spent last week in Houston.  Got to experience Texas football on a Friday night.  Amazing experience and too long to go into everything.  Game between two of the top classification teams and I went because A.) I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and B.) My niece is on the dance team for The Woodlands.

Couple of things.  Most incredible high school stadium evah.  Seats about 30,000 with a jumbo screen, replays, incredible facilities all around.  Second, The Woodlands team ran out about 80-85 kids.  ONLY 3 sophomores.  Best coached high school team I've ever seen.  Each side of the ball had about 15-16 guys that all went 250+ to choose from.  I was asked several times how I thought Alabama H.S. football matched up.  Honestly, I think there would be several teams that would be equal to or better than this team athletically at teh skillz positions. But this team did everything with absolute precision. Unreal to watch.

I have to say they make this thing an event, from the game to the bands to the dance teams.  But it's also apparent that it's not nearly as intense as it is here from a football standpoint.  Not saying the players aren't intense...the crowd is there to see little Michelle wave the flag, or Tyler play the trumpet, or Jimmy be the mascot.  Half of them leave after the halftime show.

Overall, great experience.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Friday Night Lights
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 10:49:01 AM »
Pictures of the hot moms there, please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:49:56 AM »
Spent last week in Houston.  Got to experience Texas football on a Friday night.  Amazing experience and too long to go into everything.  Game between two of the top classification teams and I went because A.) I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and B.) My niece is on the dance team for The Woodlands.

Couple of things.  Most incredible high school stadium evah.  Seats about 30,000 with a jumbo screen, replays, incredible facilities all around.  Second, The Woodlands team ran out about 80-85 kids.  ONLY 3 sophomores.  Best coached high school team I've ever seen.  Each side of the ball had about 15-16 guys that all went 250+ to choose from.  I was asked several times how I thought Alabama H.S. football matched up.  Honestly, I think there would be several teams that would be equal to or better than this team athletically at teh skillz positions. But this team did everything with absolute precision. Unreal to watch.

I have to say they make this thing an event, from the game to the bands to the dance teams.  But it's also apparent that it's not nearly as intense as it is here from a football standpoint.  Not saying the players aren't intense...the crowd is there to see little Michelle wave the flag, or Tyler play the trumpet, or Jimmy be the mascot.  Half of them leave after the halftime show.

Overall, great experience.

Was your BIL there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 10:54:21 AM »
Was your BIL there?

Well, duh!!!  All of my stories have a BIL of some sort.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
Well, duh!!!  All of my stories have a BIL of some sort.

You're my boy Blue!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 11:00:15 AM »
My geeky nephew is first chair trumpet of The Woodlands HS band.  I'm sure you noticed him.  His ears make Tubby's look small.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »
My geeky nephew is first chair trumpet of The Woodlands HS band.  I'm sure you noticed him.  His ears make Tubby's look small.

Yep, they were showing videos on them during the halftime show. 

By the way, halftime shows aren't really my thing.  These two bands were amazing and just as big as most college bands. I think the other team was Oak Ridge or something.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »
Pictures of the hot moms there, please.

His wife wouldn't let him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 11:37:34 AM »
His wife wouldn't let him.

Yes, I can see you now at the next game or concert you go to with the wife.  "Whoa, hold on honey, check out those titz.  I gotta' get a shot of that for the board.  Oh, and look at that blonde.  Here, hold my drink baby."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 11:53:38 AM »
Yes, I can see you now at the next game or concert you go to with the wife.  "Whoa, hold on honey, check out those titz.  I gotta' get a shot of that for the board.  Oh, and look at that blonde.  Here, hold my drink baby."

Oh Yeah, oh yeah, well..................................... um..............
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 12:10:38 PM »

Damn you and your logic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 12:57:39 PM »

That's how the Godfather rolls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 01:09:23 PM »
That's how the Godfather rolls.

Yep...while she was taking a nap. 

Honestly, that place was overrun with hottays.  The Woodlands is a pretty incredible place.  TWench or others can correct me, but I think it was started as a little city unto itself by some skwazillionaire, years ago. It's divided into separate areas of haves and sort of have nots.  A little of everything from my in-laws to members of ZZ Top and Beyonce live there.  They have their own school system, shopping centers etc.  You could stand on a street corner and count the finest ass BMW's, Ferrari's, Merky D's and so on that money can buy.  Having said that, a lot..a LOT of hot wimmenz not working...just heading to the gym and jumping back in their Lexus' to go get they nails did and get little Tracy to softball practice.

Cool place. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 02:57:01 PM »
Yep...while she was taking a nap. 

Honestly, that place was overrun with hottays.  The Woodlands is a pretty incredible place.  TWench or others can correct me, but I think it was started as a little city unto itself by some skwazillionaire, years ago. It's divided into separate areas of haves and sort of have nots.  A little of everything from my in-laws to members of ZZ Top and Beyonce live there.  They have their own school system, shopping centers etc.  You could stand on a street corner and count the finest ass BMW's, Ferrari's, Merky D's and so on that money can buy.  Having said that, a lot..a LOT of hot wimmenz not working...just heading to the gym and jumping back in their Lexus' to go get they nails did and get little Tracy to softball practice.

Cool place.

Yes, The Woodlands is the finest in planned suburban development.  One rich guy with a vision of utopia. Every single fucking thing - from streets to trails to sidewalks to trees to signage micromanaged to the n-th degree.  Tiffany's just opened a new store in the large outdoor mall area this past November.  They pay a bribe to the City of Houston every year to keep from being anexed.  Lots of legitimately rich people, and lots of people living so fucking far beyond their means that they will be in debt for thirty years after they are dead.  Great schools, great academics - but you also have all the rich kid status problems, mean girls, serious drug use, bored rich kids vandalizing shit for kicks, suicide pacts.  Snaggie is right - the number of very thin, tanned ladies who play tennis, lunch with their frenemies, and go home and fuck the poolboy is astounding.  Going to lunch at certain places is always interesting.  LOTS of trophy wives. 

Essentially, The Woodlands is Stepford.  I work in The Woodlands, so I am around this shit every day.  Lest I sound overly jealous, I live in a nice part of town too - lower per capita income, and older developments, but with equally good schools with a helluva lot less drama.  The only part I am jealous of is the thin, tanned part. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 04:03:57 PM »
I am going to start a new business:

The Woodlands Pool Cleaning Company

Who's in?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »

Who's in?

Sign me up!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 04:15:43 PM »

Who's in?

There were all kinds of moms coming in and out of the home we were in.  One was picking up her little girl one morning.  Mom, tall blonde and hawt, had been at the Judas Priest concert the night before.

I said, I want to party with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »
Pictures of the hot moms there niece, please.

Fixt for Sani.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 08:47:46 PM »

Who's in?

Have done some (real) work down there-Fucking the women down there would be too much work. You could lay pipe for 24 hours, they would get up-bitch about it and want some MORE money. At some point it becomes not worth it. We got of few of those areas in Dallas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 09:41:06 AM »
Yes, The Woodlands is the finest in planned suburban development.  One rich guy with a vision of utopia. Every single fucking thing - from streets to trails to sidewalks to trees to signage micromanaged to the n-th degree.  Tiffany's just opened a new store in the large outdoor mall area this past November.  They pay a bribe to the City of Houston every year to keep from being anexed.  Lots of legitimately rich people, and lots of people living so fucking far beyond their means that they will be in debt for thirty years after they are dead.  Great schools, great academics - but you also have all the rich kid status problems, mean girls, serious drug use, bored rich kids vandalizing shit for kicks, suicide pacts.  Snaggie is right - the number of very thin, tanned ladies who play tennis, lunch with their frenemies, and go home and fuck the poolboy is astounding.  Going to lunch at certain places is always interesting.  LOTS of trophy wives. 

Essentially, The Woodlands is Stepford.  I work in The Woodlands, so I am around this shit every day.  Lest I sound overly jealous, I live in a nice part of town too - lower per capita income, and older developments, but with equally good schools with a helluva lot less drama.  The only part I am jealous of is the thin, tanned part.

Sounds like a few of those custom golf cart communities near Atlanta, i.e. Peachtree City
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE